What is your favorite generation era for Nickelodeon?

Moe

Which generation era are your favorite? Of course, you can have multiple definition for shows, movies, blocks and logos.

Early to mid 1980s Pinball, mid to late 1980s Splat, 1990s Splat, 2000s and 2010s (after 2009 rebranding).

As for me, I grew up with 1990s Splat and it was major renaissance after series of struggles in 1980s. More new cartoon shows produced by Nicktoons and more new live action shows produced at their own studio, especially one at Universal Studios in Florida. They got several acquired shows like Looney Tunes, Lassie, Flipper, Dennis the Menace, Gumby, Beetlejuice, Muppet Babies and others. Nick Jr got cool faces and Nick At Nite aired 1950s to 1970s shows. Many kid game shows. I remember about Nick in the Afternoon to use spin to pick a show. My sister and I called for Rugrats but nah, they picked Doug instead. Movies air on special occasions like weekend and marathon is reserved for special day. I remembered about SNICK on Saturday and it was very special gift. That was one of most memorable cable channel that I seen.

After 1990s renaissance ended, I continue to watch Nickelodeon into early 2000s and become less after many of Nicktoon shows moved to Nicktoons channel, also many game shows moved to GaS in late 1990s. Animated shows got higher rating that led Nickelodeon to cut on numbers of new game shows and later, stopped all production. Looney Tunes got removed from Nickelodeon because Turner/WB want to be exclusive on Cartoon Network. My sister still watch Nickelodeon in 2000s since I mostly watch Nicktoons and GaS on some days.

Nickelodeon did great job to make their shows closed captioned but due to my language deprivation when I was kid, I wasn't able to read or understand. I look at action of shows and mostly ignored the closed caption.

I like numbers of post-2000s shows - '12 TMNT, Avatar, Korra, My Life as a Teenage Robot, All Grown Up! and The Loud House.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts