"Batgirl" Feature Film News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Otaku-sempai

I might be completely off-base, but I don't think the ethnicities line up for her to be able to play Jeffrey Wright's daughter.
Does Wright have to be either Dominican or Latino? What about Barbara's mother? And just because Leslie Grace has Dominican parents doesn't mean that Babs has that ethnicity. It's enough to say that the Gordons are a blended family.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I might be completely off-base, but I don't think the ethnicities line up for her to be able to play Jeffrey Wright's daughter.
From what I've read, Grace is Dominican and Wright is African-American. They could just say her mother is Dominican as Otaku says. If they're even going the route that she is Jim's biological daughter. This version could be Jim's niece and he adopted her, then no issue at all really.

Otaku-sempai

From what I've read, Grace is Dominican and Wright is African-American. They could just say her mother is Dominican as Otaku says. If they're even going the route that she is Jim's biological daughter. This version could be Jim's niece and he adopted her, then no issue at all really.
Yeah, I didn't want to go with the adopted niece route since (if I remember right) that ultimately led to Jim still being Barbara's father due to him having conceived her with his (future?) sister-in-law.

Frontier

Staff member
Does Wright have to be either Dominican or Latino? What about Barbara's mother? And just because Leslie Grace has Dominican parents doesn't mean that Babs has that ethnicity. It's enough to say that the Gordons are a blended family.
I guess the question is if she can pass for a half-black child, which I feel like opens a completely different can of worms that they will probably avoid by just recasting Gordon thanks to The Flash movie.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Yeah, I didn't want to go with the adopted niece route since (if I remember right) that ultimately led to Jim still being Barbara's father due to him having conceived her with his (future?) sister-in-law.
Well, naturally, they can omit that part...

Otaku-sempai

I guess the question is if she can pass for a half-black child, which I feel like opens a completely different can of worms that they will probably avoid by just recasting Gordon thanks to The Flash movie.
In that case (mixed race child), there is no issue.

Otaku-sempai

Yeah, but the actress isn't mixed race (as far as I'm aware), although I'm not sure how that would pass if they were to portray her as such...
With Ms. Grace's Dominican/Latin background she can pass for mixed race.
1627135881445.png

the greenman

With Ms. Grace's Dominican/Latin background she can pass for mixed race.
View attachment 290051
I've known Dominican's from NYC. They can pass for both African American and Latino. I think Wright has played both. Remember him in Shaft (2000)? As mentioned, the key to this is Babs mother at this point.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

the greenman

Or could be his niece. Right now, I'm thinking this was a decision they had to make cause Wright is going to be tied up with the Gotham PD series on HBOmax. Though we don't know when either will intersect with filming.

Frontier

Staff member
Or could be his niece. Right now, I'm thinking this was a decision they had to make cause Wright is going to be tied up with the Gotham PD series on HBOmax. Though we don't know when either will intersect with filming.

Don't you mean niece he possibly fathered out of an affair :p?

I don't think Wright was ever in the cards because this has nothing to do with Reeves' Batman.

the greenman

Just as I thought since I knew very well that Batgirl was going to be set in the DCEU.
Idk, I was almost suspecting this would set-off an HBOmax Bat-verse or something like that. I wasn't exactly beholden to what's been established. Though, the rumor is Zaslav is a fan of Snyder's DCEU (not necessarily just his stuff, but what he set up).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Idk, I was almost suspecting this would set-off an HBOmax Bat-verse or something like that. I wasn't exactly beholden to what's been established. Though, the rumor is Zaslav is a fan of Snyder's DCEU (not necessarily just his stuff, but what he set up).
Well, I wasn't. I was definitely hoping that the film was going to be set in the DCEU since day 1 all the way when Whedon was involved and the reports that Simmons is in talks to reprise his role for this gives me the impression that it will be set in said universe.

the greenman

Well, I wasn't. I was definitely hoping that the film was going to be set in the DCEU since day 1 all the way when Whedon was involved and the reports that Simmons is in talks to reprise his role for this gives me the impression that it will be set in said universe.
Well, it all but confirmed that as fact. Based on WW, Aquaman, Suicide Squad, Harley, Shazam & Black Adam, I think it's here to stay for the time being. We'll see about the future DC installments.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I'm rather unfamiliar with Batgirl's solo endeavor, but I figured as a sidekick they would have to have something to acknowledge Affleck or Irons within her own adventure. I'm going to bet to they round out the cast by adding the Sirens or the Birds.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today I found out there is a new PBS Retro FAST channel available on The Roku Channel. I also learned that I can access it when I thought I wouldn't be able to. PBS Retro has a lot of great shows I never thought I'd see again. Awesome!
It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
nick.com has banner (since past few weeks) has KCA 2024 on July 13 at 8pm. But no further news, nor any promos for it yet.

I thought Nick would get new promos for other shows or new episodes, but still NOTHING.
Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.

Featured Posts