wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Archie May Finally “Decide” In New Comic, But Don’t Get Your Hopes Up"​

uofa8k9n.jpg

"Archie Comics is now 85 years old, and for the past decade they’ve been blazing a different path than they did for the other 75, targeting a more adult audience with sophisticated dialogue and and realistically proportioned characters. This reporter has never been a fan of that stuff and prefers the classic, corny DeCarlo House Style he grew up with. This new stuff just looks like everything else on the comic book store rack.

But there’s an Archie comic coming this summer that returns to the all-ages format, at least for one issue. Not only that, the one-shot is written by award-winning comic book scribe Tom King. It’s called “Archie: The Decision” and we’ll get to why it’s called that in a moment.

“As a massive Archie fan, this is just a pure joy project for me,” King said to the website Polygon, who broke the story. “I wanted to do something zany and cool and screwball and hysterical and gorgeous and harebrained and maybe a little tiny itty-bitty bit profound as a tribute to my Golden and Silver Age Archie heroes — people like Dan DeCarlo, Harry Lucey, Bob Bolling, Bob Montana, and Samm Schwartz.” (This isn’t an empty fluff quote; those guys rocked.)"

Read the full article here.

Mejo

I am The Hunter! *blows horn*
I agree that Digest story was misleading (it was actually about Archie flipping a coin so he can find out if he can take Betty or Veronica to the DANCE, not to choose which one he’ll date). My thought’s on what this happen in this issue? Archie flips a coin and it ends up rolling away on its side, causing Archie and friends to chase after it (most likely never reaching it). Or an alternate universe story.

(As for my thought’s on who I’d chose…Betty)

Chris Wood

Desslar
Can't imagine what an Archie series could do in 2024 that would really grab my attention. Plot stunts like this don't carry much weight.

Maybe a series like the Batman 66 series which is written with the artwork and humor of 50s or 60s Archie comics, but takes place in the modern day with more modern situations.

hobbyfan

This may be Tom King's way of getting back at DC Editorial for nixing the wedding of Batman & Catwoman a few years back. However, "The Decision" does allow room to leave things open-ended, as usual.

I've been writing fan-fics on this board (2013-2021), and I largely had decided on Betty being with Archie, and Veronica with Reggie, because those made sense, as it was way past time for Archie to stop being so indecisive.

Also, "The Decision" reminds me of LeBron James getting time on ESPN to announce he was leaving Cleveland for Miami a number of years ago. Waste of time.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel

Featured Posts