"Tiny Toons Looniversity" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
difference is they wanted it this way because they had a very low budget, not for artistic reasons
Do you have an actual source for this or is it merely an assumption on your part? The budget for Tiny Toons Looniversity is noticeably not as big as that of Tiny Toon Adventures, but it's not being made on the cheap either.

The thing is, TTA often needed to outsource its animation to outside studios such as Kennedy Cartoons, Akom, Wang and Startoons due to time and workload constraints (the animators had to churn out 5 episodes a wekk for 13 weeks). TTL doesn't have that problem because it's made for streaming and its initial scheduled episode count isn't as high.

Again, you're allowed to prefer whichever series that you prefer, but don't make baseless claims in order to support your personal opinion.

Petran Markou

Do you have an actual source for this or is it merely an assumption on your part? The budget for Tiny Toons Looniversity is noticeably not as big as that of Tiny Toon Adventures, but it's not being made on the cheap either.

The thing is, TTA often needed to outsource its animation to outside studios such as Kennedy Cartoons, Akom, Wang and Startoons due to time and workload constraints (the animators had to churn out 5 episodes a wekk for 13 weeks). TTL doesn't have that problem because it's made for streaming and its initial scheduled episode count isn't as high.

Again, you're allowed to prefer whichever series that you prefer, but don't make baseless claims in order to support your personal opinion.

Is that a trick question? If you mean not on the cheap for 2022-23 standards, I stand corrected. If this is the best a decent budget can do....

Except the dozens of studios, add also the budget for the orchestral soundtrack, the double frames of animation, the producers and writers who were back then of the highest paid and that Spielberg did not bother about money since he made profits from his movies. Add also that Tom Ruegger was mentored in his early years by W.Hanna and J.Barbera, so he had a first hand experience with the classic cartoons.
Looniversity, no matter the budget can not compare to this.

Also it is not my personal opinion. Take a look at imdb ratings and reviews of this series and compare it to Animaniacs 2020.

There they certainly do not accept for granted that this is how the creators wanted it and everything is OK.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Animaniacs has always been a bigger draw than Tiny Toons, so that's a given. Also, I haven't seen much of Animaniacs 2020, since I don't have Hulu, but what I have seen of it, it just struck me as "eh".

I have no interest in debating which one is more popular. It my personal opinion that Tiny Toons Looniversity is just OK. Not great, but not terrible either.

Petran Markou

Animaniacs has always been a bigger draw than Tiny Toons, so that's a given. Also, I haven't seen much of Animaniacs 2020, since I don't have Hulu, but what I have seen of it, it just struck me as "eh".

I have no interest in debating which one is more popular. It my personal opinion that Tiny Toons Looniversity is just OK. Not great, but not terrible either.

Ruegger had coined the term Silver Age of TV cartoons for the above series, including P&B and Freakazoid .
Though I doubt adults who back then had grown with the Golden Age of cartoons showed any interest in the Silver Age. Eg my dad, same age as Ruegger, adores Looney Tunes till today, but back then despised Tiny Toons.

But kids of that era were much more accepting towards those series. I guess I sound towards Looniversity like my dad back then towards Tiny Toons.....

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Ruegger had coined the term Silver Age of TV cartoons for the above series, including P&B and Freakazoid .
Though I doubt adults who back then had grown with the Golden Age of cartoons showed any interest in the Silver Age. Eg my dad, same age as Ruegger, adores Looney Tunes till today, but back then despised Tiny Toons.

But kids of that era were much more accepting towards those series. I guess I sound towards Looniversity like my dad back then towards Tiny Toons.....
Maybe Tiny Toons Looniversity just isn't for you, and that's perfectly fine. If everyone felt the same way about everything, then there wouldn't be a need for forums like this one, because we'd all be of a hive mind. Like I said before, if you prefer the former, you're allowed to.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
The graduation episode that I want to end the show should have as its final scene a montage of clips from past episodes while in the background the main characters sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel, a popular song at actual graduation ceremonies.

Mejo

I am The Hunter! *blows horn*
The graduation episode that I want to end the show should have as its final scene a montage of clips from past episodes while in the background the main characters sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" from Carousel, a popular song at actual graduation ceremonies.
Since Goldstar already gave his reply to the graduation idea earlier in this thread, I’m just going to repeat what he said there for him just so he doesn’t have to repeat it himself:

Tiny Toon Adventures didn't end with the Tiny Toons graduating. Why not? Because no one wants to see that. Warner Brothers studio would want to keep the series open ended in case they wanted to make more episodes, and if the Tiny Toons characters grow up and leave school, they would serve no real purpose. They'd just be clones of Bugs, Daffy, Taz, etc. , and who needs clones when you have the genuine article? These characters are only marketable as kids, so don't expect that to ever change.”

Zorak Masaki

I kind of wish they would bring back the joke credits and the end gags at the end of the show, but I understand why they dont (most people watching shows on streaming skip the end credits and go right to the next episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

At this moment, it's very unlikely that Walpurgisnacht: Rising will ever be released. What do you think?
This fall I will get 24 new VHSs, with that the number of cassettes will increase to 41. I need to re-digitize the ones I already have since my old Youtube channel was terminated in 2022, along with the new ones. As I left Youtube, the digitized VHS archive will be given to other people.
Minor gripe with the otherwise fine Yurikuma Arashi dub: "But also, we loved from the beginning as well." Using "also" and "as well" in the same sentence is redundant.

Featured Posts