"Batman: Caped Crusader (Amazon Prime)" Animated Series News & Discussion Part 2 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member
Its a shame that Brubaker won't continue as part of Season Two; his work as a crime writer in comics (both as work-for-hire and his own stuff) is amazing and ranks up there with Greg Rucka's prose.
It probably won't work out that way but it would be kind of interesting if it works out that the second season transitions starts to see a transition to more of the Robin/Supervillains/Superhero stuff compared to season 1 dealing with more grounded crime drama (I assume going off what we've heard so far).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It probably won't work out that way but it would be kind of interesting if it works out that the second season transitions starts to see a transition to more of the Robin/Supervillains/Superhero stuff compared to season 1 dealing with more grounded crime drama (I assume going off what we've heard so far).
If this show is supposedly everything Bruce Timm wanted to do... I'd have to look at the old interviews but didn't they want just Batman at first? I think there's a chance this show will be more stand alone (e.g. not use other superheroes) and be just a solitary Batman

Frontier

Staff member
If this show is supposedly everything Bruce Timm wanted to do... I'd have to look at the old interviews but didn't they want just Batman at first? I think there's a chance this show will be more stand alone (e.g. not use other superheroes) and be just a solitary Batman
Oh, I'm not expecting guest heroes at all, just that it's not unreasonable to expect them to start introducing the sidekicks in season 2 unless they don't fit tonally (but the fact that Barbara is in it tells me we will see Batgirl at some point and hopefully not as a love interest to Batman :p).

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Oh, I'm not expecting guest heroes at all, just that it's not unreasonable to expect them to start introducing the sidekicks in season 2 unless they don't fit tonally (but the fact that Barbara is in it tells me we will see Batgirl at some point and hopefully not as a love interest to Batman :p).
True. It will be interesting if the Gordons here have any parallels with the Gordons in Beware The Batman. I could see Barbara conducting her own "investigation" of the Batman myth in her spare time and finally finding/seeing Batman in the city but in the midst of a battle and complications follow.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I was thinking Question would fit in nicely with the detective noir style. Maybe even use Renee Montoya in the role, since she'll apparently be a recurring character here and it would feel less like a guest-star and more like a natural progression or something.

Frontier

Staff member
True. It will be interesting if the Gordons here have any parallels with the Gordons in Beware The Batman. I could see Barbara conducting her own "investigation" of the Batman myth in her spare time and finally finding/seeing Batman in the city but in the midst of a battle and complications follow.
I wonder if this is going to be compared to Beware as much as B:TAS...

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Nice to see some sort of official confirmation. It's kind of weird to think that apart from Batman, there are a number of characters Conroy could have voiced. Either way it will also be bittersweet knowing there won't be more, if any after this.

b.t.

I have no idea if the CRISIS part of IGN’s supposed scoop is true or not, but Kevin Conroy did not record a voice for CAPED CRUSADER. We were hoping to have him do a voice for the new show (and he was eager to do it) but sadly he passed away before we could make it happen.

As I have to do every so often, I will remind you all once again to take all un-sourced ‘news’ items in the sci-fi/comics/entertainment cybersphere with a huge grain of salt. Occasionally these ‘leaks‘ actually turn out to be true, but often as not they’re just cynical clickbait.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I have no idea if the CRISIS part of IGN’s supposed scoop is true or not, but Kevin Conroy did not record a voice for CAPED CRUSADER. We were hoping to have him do a voice for the new show (and he was eager to do it) but sadly he passed away before we could make it happen.

As I have to do every so often, I will remind you all once again to take all un-sourced ‘news’ items in the sci-fi/comics/entertainment cybersphere with a huge grain of salt. Occasionally these ‘leaks‘ actually turn out to be true, but often as not they’re just cynical clickbait.
Thanks for debunking that part of the report. It was suspicious in hindsight given the timing of the Suicide Squad game stuff.

CyberCubed

Aw that's a shame. I remember imdb said Kevin Conroy was voicing Thomas Wayne in the Caped Crusader which sounded believeable since it'd likely only be for a short flashback or something, but I guess not.

Hell the site still has Conroy credited for Caped Crusader:

I guess that needs to be removed.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

there are many parts of my childhood I wish I could erase from my memories. so much bullying. I was mentally, emotionally and physically traumatized. really, my current personality is me trying to reclaim that part of my life.
Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.

Featured Posts