SweetShop209
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• I figured if Karen Fukuhara would guest star in a Disney Television Animation show, it'd be in an action show like Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur. Guest starring in Alice's Wonderland Bakery is unexpected, but she does a great job playing the adorable cherry blossom Sakura.
    Here's something I'm wondering. Is there always the expectation for a streaming show to be serialized? I mean, outside of preschool shows and reboots of classic franchises like Looney Tunes and Tom And Jerry, there seems to be the expectation from many people for every streaming show to be serialized.
    • Agree
    Reactions: Silverstar
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    Some serialized shows have done well, and when something does well, producers pump that thing down viewers ' throats. What bothers me is the mindset that serialized shows are somehow more mature and the opposite isn't.
    As someone who's on the autism spectrum (but still learning more about autism), is it more common for people to head cannon characters in kids cartoons as autistic over adult cartoons? The only adult cartoon that I can think of where people head cannon someone as autistic is Bob's Burgers. Meanwhile, many kids shows I watch (like SpongeBob, Moon Girl, Eureka, and Princess Power) have me do this with many characters.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    Generally speaking, I prefer not to use "identity politics" when watching cartoons. Unless it's explicitly stated that a character is somewhere on the spectrum, I just see them as a cartoon character with a quirk, but that's just me.
    SweetShop209
    SweetShop209
    That is a good approach to have. Generally speaking, whenever I do write articles on deviantart (as SofiaBlythe2014) that talk about more serious things or things that I know won't be confirmed on-screen, I mainly just confine my feelings to that article and don't beat anyone over the head with it in future articles.
    SweetShop209
    SweetShop209
    Case in point, I wrote 2 articles talking about certain ships in 2 Disney Junior shows of all things, and that's the end of it. I don't constantly refer to it in future articles. Following back to the main topic, I'm currently writing articles about how Penny and Rita from Princess Power can be seen as autistic coded, but if I feel I can't confidently back up what I claim, I will scrap them.
    Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur is like Spider Man 2017 in how they're both Marvel cartoons about young heroes that are really into science. The difference is that Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur puts more effort into making the characters more well rounded, the humor is more solid, has well written messages, and of course, great animation.

Considering how Molly C. Quinn (Bloom) was Supergirl in Superman: Unbound and Hiromi Dames (Musa) was Lena Luthor in DC Superhero Girls 2015, it'd be pretty cool to have Alejandra Reynoso (Flora) as Batgirl.
    Collette Sunderman was the voice director of Duck Dodgers, and 1 episode (The Green Loontern) guest starred John DeLancie and Kevin Smith. Now she'd work with them again 20 years later in Masters Of The Universe: Revelation/Revolution (though Kevin was also in the CGI He Man show, which she also directed). Though given Christopher Keenan's connections to Warner Brothers and Mattel, it's no surprise.
    Season 3 of Spidey And His Amazing Friends sees Allyson Bosch replace Maria Estrada as voice director. It's definitely a surprise since it's usually Maria that does the replacing (like when she replaced Susan Blu & Kristi Reed during the respective final seasons of Handy Manny & Vampirina).

I know James Lopez storyboarded some episodes of Princess Power, but I had no idea he storyboarded the recurring travel song. It's definitely interesting to see the rough animatics and the final version side by side.
    Goldstar!
    Goldstar!
    Honestly, I thought that Muppets Mayhem was meant to be a miniseries.
    Silverstar
    Silverstar
    Same. I'm not upset by this news since I was never expecting a second season. I figured that show was a one-and-done. What would they even do in another season?
    Fone Bone
    Fone Bone
    I'm pissed. I loved that show. Best Muppets project in decades.
    Maria Estrada is the queen of Disney Junior voice directors. She's directed many shows produced by different production companies for almost 20 years. Some examples include Wildbrain (Higglytown Heroes), Nelvana (Handy Manny season 3, Lucky Duck), Brown Bag Films (Doc McStuffins, Vampirina season 3), Titmouse (Goldie And Bear season 2), and Disney Television Animation (Alice's Wonderland Bakery).
    You ever watch a show/movie with a strong dynamic between 2 female characters, and you ship them even if the narrative presents their relationship as a strong friendship that you still like? I've done this, like with Cleopatra In Space (Cleo and Akila), Alice and Rosa (Alice's Wonderland Bakery), Lunella and Casey (Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur), and Kira and Rita (Princess Power).
    What do Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby Doo Meets Courage The Cowardly Dog and Curious George: Cape Ahoy have in common? In terms of story, character, target audience, and message, they have nothing in common. In terms of behind the scenes information, both were released in September 2021, have Wes Gleason as voice director, have Frank Welker and Jeff Bennett in major roles, and Shane Glines as a character designer.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Featured Posts

Latest profile posts

Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Not sure how I've only just heard of Too Close for Comfort; so it's a sitcom where Ted Knight plays a cartoonist? Based on a British sitcom I've somehow also never heard of?? With a Garfield themed episode guest staring Jim Davis?!?

Featured Posts