The deal with Uranus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamune2052

「waiting」
I know this topic may be a little dicey and the Mods may close it but I wanna see what everyone else says. I thought about posting this after seeing scenes on Super S. Who thinks Uranus is a lesbian? Also give explanations for your answers.

I personally think she is even though the creators may deny it. In the series I dont think I ever saw her wear anything but pants except when she was in her Sailor uniform. In the movie it caught my eye whenever Pluto/neptune/Uranus showed up and defeated the Bon-Bons (i think that is what they are called) and after Uranus attacked them with her sword neptune jumped next to Uranus while saying they say:
Uranus: Stay children forever, huh?
Neptune: I think it's a silly idea, life is full of wonderful experiences from the beginning to the end.
*Uranus's eyebrow twitches and she blushes*
Uranus: *clears her throat*

Well, what does everyone else think?

Its totally obvious shes a lesbo. Look at her hair, and as you stated she is always wearing pants in the T.V. shows if shes isnt in her little sailor scout uniform.

*coughcough*

T

TrigaFamist

Its a fact that shes a lesbien. They cut it in the american version, stating they were cosins.

Evil Dr. Reef

The King of Braves
>Resists the urge to post about a billion 'Uranus' jokes<

Anyway, I think Uranus actually is a Lesbian in the Japanese version of the show. I'm not an expert on anything Sailor Moon, but I do remember hearing about two of the Scouts being lesbians, and I'm pretty sure they were Uranus and Neptune. And if I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

EDIT: While I was typing this, two people responded to it, and confirmed my suspicions. Guess I wasn't quick enough.

Masamune2052

「waiting」
Hmm, well Sailor Moon was created under the anime genre of Magical Pretty Girl type of anime so my guess is that after Sailor Moon had withstood the test of time the creators saw it fit to send a message that it's ok to be a lesbian. The way they sent this was through Sailor Uranus. Makes sense when you think about it.

SSj2Gogeta

Must,stop,looking,at,Misa to...
The first time I saw the S series on toonami I knew they were lesbos cause Ive seen it in Japanese. But the censors left out thing. I dont know if you all remember this but at about the end of the series they were sitting in their apartment looking at each other and doing this weird hand holding sensual thing that made my friend pee his pants......

Just a thought............

SSj2Gogeta

Must,stop,looking,at,Misa to...
Can't wait to see the Three Lights..

I wonder how Toonami's gonna handle that

Three girls pretending to be guys.. Can u say Stars not ever being on Toonami! Might be on Adult Swim if they can get away with it.

Sandoz

Thin Man Fan
While it was never stated outright, Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are lovers. That's how Naoko Takeushi, the creator of Sailor Moon, intended them to be. As we all know, Cloverway chose to explain their closeness by making them cousins, yet didn't cut out the dreamy scenes of them looking into each other's eyes and that "weird hand holding sensual thing", thus adding a lot of incestual overtones that I don't think the dubbers intended. It gets a bit odd in the manga, as Uranus can change her gender from female to male, and lives with Neptune as a "married" couple. :p

Masamune2052

「waiting」
Originally posted by Sandoz
While it was never stated outright, Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are lovers. That's how Naoko Takeushi, the creator of Sailor Moon, intended them to be. As we all know, Cloverway chose to explain their closeness by making them cousins, yet didn't cut out the dreamy scenes of them looking into each other's eyes and that "weird hand holding sensual thing", thus adding a lot of incestual overtones that I don't think the dubbers intended. It gets a bit odd in the manga, as Uranus can change her gender from female to male, and lives with Neptune as a "married" couple. :p

True about how the dubbers didnt intend it. They actually made it worse than it originally was. Will they ever learn.... :rolleyes:

Dogasu

Rubber ducks kill babies?
*sigh* Yes, Haruka/Sailor Uranus IS a lesbian. Michiru/Sailor Neptune is her girlfriend. The creator, Takeuchi Naoko, has never denied that Uranus and Neptune were lovers.

Uranus: Stay children forever, huh?
Neptune: I think it's a silly idea, life is full of wonderful experiences from the beginning to the end.
*Uranus's eyebrow twitches and she blushes*
Uranus: *clears her throat*

Neptune's original reply was that it would be a shame to remain children forever, because there is some fun that only adults can have wink wink nudge nudge. That's why Uranus was blushing.

Uranus and Neptune weren't the only homosexual characters changed in the dub. Zoicite and Kunzite (Malachite) were gay lovers in the original, but DiC "fixed" this in the dub by changing Zoicite into a woman! It actually worked because Zoicite was effeminate enough in the original version--long hair, long eyelashes--that DiC didn't' have to redraw anything. Cloverway also changed Fisheye, originally a gay male, into a female for the dub.

The point is, homosexuality isn't this evil plague that Americans see it to be. Japanese recognizes that it exists, so they don't try to hide it from their children. Japanese people tend to not be homophobic, while in America it's perfectly acceptable to call a lesbian "lesbo."

(and before anyone asks, no, I'm not gay. Sheesh, is it THAT strange for a heterosexual guy to accept homosexuality? )

William C. Maune

TZ News Editor in Chief
The question has been more than sufficiently answered and I do not see this thread doing anything else worthwhile, especially considering we have the term "lesbo" being tossed around. Thus this thread is closed.

(There is nothing inherently wrong with the threads general topic, but plese folks be careful with what terms you use. Thanks.)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts