Boomerang International News and Discussion Thread 4.0

Francisque

What I mean it's there not for viewing pleasure but until their repeat fees or something don't run out

Not your average viewer is going to care that much at what is shown on weekends at 2:35am, although it's nice to have it there :D
Better than nothing. People have a chance to stay up at that time on weekends. For many it's hard but the true classic fans will stay up for it.

Not your average viewer is going to care that much at what is shown on weekends at 2:35am, although it's nice to have it there :D
No need to care. I'm just here to inform cause this stuff happens rarely. In fact this is only the second classic show after Ca Boom block was removed a few years ago so it's pretty big deal. I was surprised even if it's one of the absolute worse timeslots.

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Boomerang Latin America bumpers from February-September 2014, back when they finally started to air cartoons again but still kept the teen era branding
What's up with LATAM and turning channels into teen oriented ones? Since Boomerang wasn't alone (Animax... But at least, that did gift some other countries a cool branding.) in that.

thetellyweb

TellyToon
The UK has also done a similar thing.
TCC (The Childrens Channel) closed down partially due to FlexTech wanting to focus on Teen programming.
Then Turner tried with it on Toonami only to then close the channel less than a year after.
And of course Boomerang UK went through a teen-based live-action phase for a few years, until switching it's focus to family/younger viewing.

(Honestly there's so much I've known and witnessed from Boomerang UK, I felt like doing a "Retrospective?" type video, going through it's many brand changes and programming)

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

Daffy Duck. Can. Not. Be. Fooled.
The UK has also done a similar thing.
TCC (The Childrens Channel) closed down partially due to FlexTech wanting to focus on Teen programming.
Then Turner tried with it on Toonami only to then close the channel less than a year after.
And of course Boomerang UK went through a teen-based live-action phase for a few years, until switching it's focus to family/younger viewing.

(Honestly there's so much I've known and witnessed from Boomerang UK, I felt like doing a "Retrospective?" type video, going through it's many brand changes and programming)
though Boomerang still aired some animated series with classic series during its teen phase

Daffyrocks

Daffy Duck. Can. Not. Be. Fooled.
But at that point that were kind of on the side, showing either in the daytime or late at night, while most of the former hits were being promoted over on CN Too.
Yeah, CN Too was the new place for most of the classics. At that point, they combined the old with some of the (at that time) brand new, it was kind of an interesting blend of how the old 2000s CN was like.

Also, you say they were on Boomerang UK in the daytime at that time. Shouldn't this be a good thing?

RegularCapital

Staff member
He can correct me if I’m wrong, but I took that as when kids are in school.

Daytime especially in British English, is considered morning/early afternoon, basically when no kid is watching TV LOL

Except for the weekend

On weekdays, school kids usually watch between 7am-9am (7.30am-8.30am peak) and 3pm-7pm (4pm-6pm peak).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Looking at the Boomerang Imaginary Rebrand pitch really makes me wish that we get this rebrand instead of what we got in 2015.

I was at my local Wal-Mart, and they had merchandise out for the new Garfield movie. There's a plush doll of Baby Garfield that meows, and you have to feed him a piece of lasagna or pizza.
I want to thank both Silverstar and Goldstar for their awesome posts and great presence in this forum. Love ya!
Hey, internet: You all owe Natasha Klein (creator of Primos) an apology. It doesn't matter if you want to watch the show or not. There was no logical reason to unleash that level of vitriol over just a few words, especially before the show has even aired. Now all of y'all line up and tell her you're sorry.

Featured Posts