Toonami vs Jetix: Which was the better action block in the 90s and 2000s?

Dwain345

Banned
In March of 1997, Sean Akins and Jason DeMarco created one of the most influential blocks of all time: Toonami. Toonami was Cartoon Network’s hardcore action block back in the day and it brought many anime and hardcore action cartoons to the block like Sailor Moon, DBZ, Gundam Wing, Thundercats, and Swat Cats. Then in February of 2004, Toon Disney was trying to create their own action block to compete with Toonami. This Jetix was created and it also show anime and hardcore action cartoons like Digimon, Witch, Beyblade, and X-men (1992). Which do you think was the better action block back in the day?

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Definitely Toonami. Did Jetix ever have cool bumpers/intros like Toonami? I don't believe so.

I'd almost argue "Miguzi" was a better programming block than Jetix. But Jetix did have DIgimon, so....that counts for something.

doglover44

I enjoyed them both for different shows Toonami for DBZ, Hamtaro and Sailor Moon and Jetix for Digimon

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I remember Jetix mostly for reruns rather than new shows. Some were great (Gargoyles) some not aging as well (90s Iron Man cartoon). I remember new entries in franchises that already seemed to be wearing out their welcome like Digimon and Power Rangers. They didn't really have a DBZ, Naruto, or Justice League type megahit. They were cool to watch, but not Toonami.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts