"My Adventures With Superman" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interview with the producers.
-There's some twists in her story and some twists of how we're presenting her and that's all I'll say
-The other thing we can say about Kara, is that Clark and Kara classically have different relationships to Krypton and that will be a lot of fun
-M. Willis is one of our writers, both she made him sassy and also once we got into the recording booth, Jason Marnocha, who voices Jor-El really put some sass into that voice, 'Okay, you kind of like raising your son,' and he goes, 'I've got it! and then you get the snarkiest Jor-El we've ever seen.
-Krypton is more complex than Clark decided it was at the middle of season one and Brainiac is going to enlighten him a whole bunch about that.
-In a way, yeah. There's a way in which Clark and Lois get a look at another version of Superman. But it's distinct from season one. I guess the answer is yeah, we're going to look at other possible outcomes and other takes on Superman, but not in the way that we did in season one.
-Josie Campbell: I think this season, we have different episodes that are crucial for them for each character, especially Lois and Clark are going to have big turning points. There's kind of a Lois-centric episode that you're going to know which one it is when we get there. A lot of the back half is very Clark/Superman-centric. Jimmy is getting his moments to shine, especially in the middle of the season, so I think each character gets a spotlight-like episode, essentially.
-Jake Wyatt: The middle is the big turning point, though, from episode four, the story starts to turn, our characters start to get challenged in ways they weren't in season one. The challenge runs Jimmy, Lois, Clark and then back again!
-Josie Campbell: This is the season where we're most testing their bonds of love and friendship, I would say, so a lot of the episode is going to be revolving around that and the follow up from that.
-Jose: I think season two is fun and very emotional. I think we're putting Clark, Lois, and Jimmy through the wringer in every way. It's not just physical challenges, but their emotional journeys and their emotional arcs are really at the forefront. So if you want to see more Superman getting punched and then being sad, this is the season for you!
-Jake: we emotionally abused Clark in season one, and in season two, no one is safe!

Brendan Clogher sneaked Luthor into the show and some hints of his arc in season 2.

Campbell on the comic
-But the series, especially as you start getting into it in the next couple of issues going forward, is going to get a little bit more into Clark’s headspace and a little bit more into this question of, ‘If you’re created for war and if you’re created for destruction, can you really help people? Or is this a fool’s errand?
-So I think with this series, you’re going get a little bit more digging into the personalities of Clark and a little bit more into this question of like, ‘Can you choose to be a hero or are you destined to maybe mess things up?

Interview with Jake Wyatt. Mentions they have seasons 3-4 outlined and creatively approved but no comment if it's not greenlit yet, talks about the creation of the show, working through the pandemic and merger, working while not knowing if the show was still alive, bringing people in like Christie Tseng, some hints about season 2. Interestingly, he hinted if a DC character is likely to have a solo live action movie then the least likely the character will appear on this show like Batman and Wonder Woman.

-first half hour, gets into background and developing MAWS. At 29 min., gets into MAWS being moved around - credits studio leaders with being savvy.
-Credits Christie Tseng with the 'anime style'

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, I kind of figured that a big thrust of this season would be Clark finding out the truth about Krypton.

In season 1 Krypton, and his heritage, was treated as like the boogeyman and Clark assumed he was sent to Earth as a weapon or the herald to an invasion and Clark basically turned away from anything Kryptonian or having to do with his birthplace. From all appearances Krypton seemed to be DC Viltrumites.

So it seems like they're finally going to challenge that and Clark's conception about Krypton and let him find out the truth about his heritage. Was he destined to be a weapon? Did his biological parents love him? Was there an alternate future where he was an evil invading Kryptonian?

And of course there's Brainiac, who might twist the narrative, and Kara who was actually raised on Kryptonian and will probably be the pure Kryptonian counterpoint to Clark's perspective.

"So if you want to see more Superman getting punched and then being sad, this is the season for you!" - What if you want to watch Superman win fights :p?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
According to TV Passport, "The Machine Who Would Be Empire" airs on June 22nd. The synopsis is "Kidnapped and far from home, Superman bonds with his cousin Kara; he discovers the truth about Krypton from the last Kryptonians in existence."

EDIT: The Talkback for Season 2 is now up!

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Another one from the Jake Wyatt interview I forgot to note:

01:18:37-01:19:17
We had Lucy Lane pitches in the writer's room for season one that we just didn't--we only get 10 episodes a season. If we had 24 episode seasons or 26 episode seasons as a traditional, you'd see a lot more of this like supporting cast stuff happening. What I have found over the two seasons that we actually have produced is that we have just enough time to service like the core characters and their arc and bring in a few fun friends along the way so not every idea gets used and it's not even about the quality of the idea, it's about like "okay well which guest stars?" and it's which guest stars serve the needs of our main cast.

Frontier

Staff member
According to TV Passport, "The Machine Who Would Be Empire" airs on June 22nd. The synopsis is "Kidnapped and far from home, Superman bonds with his cousin Kara; he discovers the truth about Krypton from the last Kryptonians in existence."

EDIT: The Talkback for Season 2 is now up!
Judging from that title I'm getting the sense that the "Kryptonian Empire" is something that came about when they created Brainiac and he basically destroyed the planet in the process, and Clark will learn that from Kara :ack:
Another one from the Jake Wyatt interview I forgot to note:

01:18:37-01:19:17
Oh hey, they actually discussed Lucy! I was thinking to myself how they had never mentioned or addressed her the whole time with all the Lane family drama o_O.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Judging from that title I'm getting the sense that the "Kryptonian Empire" is something that came about when they created Brainiac and he basically destroyed the planet in the process, and Clark will learn that from Kara :ack:
The title of that episode sounds familiar, something like a riff on The Boy Who Would Be King or something from Merlin myth?

Oh hey, they actually discussed Lucy! I was thinking to myself how they had never mentioned or addressed her the whole time with all the Lane family drama o_O.
5/25: Yeah, if any show could do Lucy justice it would be this one. She was in a flashback and mentioned once in STAS? Vs. what they did with her on Superman & Lois... there's a lot of potential still to be explored with her.

5/26: Comments from Wyatt and Campbell. The identity theme comes back really strong for Krypton and Supergirl and everything that Clark's going through. His resolve will be tested. Kara not only tests the notion of finding family in each other, but also the main trio will find new reserves of love and strength within themselves for and with her.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
5/26: Comments from Wyatt and Campbell. The identity theme comes back really strong for Krypton and Supergirl and everything that Clark's going through. His resolve will be tested. Kara not only tests the notion of finding family in each other, but also the main trio will find new reserves of love and strength within themselves for and with her.
I feel like the big conflict with Kara is going to be that like Clark she never grew up with Krypton (unlike in the comics) but that makes her more susceptible to listening to Brainiac because he convinces her that following him is the best way to restore their culture and she latches onto it because, unlike Clark, she's never been shown anything else.

So Clark, and the rest of the trio, will have to talk her out of it and convince her to go against Brainiac and give Earth a chance. And then she'll finally become Supergirl.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Very interesting. Who knows who else will pop up in this episode if they're casting a wide net like Silas. The title makes sense know besides being a pun on Fullmetal Jacket.

So the blue powers thing continue to manifest.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
In regards to the episode title, I was also reminded of Fullmetal Alchemist taking into account the anime influences the show has.

As for Superman's blue aura, I wonder if they're hinting at a version of the Superman Red/Superman Blue story.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
As for Superman's blue aura, I wonder if they're hinting at a version of the Superman Red/Superman Blue story.
I think so, too. But he's never gone red. Yet? I can't really think of another time when Superman's superpowers extended to personal force field.

Another thing about that notion he thought he was just a weapon created by his parents. What if he was in part engineered to defeat the Kryptonian Empire's greatest enemy e.g. Darkseid or whomever?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think it's kind of the DBZ effect where he has a kind of "chi" aura goes a kind of Super Saiyan when he really cuts loose.
"All-Star Superman" probably also counts, when Superman could cover an entire ship with his bio-electric aura.
5/28 All of the above probably. But that aura thing's gotta be from All-Star. Probably the most creative of all the new powers he got after he was overcharged.

5/31: Preview for Issue #1.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
TV Insider has info on Episode 17 (episode 7 of season 2) airing June 30. It is titled "Olsen's Eleven"
So I guess they're stealing the ship to find Clark. Do they recruit Hank :)?

I'm guessing they also recruit the scientists from tonight's episode or Brain/Mallah and as for mercs...Bloodsport :confused:?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

1 decade, 1 month and 1 fortnight ago, Shrek got a series of shorts titled New Shrek on DreamWorksTV.

Like the rest of Shrek, it has its fair share of memes, like a One Direction parody called Wrong Direction, an episode where he literally just burps Happy Birthday, a Freestyle Rap, and (from the very first second no less) of course:
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.

Featured Posts