"Knuckles (2024 Mini-Series)" Pre-Release News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
You know if we have a thread for the various Sonic series coming out why not one for the Knuckles show? Especially since we got a bunch of news about it today. Mostly that this six episode limited series is streaming on Paramount Plus April 26th, and that we got a trailer for it!

I will admit I was kind of hoping that we would see teases of other Sonic characters in this series. Yeah I know it's expensive to have a full even mini series have a lot of full CG characters that are supposed to be on the same level of the film but like why have a series like this if you aren't willing to spend the green to help build up the infinite potential of the Sonic universe? Plus having the villains just be some people who had access to Robotnick's tech and are really just agents feels kind of lame but eh probably something bigger to worry about then that they aren't showing. I will say this though; as a Knuckles fan (one of my top 3 favorite characters of all time) I do love all of his moments in this trailer. Like I do love the idea of him setting up a fight chamber in the house to have the mail man go against the dog, him so casually just throwing off a weight to showcase his incredible strength and how he doesn't kid (BTW is the backing track to this trailer the Knuckle up rap that Nerdout make cause that is wickedly cool if true), the shot of not only his hat from the OVA but also his parentage (as that was something I did like teasing in the second movie that if since we are getting a full series now feels like it really should be expanded on here) and the end clip of Wade being dragged away and Knuckles just sipping on coffee saying he needs to "learn how to rescue himself". I will say that sort of dynamic is a funny one so I'd be down with seeing more of that here. So overall good first look hope the series does my boy the justice he deserves.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Knuckles TV Show Hits Paramount+ April 26"​

knuckles.jpg

"On the same day Paramount announced Sonic The Hedgehog 3 (coming this December), they also said they were simultaneously working on a TV miniseries starring Knuckles the Echidna, spun off from the cinematic universe. Today was the day the Mountain revealed what that will look like, as well as when we can see it.

Knuckles’ first appearance in the Sonic 2 movie mirrored his character arc from the Sonic 3 video game: as protector of the Master Emerald, he was tricked by Dr. Robotnik into believing Sonic was trying to steal it. In reality of course it was Eggman who wanted the Emerald and Sonic and Knuckles had to team up to defeat him. The movie had a similar situation going."

Read the full article here.

Anyone else looking forward to "live action" Sonic that's not a theatrical film?

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
As someone who really loves the first Sonic movie (never seen Sonic 2, but I really want to so badly, and I hope Sonic 3 sticks the landing), a Knuckles spin off series is a pretty cool idea.

One downside is that it's a Paramount Plus exclusive show, and I'm not interested in getting Paramount Plus anytime soon, but other than that, I hope it does goes well.

the shot of not only his hat from the OVA
Yeah, I did saw that too. I was really happy.:D

Frontier

Staff member
This looks fun and I'm glad it looks like a legit Knuckles show and not a "Knuckles and mostly humans because we need to save on budget" show :p.

That being said the antagonists being discount Robotnik and team don't fill me with a lot of enthusiasm nor does the lack of game characters (aside from...Pachamac o_O?), but it's not necesarilly a dealbreaker :).

Bonus points for Knuckles' cowboy hat though :D!

Pooky

Staff member
I'm surprised by how close this looks, tonally, aesthetically, just generally, to the films, even with Sonic and Tails appearing and Tika Sumpter and Adam Pally reprising their roles (but not James Marsden? Jim Carrey's absence is no surprise). Don't know if it was reflected in anything they said or just my imagination going into overdrive, but when it was announced I got the impression it was going to be a prequel and/or "lore" deep dive, more akin to (but probably toned down from!) some of the stuff the Archie comics got into.

Anyway, it looks fun, and more or less on par with the films.

Frontier

Staff member
I had fun with it but by the second half it really felt less like a Knuckles show and more like the "Wade Wipple Show: Featuring Knuckles the Echidna."

And aside from maybe a few nods to Sonic 3 (the incident in 1974) and featuring Pacchamac and even Iblis (!) it really didn't feel like they expanded the lore or incorporated more from the games. I also felt like more time could've been spent fleshing out the villains.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My reaction that Disney's Mickey Mornings block ends at 12:30pm.
I just thought about something. Let's say, hypothetically, Adult Swim cancels Checkered Past. What do you think would happen to the classic CN shows on the block?

after youtube NickRewind somehow posting LOT Victorious videos, however just today, the short is Nick preschool podcasts. Don't know if it's permanent

Last May 15 posted Dora's new podcast trailer
The daily experience of going on social media: "Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alpha-Bits! It says 'ooooooo'." "Peter, those are Cheerios."
did I just get threatened by breakfast cereal

Featured Posts