Aardman's "Things We Love" (Stop-Motion Shorts) News & Discussion

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
From the front page of Anime Superhero.com.

"Aardman Debuts New Series Of Shorts, “Things We Love”"​

aardman_crop-1.jpg

"Aardman Animations, the British studio best known for its stop-motion and clay animation projects, has launched a new series of shorts titled Things We Love. These 30-seconds short films are directed by two-time BAFTA winner Rich Webber (whose credits also include Shaun the Sheep, and Purple and Brown). Created for the BBC’s similarly titled “Things We Love” campaign, these six films feature actual, non-scripted dialogue from the network’s audience, as they discuss shows they love. Basically, a series of advertisements for some of the other programming the network has to offer.

One of the shorts, featuring a family of hamsters talking about Casualty, News and Sport, is featured below in the article. For this short, the voices were provided by a family from Port Talbot, which had the following to say about the production: “We are so chuffed seeing our family in this film! It’s captured our everyday laughter, banter and chit chat. I’m sure every family can relate to times like these! Enjoying every moment, all from a place of love.”"

Read the full article here.

Any comments on these new stop-motion shorts?

Mejo

Just a standard Fox going about in the Wild West
Really nice to see a revival of the Creature Comforts format (why they aren't just putting these ads under the Creature Comforts banner is beyond me)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts