Shows where the first season is the black sheep of the series

Eurbane

Dragon tales: change animation in the next season

thomas and friends: filmed at a station.

tiny toons: Mary melody first outfit

clifford the big red dog: miss lee’s first look.

Sesame Street: a straight street back then before it was curved.

rugrats: different animation.

Eurbane

Pee wee’s playhouse: the king of cartoons comes with dixie the cab driver. Different looks for the characters and set. A running gag Featuring a big head scary salesman and pee wee doesn’t need a helmet when he rides his scooter.

barney: the school has a slide and a swing set before being replaced with the play set and the inside has a light painting.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Season 1: a saccharine version of a Cartoon Network show. Plus, Twilight being the main character.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Pee wee’s playhouse: the king of cartoons comes with dixie the cab driver. Different looks for the characters and set. A running gag Featuring a big head scary salesman and pee wee doesn’t need a helmet when he rides his scooter.
A lot of changes happened when the show moved production from NYC to LA in between the first two seasons (hence the second season starting with the playhouse getting "remodeled").

Eurbane

Blue’s clues: the song play blue’s clues is very different To the one use in all the seasons except for the last one which is shorter and Steve he looks old.

cartoo5007

Adventure Time: Different looking animation, no continuity, the only season where Jeremy Shada's voice was pre mutation, noodle arms, weird faces and bulging eyes, logo in the end of the most of the episodes, the only season to air during the Nood era, more 8-bit background music.

Spiderman (60's series): Animated by Grantray-Lawrence Animation, no watercolor backgrounds, had a limited selection of background music

Regular Show: The only season Eileen, stretcheir looking animation and very bold lines, more innuendo, very short length. Muscle Man and Fives are secondary characters and have inconsistent voice acting.

The Boondocks: Heuy and Riley's voices are higher sounding, the animation is less detailed, the background music is on an electric keyboard instead of a piano like the other seasons.

JoeMabbon

Dreadful Child
The first seasons of Beast Wars and ReBoot were episodic with the occasional two-parter. The second and third featured story arcs and overall had a (slightly) darker tone.

The first season of Jackie Chan Adventures actually played Valmont and the Dark Hand as a serious threat. Tohru was also a serious villain before defecting at the end of the season.

The first season of One Punch Man had a different (better) animation studio.

The first two story arcs of Hunter X Hunter don't feature nen powers which are a staple from Heaven's Arena on.

The first season of Young Justice took place during the formation of the original team and features the original cast as teens. Every subsequent season takes place after a time skip when they're more or less adults.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Season 1: a saccharine version of a Cartoon Network show. Plus, Twilight being the main character.
Give some more detail here. Twilight was always the main character.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
Give some more detail here. Twilight was always the main character.
Okay. To be more specific, FiM's first season were rough around the edges in terms of the characters and the stories. The tone felt very very light compared to what we got later on. The reason why I mentioned Twilight being the main character due to the her sending the morals to Celestia. As opposed to the later seasons, all of the main characters can able to send letters to Celestia, and then write their own morals they learned in their journal.

Now in general, it's very common when show's first season tend to be very rough compared to what we got later on, but in my opinion, it doesn't make them bad.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
Chaotic: The first time I noticed a tv show could actually change its art style & animation this much and the characters never acknowledged the drastic makeover.
0ef2e6a244c208b35742a1438be82c13c37a13a0.gifv
b93f705aeb130ffb131d832107fff6510415fcc1.gifv

Also, this was probably when I thought this was the difference between 2D & 3D.

cartoo5007

Season 1 of Dexter’s Lab is the only one where every episode had either a Monkey or Justice Friends segment.

Yup, and season 2 only had one Monkey and only two Justice, while Savino had nothing at all. Season 1 also had a laugh track during Justice.

cartoo5007

Season 1 of Dexter’s Lab is the only one where every episode had either a Monkey or Justice Friends segment.

Off topic, but only the odd numbered seasons of Dexter's Lab had all the episodes in the season to have been produced and copywritten in one year. Season 1 was all produced in 1996, and season 3 was all produced in 2001.

HomokHarcos

Adventure Time: Different looking animation, no continuity, the only season where Jeremy Shada's voice was pre mutation, noodle arms, weird faces and bulging eyes, logo in the end of the most of the episodes, the only season to air during the Nood era, more 8-bit background music.

Spiderman (60's series): Animated by Grantray-Lawrence Animation, no watercolor backgrounds, had a limited selection of background music

Regular Show: The only season Eileen, stretcheir looking animation and very bold lines, more innuendo, very short length. Muscle Man and Fives are secondary characters and have inconsistent voice acting.

The Boondocks: Heuy and Riley's voices are higher sounding, the animation is less detailed, the background music is on an electric keyboard instead of a piano like the other seasons.
I’ve tried to watch through the entire 1967 Spider-Man cartoon before. I love the first season but stopped in the second season. I might give it another try.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Season 1 of Angelo Rules was about as dull as you would expect from a cartoon like that. Starting season 2, they actually tried to make Angelo's tricks and manipulations interesting. Season 3 was even more interesting and season 4 was fantastic. It even had a parody on the American presidency election from 2016 (with the main character portraying Donald Trump and the bully portraying Hillary Clinton).

Johnny Bravo was probably the "coolest" in season 1 and the least cool in season 2 and 3, when he became a moron. His season 4 self was a mixture of both. (I personally liked that season the least due to all those worthless cameos)

Courage talked a LOT in season 1 of Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Eurbane

Ellieen wasn’t introduced in the first season.

Eurbane

bear in the big blue house: the house was bigger than other seasons.

yo gabba gabba: different mascot looks, the characters get their own segments, a voice over hosts the super music friend show and the closing scenes are different.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today I found out there is a new PBS Retro FAST channel available on The Roku Channel. I also learned that I can access it when I thought I wouldn't be able to. PBS Retro has a lot of great shows I never thought I'd see again. Awesome!
It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
nick.com has banner (since past few weeks) has KCA 2024 on July 13 at 8pm. But no further news, nor any promos for it yet.

I thought Nick would get new promos for other shows or new episodes, but still NOTHING.
Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.

Featured Posts