Teletoon Brings Cartoon Network and Adult Swim to Canada in 2012

Jayngfet

RAWR!
I expanded a bit over on my blog.

I'm not a fan of this idea. It's basically an admission that the Canadian Teletoon branding is worthless, and should be replaced by big US branding. It's a failure of Corus Entertainment, and Astral Media (whom have separately launched Nickelodeon Canada, Disney XD Canada, and Playhouse Disney Canada) to not extend their own branding, and assimilate this programming properly.

Edit: This should also be mirrored in the [Adult Swim] forum as well.

...but it IS worthless. Look, I love the industry, hell I'm busting my ass seven days a week for the opprotunity to do something for it some day, but we need to just come out and admit that we're making an inferior product here. YTV basically relies on Nick to do everything except what they HAVE to do, and almost anything Teletoon's made worth watching recently has been brought over in some form. There is very little on teletoon you can't get elsewhere. I mean it's there but there's not much of it.

I'd rather have episodes of the shows I like the same time every other country does than maintain an identity that's becoming increasingly associated with low budget productions and self serving jingoisim.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

MAW Superman and Unicorn WE seem to have done well, and Invincible Fight Girl and Iyanu: Child of Wonder sound interesting. It's good to see CN embracing action again, but I hope they haven't forgotten comedy.
I've watched a few more episodes of Yuru Camp since I first posted about it. It's definitely great and it might end up becoming one of my favorite anime series ever.
Today I found out there is a new PBS Retro FAST channel available on The Roku Channel. I also learned that I can access it when I thought I wouldn't be able to. PBS Retro has a lot of great shows I never thought I'd see again. Awesome!
It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?

Featured Posts