Batman: The Brave and The Bold "Triumvirate of Terror!" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - Batman: The Brave and The Bold

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
An all-new Batman: The Brave And The Bold episode debuts tonight at 7:00pm (ET) on Cartoon Network!

Click here for further details on this episode!
Batman: The Brave and The Bold
"Triumvirate of Terror!"

Original Airdate - October 7th, 2011
Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman face off against their arch nemesis Lex Luthor, Joker and Cheetah who gain the upper hand by switching opponents.

Comments?

Mod Note: As a reminder to all users, please keep the discussion in this thread on-topic and as dignified and civilized as possible. No spamming, no post flooding, no unrelated discussions, no fighting or disrespectful behavior of any kind, etc., will be tolerated. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. The necessary infractions and warnings will be issued as moderators see fit - no exceptions. This thread will be closely monitored for unruly behavior so please abide by the rules and have fun conversing with others while enjoying and respecting their opinions. Thank you.

Lord Sidious

what happened!!!???

Why did CN change the time slot???

My dvr says 6 pm so now it's recording Generator rex!!!

BrianLeague

The episode got moved after Young Justice. It was announced a couple of days before.
Actually, it was just announced yesterday.... :sweat: It was a way too sudden change. Batman: The Brave and the Bold will air new episodes at 7:00 PM on Friday nights while Generator Rex airs new episodes at 6:00 PM on Friday nights.

Manga4life

DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
What an amazing episode of The Brave and The Bold tonight, everything about it was fantastic thanks to the action and the story, the comedy was top notch too. This may have been one of my favorite episodes of this show to date, seeing the "Big 3" of DC properly displayed on television was thrilling and it's nice to see Wonder Woman being pushed for a change, usually she doesn't get good screen time like this. I had to laugh at the part where Wonder Woman was ordering her meal and Superman cut in and ordered it for her, Batman's comment was knee slapping during that scene.

Awesome episode!

Master Toon

That was an awesome episode! The villains switching heroes and the heroes battling live throughout the universe! *hyperventilates* Even the little opening was awesome.

Radical

Banned
The DC Trinity ROCKS!!!!!!

Super awesome episode and my top favorite,

The highlights:
Nice to see Superman/Wonder Woman/Plastic Man/Aquaman/Booster Gold/Robin/Kid Flash/Jimmy.
Cool to see The Joker/Lex Luthor(in his Challenge of the Superfriends outfit)/The Weather Wizard/Felix Faust, but no Sportsmaster, rats.
They finally bring my Cheetah, YAAAAAY, I hope Young Justice brings her too:eek::anime:
Sweet, Amazo is there, YEESS, his original design was cool next to his Justice League/Unlimited design, which he bees the umpire, hehehe.
The Frankie Miller/Julius "Julie" Schwartz comment.
Batman with the kid's lucky baseball bat was nice.
The silly baseball teaser was so sweet.
Nice to see Vicki Vale.
Lex's battle suit looks awesome.
Superman beating the Kryptonite from Lex was great.
Nice to see Colonel Steve Trevor.
I always loved the sweet Wonder Woman vs. The Cheetah catfights like in the comics:anime::D.
Wonder Woman getting a major role along with more Superman made me happy!!!!!!!
Seeing the Big Three DC Superheroes together was cool.
Nice to see the Hall of Doom.
The Big Three DC Supervillains' ideas on switching superheroes was brilliant.
Queen Hippolyta is super hot with a nice design.
The Joker in drag was disturbing/funny, hahahahahaha.
The Cheetah going all out fully prepared easily crushing Superman with the cool Amulet of Urzkartaga/Kryptonite-infused claws was amazing which she is pretty strong/skilled.
Alfred being Batman was awesome, go Alfred!!!!!!
Lex easily beating Batman with his cool tech gear was marvelous.
Cool to see Lois Lane.
Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman vs. The Joker/Lex Luthor/The Cheetah was sweet.
The Cheetah's facial expressions while getting defeated was hilarious, hahahahaha:D:p.
Seeing Bruce, Clark, and Diane in the future with they're old was great.
Prez is interesting which he looks like Michael Morningstar/Darkstar, cool.
Future Batman's armor from Kingdom Come looks awesome!!!!!!
Next to Plastic Man/Aquaman, the Silver Age Joker in the series is so great/hilarious in all of his best scenes.

Last edited by a moderator:

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Great episode :anime:
Good to see that Cheetah appears on the show
My favorite parts are The Baseball game,the villains decided to switch heroes,and all the Joker scenes XD

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Did anyone else spot Sherman (the kid from the infamous B:TAS episode "I've Got Batman in My Basement") in the stands during the baseball game?

Anyways, cool ep this week. This may be my favorite episode so far, though I'm admittedly biased because I'm such a fan of the Trinity. Good to see all 3 heroes portrayed as equally formidable. My favorite part was probably the final scene with the older Big Three in the future; even old Bruce was still kicking butt with his killer technosuit. But again, I may be biased because I like high-tech and cybersuits.

Completely worth the wait.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
"Little Frankie Miller" huh? Does anyone know if the other kid Batman mentioned is a famous comic book writer/artist?

Anthonynotes

Great episode. Glad to see Superman and Wonder Woman return, in a team-up of, well, the "Big Three" DC heroes.

And yes, the villains were good, too. Predictable how they all were brought down (villains arguing!)... ;-)

The cold opening with the baseball game was great, too... as was the ending (heh, Prez).

On to...

Old-but-amusing Comic Book Trivia!

A long-ish one this week...

SUPER-MAJOR-LEAGUE BASEBALL
Seemed appropriate I saw this on the heels of the Brewers-Diamondbacks game finishing up.

This opening was based on an actual story. "DC Super Stars" #10 in 1976 featured a baseball game between the heroes and villains seen here. However, the comic's game was organized by that married crime couple, the Sportsmaster and the Huntress/Tigress (presumably either the Earth-2 versions migrated to Earth-1, or some seen-one-time-only Earth-1 versions, for multiverse fans). Like in the TV show, the game didn't end well for the villains.

More on the game (with pictures!) here:
http://www.comictreadmill.com/CTMBlogarchives/2005/2005_Individual/2005_05/000787.php

AMAZO
First appearing in 1960's "Brave and the Bold" #30, Amazo is an evil android created by Professor Ivo, whose famous shtick is being a "one-man Justice League" (capable of replicating the powers of the entire JLA, including GL's power ring and Wonder Woman's magic lasso... no idea how, but...). Amazo apparently got heavily used in the 2000s "Justice League Unlimited" series. Amazo was created by Gardner Fox (yep, him again) and Murphy Anderson (a DC artist, famously working with Curt Swan in the 70s on Superman).

JULIUS SCHWARTZ: The famed editor of much of the Silver Age and Bronze Age superhero line of DC books, Schwartz's editorship saw a good chunk of what's now taken for granted about DC's characters come into being. Schwartz also was a literary agent in his past, having represented writers including H.P. Lovecraft (yep, him). Schwartz's books edited during the Silver Age included the Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League of America, Batman (after 1964; he's the one who spearheaded the "New Look" Batman, ditching the "goofy sci-fi" elements like Bat-Mite, Batwoman, etc., and gave us Batman's yellow insignia, etc.), and Superman (after 1970; Schwartz's Superman gave us the more-or-less modern take on Lois Lane, had a somewhat-less-powerful Superman vs the 60s Mort Weisinger version, etc.).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Schwartz

FRANK MILLER: The famed Batman writer of the 80s, writer of 1986's "The Dark Knight Returns" and "Batman: Year One," the bases of the modern, darker version of Bats.

THE CHEETAH: First appearing in "Wonder Woman" (vol 1) #6 in 1943, and created by William Moulton Marston (Wondy's creator), the Cheetah's usually regarded as Wondy's most well-known archnemesis. While there've been various incarnations of the Cheetah, all usually share razor-sharp claws and athletic skill matching Wonder Woman's. Guessing the version shown here is probably the original/longest-lasting Cheetah, Priscilla Rich.

THE LEGION OF DOOM: The supervillain organization from the classic 70s/80s cartoon "Super Friends," and headed by Lex Luthor. While the Cheetah was a member, the Joker wasn't (instead the Scarecrow and Riddler stood in), thanks to a "Bat-Embargo" (to use the term) at the time (a competing Filmation-animated Batman series on concurrently had claimed use of the Joker first, and apparently this kept Hanna-Barbera from using the Harlequin of Hate). Yep, they had "Bat-Embargos" then, too, DCAU fans. ;-)

Appearing here is the Legion of Doom's headquarters, the "Hall of Doom."

(I'd vote "Legion of Doom" as best supervillain team name ever... much better name than their comic counterparts, the "Injustice Gang").

LUTHOR'S BATTLE SUIT: Despite the episode sticking with the portly Luthor of the early Silver Age comics, his purple and green togs are what he wore in various 70s/early 80s comics, with the battlesuit coming in the mid-80s (just before the Byrne origin revamp).

PARADISE ISLAND: The island home of the Amazons, ruled by Queen Hippolyta ("Hippolyte" in pre-Crisis comics). Was renamed "Themyscira" in the mid-80s George Perez origin reboot. The episode doesn't seem to follow the pre-Crisis rule to the letter against any male setting foot on Paradise Island (per Aphrodite's law, no man was allowed to even touch the Island; the consequences were usually some sort of disaster---losing their immortality/powers/etc.).

Queen Hippolyta/Hippolyte here is black-haired, like her Golden Age/Earth-2 and modern day versions, not blonde like her Silver Age/Earth-1 counterpart (one of the minor dividing points between the Earth-1 and Earth-2 Wonder Women in the 50s, the period when the Queen's hair color changed...).

THE TRINITY: While there's been a Superman/Batman teamup comic of some sort for most of DC's publishing history ("Worlds' Finest Comics" featured teamups between 1954 and 1986, and the modern "Superman/Batman" comic ran through the 2000s), there hasn't been one featuring the "Trinity", save, well, a short-lived title of the same name put out during the late 2000s.

Still, the trio do get featured together as story topics from time to time, or in miniseries such as "Kingdom Come" (which the closing scene makes the three resemble, along with Clark and Diana looking a bit like their Earth-2 counterparts).

PREZ: A short-lived (only four issues) 1973-74 series featured an alternate-Earth's United States lower the age to become president to 18, resulting in its first teenaged Commander-in-Chief, Prez Rickard, being elected. The stories featured then-socially-relevant plots. Despite a cameo by Supergirl in one issue, the series was usually regarded pre-Crisis as not taking place on Earth-1 (or -2, etc.). Prez was co-created by Joe Simon (creator of Captain America).

Batman's suit of armor in the future resembles his costume in "Kingdom Come" to me...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
THE CHEETAH: First appearing in "Wonder Woman" (vol 1) #6 in 1943, and created by William Moulton Marston (Wondy's creator), the Cheetah's usually regarded as Wondy's most well-known archnemesis. While there've been various incarnations of the Cheetah, all usually share razor-sharp claws and athletic skill matching Wonder Woman's. Guessing the version shown here is probably the original/longest-lasting Cheetah, Priscilla Rich.
Also, the trinket she uses to beat Superman was called the Amulet of Urzkartaga. Urzkartaga being a reference to the African plant god associated with bestowing powers to the Barbara Ann Minerva and Sebastian Ballesteros incarnations of Cheetah.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Wow, this episode was actually really good and very funny. The whole teaser at the beginning had me in stitches, and the main episode was also really good, even if the ending was a bit generic.

But really? Superman lost to Cheetah?

That aside, really good episode.

Wow, this episode was actually really good and very funny. The whole teaser at the beginning had me in stitches, and the main episode was also really good, even if the ending was a bit generic.

But really? Superman lost to Cheetah?

That aside, really good episode.

Well Cheetah did come prepared. She was using a magic amulet and kryptonite-infused claws to battle Superman. When you think about how she combined his two greatest weaknesses against him and how he underestimated her in the beginning, it's easy to see how she won.

Villano

I loved Superman's indignation at discovering Luthor was using science to help him pitch. "Luthor's been cheating all along!"

Yeah, that's totally unfair! Superman should only face normal, human pitchers! None of this "level playing field" crap! Superman demands that he hit every ball out of orbit or else he gets a do over!

I can actually envision this Superman playing cards with Luthor. "Lex is using lead lined cards! I can't use my X-Ray Vision! Luthor's cheating!"

It was just such a Silver Age, "Superman is actually kind of a jerk" moment. :D

Anyway, it was a great episode. Probably one of my favorites.:)

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
Okay, I kind of really love this episode.

The teaser was great, from Jimmy as the announcer to the Julie Schwartz/Frank Miller reference to the various powers and skills and cheats. Only problem I had was they called the team the Justice League International, but aside from Booster and Aquaman (and Batman, of course), this was more of a classic Justice League. Weird Kid Flash was there instead of the Flash, though.

Main episode was amazing. Don't get me wrong, sometimes I do like seeing the light/dark tension and uneasy alliance between Batman and Superman, but the Batman of this show isn't like that, and the Trinity we see here are all friends and equals.

The villains deciding to swap was a good plot, Joker stole the show, though, and I was kind of surprised how brutal some of the fights were. Loved seeing Bruce Wayne again, that was pretty tense him trying to hide his identity from Luthor (although if Luthor knows the coordinates to teleport into the Batcave, he should be able to return at any time).

The ending was nice. Yeah, we know Alfred was just writing a story in "The Knights of Tomorrow", but it's good to see Bruce lives into his old age (if he's got that Kingdom Come-like armor, I wonder if Gotham is as crime free here as it was in that book?). And hey, Prez Rickard! I only know him from that one Sandman story, but that was a treat seeing him here.

THE TRINITY: While there's been a Superman/Batman teamup comic of some sort for most of DC's publishing history ("Worlds' Finest Comics" featured teamups between 1954 and 1986, and the modern "Superman/Batman" comic ran through the 2000s), there hasn't been one featuring the "Trinity", save, well, a short-lived title of the same name put out during the late 2000s.

It was only meant to run a year, much like 52 or Countdown, so I wouldn't call it "short-lived", just a limited maxi-series.

Well Cheetah did come prepared. She was using a magic amulet and kryptonite-infused claws to battle Superman. When you think about how she combined his two greatest weaknesses against him and how he underestimated her in the beginning, it's easy to see how she won.

Plus, although her powers do vary wildly among the different continuities and writers and whatnot, in some instances, Cheetah IS as strong and fast as Wonder Woman, which does put her close to Superman's strength class.

ABrown

Only Batman:TB&TB can pull off an opening featuring the heroes playing baseball against the bad guys. It's so ridiculous, yet someone this show pulls it off.

It's great to see an episode featuring Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. This was a much better episode than the previous episode featuring Superman. And I don't know that there is a such thing as a bad appearance by Wonder Woman.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Featured Posts