C&C - Made in Abyss: Golden City of the Scorching Sun - "Village of the Hollows" [11/19]

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Previously, Riko, Reg, and Nanchi ventured into the village of the hollows
made-in-abyss_MIA_01_KEY_2048x768.jpg

toonami talkback.png
made in abyss talkback.png

Made in Abyss The Golden City of the Scorching Sun
Episode 3

"Village of the Hollows"​
Riko, Reg, and Nanachi learn more about the society the hollows developed​
OP: "Katachi" by Riko Azuna
ED: "Endless Embrace" by Myth and Roid
Post spoilers and you will succumb to the sixth layer's curse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: Did you know there's an island in a lake in Mexico where you can find dolls hanging from trees?

*sees title*
Is this a Bleach crossover?

Anyone Mitty knew?

I wonder if that's Morse code or something.

Prushka? Is that the name of her whistle? Did I need to watch the movie for this?

Normally when someone wants a body, they feed off travelers.

If these are anything like Shel Silverstein's Googies, they never buy the bad ones.

This place sounds like a chop shop for people.

You break it, you buy it.

You squeezed it so hard it pooped its guts out.

This market does NOT take kindly to shoplifters.

Here's your change.

Uhh...need-o el hotel-o, place to sleep-o?

De do do do, de da da da, is all I have to offer you.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Okay, now something scarier than the curse - the Balancing. Words have power more or less and that one Hollow got maimed for being too rough with Meinya. Seems like a system of currency on one hand but if value is really determined by the collective village... that's a little communist. I mean so if you have enough value, couldn't you just buy everyone out in the village? And even creepier, human children have high value.

Hello, new character. Princess of the Hollows, eh? Should be interesting. By that I mean probably hiding a dark soul crushing secret given this is Made in Abyss.

Eh, what are those the Ganja met. Hollows or are they early robots/versions of Reg? Have a feeling Ganja started this village Reg, Riko, and Nanachi are in. And I'd say a high chance, the village will be totaled by the end of the season per anime rules, lol.

Prushka? Is that the name of her whistle? Did I need to watch the movie for this?
Without getting into spoilers, yes and yes.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
"This journey is a once-in-a-lifetime thing!"
So is that diarrhea you've got.

Next time, if you see a lot of flies swarming around something, maybe don't eat it.

I can't tell if that comes from Studio Ghibli or Vivziepop.

And another flashback.

All that glitters is not golden cities.

Okay, a promo. So no holiday marathon next week.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts