Can't Adult Swim bring back previously cancelled content for their block? After all they brought back Toonami.

Eldorado

I'd like to see them bring back Close Enough and Infinity Train (that way the mature content of that show will be more allowed).

Conttactt

Infinity Train was written off so they can’t do anything with that even if they want to.

As for everything else, most of the time things are cancelled because they perform poorly, so it doesn’t make much sense to bring them back.

Low Spark of Lyman

What a night! I had to do six encores at the club.
"After all they brought back Toonami."

I think Family Guy and Futurama are more fitting examples, since we seem to be talking more about shows here. Although even then, I'm not sure if that sort of thing is as feasible as it was in the first decade of Adult Swim.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
There are quite a few shows they saved from network tv failure, going back to Home Movies on the first night of AS. More recently, they rescued Tuca and Bertie and gave it a couple more seasons. I don’t think they have much interest in doing this anymore, though. They haven’t really been snatching up every failed Fox cartoon like they used to. Max stuff that WBD already gave up on and wrote off has no chance of airing.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I would absolutely love to see more Infinity Train, but since WB wrote it off, I don't think that Adult Swim could rescue it. Close Enough would be a better fit for the block by comparison, but I think it was written off as well.

Eldorado

I would absolutely love to see more Infinity Train, but since WB wrote it off, I don't think that Adult Swim could rescue it. Close Enough would be a better fit for the block by comparison, but I think it was written off as well.
I've been looking and I don't see anything about both shows being written off. It was just removed from streaming platforms.

You can buy the first season of Infinity Train on Amazon Plus, and I think you can buy some episodes of Close Enough on iTunes.

Last edited:

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Now, that would be great....if it was in my dream. In reality? Not gonna happen.

J'onn J'onzz

Best Male Member '08
You may be right… after looking into the situation, I see the creator said the reason for the removal was to avoid paying residuals. There are some shows which were removed from Max but not written off as far as we know.

Eldorado

Final Space WAS written off, but as far as I'm aware, Infinity Train and Close Enough were only removed.
Which gives Adult Swim the perfect opportunity to pick it up for their block. I know Owen Dennis is doing the Among Us cartoon but once that's over with maybe they can get him back.

And JG Quintel isn't doing anything at the moment.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Featured Posts