Toonzone/Anime Superhero 2024 Battle of the Brackets- Earssentials Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Pepper

I’m going with Hunchback. It went over my head as a kid, but as an adult I love it. I still think Alice in Wonderland is totally charming and would have no complaints if it won.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll go with Hunchback of Notre Dame. Despite how the side characters affects it tone, it's a really engaging movie with likable characters, a memorable villain, impressive visuals and I even kind of liked the romance. It is a really good movie that doesn't get as much attention compared to a lot of other Disney movies from this time.

Alice in Wonderland is okay. The animation is nice and it does seem to capture the spirit of the book from what I can tell, but it was never particularly appealing to me.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Alice in Wonderland. More for the animation it accomplished in the 1950's. I'm not sure I ever fully watched "Hunchback", which is, now that I think about it....an oversight on my part.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
Today we had two adaptations from 19th-century literature against each other. Fun fact- Hunchback of Notre Dame is the newest movie in the Earssentials side of the bracket. Not necessarily by choice, but that's how things worked out for the bracket. And one reigns supreme over the other.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame moves onto the next round! The next match will begin shortly.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I was never really a fan of the latter, but even with that, Snow White is a memorable movie and is pretty fun love early Disney doing something simple and fun, Evil Queen is awesome , yeah picking that.

Shiloh Otter

celebrating Doremi!
I'm going with Snow White.

The latter movie has been rightfully criticized for being woefully inaccurate.

Pooky

Staff member
Pocahontas has more merit than I thought in 1995, but this is an easy choice; Snow White.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'll go with Snow White and the Sevens Dwarfs. It has incredible animation, it's memorable as the first Disney animated movie and I remember crying when the dwarfs were crying at Snow White's apparent death, despite knowing the ending beforehand.

Pocahontas does have some good songs and visuals, but it definitely hasn't aged well and even at the time, it wasn't particularly good as representation for Native Americans. The story of Pocahontas doesn't really lend itself well for a Disney version to begin with, so their attempts at doing so with this movie and its sequel aren't particularly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts