The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like commentary on epilogue and anything from the cadmus arc. they will probally talk about ties that bind tho.

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
I mean, seriously, what is wrong with you people? This Little Piggy RULES!

Agreed. AWESOME EPISODE! Wonderful use of Circe...Diana's not really in it, but when she is, it's gold...great Zanna stuff. Glad it's getting a commentary.

But, I do see why everyone's hoping for more commentaries. I mean really...we all thought JLU S1 was going to be 13 episodes...and out of those thirteen the only other one that need a commentary is "For the Man Who Has Everything". Although, that info could be covered in a round-table...

But JLU S2? So much good stuff there to talk about. Doomsday Sanction and Epilogue are the biggies...but all the Cadmus episodes have a lot of things in there that I personally want to hear explained a bit. Why go from President Luthor to Luthoriac? Why the return of the Ultimen over more emphasis on the Capt Atom betrayal? There's a whole round-table discussion right there!

G2G!

DB

John Cage

Mystery Man, 666+ Posts Strong
Personally I was a little surprised "This Little Piggy" got picked for a commentary -- "The Return" was a lock since it was a fantastic episode with really stellar animation and a handful of great moments -- but besides "Wake the Dead", it's tough to think of an episode the team could've talked about, and really, when it comes down to it, "TLP" is a more fun than "WTD", so it's easy to see why they chose that.

But as a fan I would've preferred commentary on every episode, however wishful that kind of thinking might be. I'm still going to buy a half dozen copies to give out as Christmas gifts though.

Have a good day.
John Cage

warmachine04

No Evil Shall Escape My Sight
Im disappointed on this release. This means that the final 13 episodes will be released in a 2-disc set. They should just release a 6-Disc Complete series release. Please add some more extras. Only two audio commentaries. Come On.:evil:

The Man in Black

I have 5 of broats
Will Static Shock be getting a release?

I haven't heard anything on this myself and I personally loved the show, so I was wondering if you gents had any insider knowledge.

Wolf Boy2

DisneyBoy said:
But JLU S2? So much good stuff there to talk about. Doomsday Sanction and Epilogue are the biggies...but all the Cadmus episodes have a lot of things in there that I personally want to hear explained a bit. Why go from President Luthor to Luthoriac? Why the return of the Ultimen over more emphasis on the Capt Atom betrayal? There's a whole round-table discussion right there!
Luthoriac? You mean Brainithor.:D And Capt Atom didnt betry Superman. Superman betrayed him, really. Superman was the rogue acting outside every law on the books.

But I digress.

The only episode I want a commentary on is "Epilogue." You can have the rest.

Please God let there be an Easter Egg!!!

John Cage

Mystery Man, 666+ Posts Strong
Duelist Goku said:
I haven't heard anything on this myself and I personally loved the show, so I was wondering if you gents had any insider knowledge.

I've asked Dwayne McDuffie about this a few times, but there haven't been any updates on it. They did record some material for a second Volume release in late 2004 with Phil Lamarr, but that was the last he heard of it. I just hope when Warner Home Video does put it out they go with the DC Classics Collection and not the Teen Titans/The Batman Kids style set.

Have a good day.
John Cage

DisneyBoy

Searchin' My Soul
I wrote my last post in a hurry...."The Return" is good, but "Wake the Dead" really deserves the commentary. The former features a lot of tension and whole lot of characters, but really little actually happening. The latter features a few key characters and plays on relationships in a way that really impacts the series as a whole.

I think "Return" will make for a good commentary, but "Wake" is really what I figured they'd talk about, and still hope they do.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It will be interesting to see if any of the staff can name all the GL's in "the Return." That would be a true test of their geekiness.

But it looks like we'll have to tough it out for a couple months until more on the special features are revealed.

DR.MID-NITE

The Original
Maybe, on the last season release they will put the Static Shock/JL/Bats/Supes crossovers. But, I doubt it. They will probably want to save them as a way of getting people who watch JL/Supes/Bats but not Static to buy them. I am just glad I recorded them onto dvd.

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
Silly McGooses said:
So I guess there's still no word on what the hell is going on?

Going on with what? JLU? Special features were recorded for season 1 only. Word on any other special features we're still waiting on.

-BB

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
We still got three months of waiting. WBA will remain mum for awhile.

Spider-Man

It's still four months until the DVDs are released right? I think it is possibvle that they could throw on an extra commentary or whip up a quick featurette about the Cadmus Arc and the "Epilogue" episode. I'm sure something like that will happen but I don't mind if it doesn't. They can just address that stuff in the next JLU DVD.

r0derix

The extras seem preety skimpy this time around, even like the amount of people doing the commentaries (3 each; see the link above).

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Both Superman: The Animated Series – Volume Three (discuss here!) and Justice League: Season Two (discuss here!) come highly recommended. The extras are well done and the commentaries are informative. If anything, these two sets give a welcome send off to both series. While there are always room for improvement in any DVD set, I still found these two collections to be solid product from Warner Home Video. Are they perfect? Not at all, but are still more than worth picking up for those who enjoy the series.

Next on the docket? Justice League Unlimited: Season One and Batman Beyond: Season Two in October, as well as The Batman: The Complete Second Season and Teen Titans: The Complete Second Season in September. Could there be more than meets the eye to these releases? Expect more information on these upcoming DVDs to be revealed shortly, and reviews as the release date for the respective titles near.

On an unrelated "off-topic" note, both Animaniacs: Volume One (discuss here!) and Pinky & The Brain: Volume One (discuss here!) hit shelves this week. After receiving and viewing both titles I can easily say they both come highly recommended, as well!

Trevor Balena

Jim Harvey said:
Could there be more than meets the eye to these releases?
Aaaargh! Why must you tease us so?

I'm choosing to interpret that to mean that there's still hope of additional extras being added to JLU Season 1... perhaps as Easter Eggs, given your phrasing? It would be a real shame if a silly misunderstanding about how many episodes would be on the set were to rob us of commentaries on essential episodes like "Epilogue".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts