wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"“Dexter’s Laboratory: The Complete Series” Coming to DVD June 25th"​

Dexters-Laboratory-The-Complete-Series.jpg

"Though Dexter’s Laboratory is no longer available on Max, fans will soon have another way to watch the series. It was announced that all 78 episodes of the series, plus the one hour TV movie Dexter’s Laboratory: Ego Trip, will be released on a complete series DVD set. The set will be available for purchase online and in stores beginning June 25th.

Created by Genndy Tartakovsky, Dexter’s Laboratory centers on a boy genius named Dexter. He creates amazing inventions in his top secret and highly advanced laboratory that is attached to his room. But no matter what he does, he can’t stop his sister Dee Dee from messing up his work or otherwise creating problems, or his rival Mandark from constantly trying to top him. Dexter sets out to use his intelligence to solve his problems."

Read the full article here.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
That’s literally the most awesome thing I’ve heard in a while. I was sad that it was removed from Max.

cheril59

We all know that the complete series was already released to DVD, but in Australia. Even Ego Trip was featured in that set.

Darklordavaitor

Staff member
I'm assuming this is going to feature the previous first season release's discs, which won't include "Babequor", and I also don't see "Dexter's Rude Removal" being included, but it's been so long that I wouldn't expect anything else. Getting Ego Trip is enough of a win, especially after the Ed, Edd n' Eddy set skipped its movie and most of its specials.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
I like how Dexter engulfs the cover, more interesting than the plain covers from Ed, Edd, n Eddy and Foster’s.

Honestly though while I appreciate several cartoons recently getting their series on disc, they all seem very belated. Dexter’s Lab I think should’ve got it’s complete series released around the time as Powerpuff Girls in 2009, while TMNT 2003, Ed, Edd, n Eddy and Foster’s recently got their complete series on DVD but they should’ve come out a decade earlier at the latest when physical media was still more prevalent. Though better late than never, Warner Bros. has been far from perfect at getting shows on physical but I appreciate they are better at it than most other studios. (I’m looking at you Disney)

Marble

Worms and plastic minnows!
Honestly though while I appreciate several cartoons recently getting their series on disc, they all seem very belated.

Agreed, I remember way back when audibly sighing when I see these "volumes" and individual season sets getting released, only for them to give up on releasing the rest of them (with staggering consistency!)

Mentally conditioning your customers to not buy DVD's doesn't make sound business sense to me, but what do I know.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
Mentally conditioning your customers to not buy DVD's doesn't make sound business sense to me, but what do I know.
Then again, mentally conditioning your customers by giving them half ass releases with no special features and extra content on complete series DVD sets doesn’t sound business sense to me. Right, Warner Bros?!

Then again again, I’m not a DVD collector personally, so what do I know?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts