Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

Pooky

Staff member
Back in the late 2000s there was the occasional rumour that Beverly Hills Cop IV was coming. Back then it seemed unlikely. In more recent years it's felt somewhat inevitable, especially after Coming 2 America. And sure enough at the end of last year we got a teaser which confirmed, among other things, that it had been given the slightly awkward post-Top Gun: Maverick title of Beverly Hill Cop: Axel F. And this week we got a trailer.

At the very least it doesn't look cheap. I'm glad Reinhold, Ashton and even Reiser are back, less sure if Pinchot's amusing but one note character needed to come back, again, but we'll see. The director, Mark Molloy, has never directed a film before, nor even any long-form television, another thing we'll see about.

At any rate, Axel's back on July 3rd, and on Netflix, so you won't even have to leave your house.

Frontier

Staff member
Compared to other film revivals this looks like it's got the spirit of the originals down and the original cast. Plus Joseph Gordon Levitt :D!

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
This thread had me thinking it released today, when I can't see it. I love the first two movies and barely remember the third. I'm a huge fan of 80s and 90s Eddie Murphy. I've really liked the trailers for this but I'm still being cautious. Coming 2 America was pretty disappointing for me but I'm hoping this manages to not be. It feels like I haven't seen a JGL movie in a longtime too, and Kevin Bacon is always great. It's cool that he's in this, knowing that they both rose to fame around the same time. The action set pieces look rightfully destructive.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts