International Nickelodeon Thread Part 13

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
new licenses

J10

Paramount Global wants Czechia all the time.

They should have done that before their current license ends in few weeks or two months, not when they renew their current license with CVDM.

Paramount should get questioned and investigated about this. I guess they have violated the licensing laws, for not doing this before their licenses’ expiration.

Also, their Dutch channels are revoking their CVDM license and going to RRtv, becoming like CN NL.

Last edited:

Walker

Nick CEE's Turkish subfeed updated their ad break bumpers today:

Funny how it's the Turkish one out of all :p
The other subfeeds remain with the old bumpers.
The people responsible for CEE - Türkiye feed follow this forum :D

Another update: Normally the Turkish feed ends the Romanian feed at 03:00 at night and the Turkish program is broadcast. Sometimes Hey Nickelodeon (Dora the Explorer episodes) and sometimes Music programs were shown. For example: International Nickelodeon thread part 11.
As the Turkish program ends at 05:00 at night, the Romanian feed becomes active again. As of today, there is a new logo in Turkish programs, but the broadcast is in 4:3 screen format.
cee.png
ceeee.png

Here is the moment of switching back to the CEE feed:
1713617634598.png

RegularCapital

Staff member
The Nickelodeon Germany channel is to be sold to RTL and will exit the broadcast free linear TV market in Germany: RTL's Super RTL wants to take over the channel and rebrand it as Toggo, the channel will continue to air Nickelodeon programming among other shows.

Paramount itself will rely on the Paramount+ streaming service for kids content in Germany in the future.

The takeover is subject to approval by the German Federal Cartel Office.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
The Nickelodeon Germany channel is to be sold to RTL and will exit the broadcast free linear TV market in Germany: RTL's Super RTL wants to take over the channel and rebrand it as Toggo, the channel will continue to air Nickelodeon programming among other shows.

Paramount itself will rely on the Paramount+ streaming service for kids content in Germany in the future.

The takeover is subject to approval by the German Federal Cartel Office.

So, is Comedy Central suffering the same fate... or?
Watch this happen to Super too. DeAgostini should never have sold it, that's the price to pay for sending Marino into retirement.

zQwmy

Deutsche Telekom
Austria and Switzerland will stay unaffected.
1713872221615.png

I suppose Nick Jr will go from pay TV too?
Nick Jr, as well as NickToons and Nickelodeon Austria/Schweiz are currently managed by different teams than the German one, who want to rely on Paramount+ for kids content.

So probably not... for now.

Reactions: J10

Francisque

Austria and Switzerland will stay unaffected.
View attachment 308152

Nick Jr, as well as NickToons and Nickelodeon Austria/Schweiz are currently managed by different teams than the German one, who want to rely on Paramount+ for kids content.

So probably not... for now.
Yes, but the upper management is still the same German one, is there to decide whether Nick Jr will remain profitable or not

RegularCapital

Staff member
No Nickelodeon in Germany (except for Paramount+) makes Nick Jr. and Nicktoons look weird on their own (even if its not directly ran by the same people), it's already weird that there is free/pay-TV split, a peculiarity of the German TV market, same with the Disney Channels. The Swiss version is 100% independent, so we know that wouldn't be affected.

Just like Japan, this is the second time Nick Germany will close. Also, the original plan was to rename Super RTL as Toggo.

Additional sources:

nevocated

What the what?
Will SuperRTL carry Nick shows then? It's really weird. Is Nick Austria next?
Super RTL already carries a few Nick shows. (SpongeBob, TLH, Blaze and the Monster Machines, PAW Patrol, Monster High 2022)

Also, Super RTL has already expressed their plans to make a 24/7 Toggo channel, but I didn't know it would end up like *this*. 0_o

Last edited:

ilpuyopuyo

At TAMAX-TV HQ
No Nickelodeon in Germany (except for Paramount+) makes Nick Jr. and Nicktoons look weird on their own (even if its not directly ran by the same people), it's already weird that there is free/pay-TV split, a peculiarity of the German TV market, same with the Disney Channels. The Swiss version is 100% independent, so we know that wouldn't be affected.

Just like Japan, this is the second time Nick Germany will close. Also, the original plan was to rename Super RTL as Toggo.

Additional sources:

at this point....
RTL Super (entertainment) might go 24/7 (except teleshopping) with Toggo moving to former Nickelodeon Germany channel.

that's my prediction.

Francisque

I think Nickelodeon in Germany will be paid. And Nickelodeon Global will work in its place. The main purpose of RTL is the frequency on which Nickelodeon Germany works for free
No, they're exiting the traditional linear TV market altogether

There's no appetite for keeping Nickelodeon on pay TV, these days, especially not in Germany

J10

I suppose that will happen

And RTL Super will just become a common Entertainment channel, putting an end to the silly "Super RTL is both RTL Super and Toggo" concept
RTL Super should be renamed to RTL Xtra instead, as Super RTL is dedicated for a kids channel.

Francisque

RTL Super should be renamed to RTL Xtra instead, as Super RTL is dedicated for a kids channel.
No, it's actually more intricate than that

Super RTL, by the time Super RTL 20:15-6:00 rebrand to RTL Super, consists now (according to their logic and internally) of RTL Super, the entertainment channel 20:15-6:00 and the kids channel Toggo, 6:00-20:15

By moving Toggo I suppose 24/7 to where Nickelodeon is, they can unload the kids channel there and transform RTL Super into a proper entertainment 24/7 and get rid of the Super RTL megabrand

As it's quite confusing to have a "megabrand" and a "sub-brand" similarly called, especially as the name of Super RTL is still attached to the older RTL branding

Super RTL is not felt to be a "kids branding" anymore; it was, in the past, but then it was decided to move to Toggo as "its own internal channel"; so much a Toggo Plus timeshift channel exists, but not a Super RTL Plus one

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Not sure how I've only just heard of Too Close for Comfort; so it's a sitcom where Ted Knight plays a cartoonist? Based on a British sitcom I've somehow also never heard of?? With a Garfield themed episode guest staring Jim Davis?!?

Featured Posts