What if Cartoon Network picked up Star vs. The Forces of Evil and Wonder over Yonder?

tony6

Cartoon Network had shows Regular Show and Adventure Time. They're also rejected shows like Star vs. The Forces of Evil and Wander over Yonder. They got picked up by Disney. What if Cartoon Network picked up Star vs. The Forces of Evil and Wander over Yonder and not Disney?

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Cartoon Network had shows Regular Show and Adventure Time. They're also rejected shows like Star vs. The Forces of Evil and Wander over Yonder. They got picked up by Disney. What if Cartoon Network picked up Star vs. The Forces of Evil and Wander over Yonder and not Disney?
If Star vs. The Forces of Evil wasn't already in development by the time Christina Miller became the President of Cartoon Network, I think the show would've been picked up. When she was in-charge, she was trying to push the channel to appeal to more girls, hence The Powerpuff Girls reboot (which was also brought back for merchandising purposes, she was in charge of Cartoon Network Enterprises after all). A lot of her tenure was affected by the AT&T merger, so there would've only been a small window of opportunity for the show to be greenlit.

The problem would've been the scheduling back then, and it would've had the same issues of Steven Universe where people had to use the app to watch the show, but that didn't stop that show from having a loyal fanbase and apart from some bad moves, CN still acknowledged the popularity of the show. Star probably would've had a couple more seasons, although by Disney standards, it had a long run.

As for Wander Over Yonder, Craig McCracken (as well as Genndy Tartakovsky) left CN when CN Real came about (sorry to bring this up, but it's an unavoidable factor) which is probably why he didn't want to work with CN, more so the fact that CN wasn't interested. Although PPG 2016 came out after Wander Over Yonder, I think it might be a long time before we see him at CN/WB again, although Lauren Faust worked on DC Super Hero Girls at WB Animation. He was also somewhat dissatisfied at Disney (again due to Wander's treatment). At least Genndy is back (whilst doing other stuff elsewhere).

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Honestly..... I still wouldn't like Star all that much, not unless there's some major writing and character changes. Chances are, though: it would've lasted longer and been written likely a lot better, hopefully. Not holding my breath on that, but whatever.

Wander Over Yonder would've lasted muh longer, however. Meaning instead of just being OK with it, I'd probably grow to love it as much as I do Kid Cosmic, right now.

PM13

Well, the current president is looking to appeal to more girls. So if they greenlit Star vs now then it could have a chance.

Now for Wander, they could treat it better since most of the show is episodic and they treat episodics better than other genres.

Markus Nelis

If CN picked up Star vs, it probably was about to get couple more seasons and I think S3 and S4 would've been a good quality. Can't say much about Wonder Over Yonder since I haven't seen much of it.

ShadowBeast

If CN picked up Star vs, it probably was about to get couple more seasons and I think S3 and S4 would've been a good quality.
That is a good chance since one of Star Vs's many problems was issue of too many plots, and not enough episodes to expand on them. Though there is still the constant character-derailment that the show still had.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm guessing since Charlie Adler is more of a voice director now, he's rarely done voice acting in shows where he's not the voice director. Like, shows like The Rocketeer and Spiderman 2017 are among the few recent projects where he's done voice acting without also being the voice director.
I am so happy about the Toonami Rewind block. I am so glad it finally happened.
Well, this is how the animated "Married with Children" looks like.
It's interesting how Disney Junior is rebranding, first with the logo, and now educational curriculum being developed under Disney Junior Education And Inclusion rather than the Disney Junior Educational Resource Group.

Featured Posts