Rick And Morty Anime In Development

Conttactt

Demarco is dodging questions about it being on Toonami. The Facebook page also only posted for Ninja Gaiden, so maybe the R&M anime is going to be a Sunday project.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
DeMarco is dodging questions about it being on Toonami. The Facebook page also only posted for Ninja Gaiden, so maybe the R&M anime is going to be a Sunday project.
It's likely the case as in that it will be on Adult Swim like its parent show than on Toonami.

Last edited:

Conttactt

Kind of surprised they are releasing anything else right now considering they would likely default to stealth clip premiers for April Fools. Unless they are planning to drop full episodes of shows this year like in 2020.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah it was specifically said the first season of this (well I don't know if there will be more then one season) would drop sometime in 2024 because regular R&M season 8 due to the writers strike is only going to be done in 2025. I don't know when it's dropping maybe later in the year like regular R&M. Obviously though sans maybe like the first episode they won't do a stealth drop though as this is going to be one of the big AS releases of the year without regular Rick and Morty especially since like what other major AS thing is coming out anyway? Royal Crackers season 2 is releasing but yeah what else sans some other anime not R&M related do AS really have to tease and show for 2024?

Conttactt

Yeah it was specifically said the first season of this (well I don't know if there will be more then one season) would drop sometime in 2024 because regular R&M season 8 due to the writers strike is only going to be done in 2025. I don't know when it's dropping maybe later in the year like regular R&M. Obviously though sans maybe like the first episode they won't do a stealth drop though as this is going to be one of the big AS releases of the year without regular Rick and Morty especially since like what other major AS thing is coming out anyway? Royal Crackers season 2 is releasing but yeah what else sans some other anime not R&M related do AS really have to tease and show for 2024?
They stealth premiered S3 way back in the day and that’s when R&M was still at its peak, so no reason they couldn’t do that for a side projects that there isn’t much enthusiasm for. If nothing else, a 1 episode sneak peek might drum up some excitement for the fall when it drops.

Off the top of my head, AS has S2 of Superman, Smiling Friends S2, and S3 of Yolo coming in 2024. On the Toonami front, the also have Uzumaki, though they claim that’s coming every year and it never does.

Not a ton to work with, but if they sprinkle in a pilot or two it should be just enough to make an event out of.

Conttactt

They must have gotten rattled on how the Ninja Kamui sub performed because for most of the development of this, they have said no dub. And really, it being dubbed sucks even more point out of the project.

So I guess the question is, does the normal cast do it? Or do they fish from the pool of anime VAs?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts