Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Betsyp

I’m getting whiplash with Boomerang. They keep taking the Scooby Doo shows I like best off the air - put them back on and then take them off.

“What’s New” is on 11/30, then off. Then it returns on 12/7 and is off again starting 12/9

“Where” and ”Guess” have been on weekends, but it appears that will end with 12/6, as they are not scheduled for Saturday 12/7..

This is per TV Passport

Honestly, I think it‘s a terrible schedule...way, way too much Tom and Jerry, plus shows I don’t care about

zoombie

They’re only doing this because of the Very Merry Jerry event, that crazy cat will be reduced once it’s over

A month long event of Tom and Jerry wow that is new? That is like Cartoon Network having a month long Teen Titans Go event.

Anyway watching Josie and the Cats, I have to say it is by the far the best Scooby Doo clone. Even though the title character is the weakest of the show. (okay her boyfriend is, but she is a close second) Anyway it does some Scooby Doo, still able to do it's own thing, that makes its own.

VeiledHat

HAHAHA! I HAVE YOU NOW!
I don't like how in the extended Boomerang Theater promo, they underuse the Phantom Virus; they just show him sneezing when Velma blows dust at him, and not any of his other, funnier moments. They could've used one of his baseball puns, you know? That way, I would've looked forward to that promo every time it appears at the end of a show. At least Cyborg is in it (in the shortened version, his head is cut off by the frame, but in this longer version, he speaks.)

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
I don't like how in the extended Boomerang Theater promo, they underuse the Phantom Virus; they just show him sneezing when Velma blows dust at him, and not any of his other, funnier moments. They could've used one of his baseball puns, you know? That way, I would've looked forward to that promo every time it appears at the end of a show. At least Cyborg is in it (in the shortened version, his head is cut off by the frame, but in this longer version, he speaks.)
They’ve been using the same promo since the rebrand started, it’s too late to change it...

Moe

Well I don't have a problem with it per say. Just the December event is not much of an event to me, very little is changing.

Same here, I got tired with oversaturation of Tom and Jerry shows on Boomerang so it need to have diverse of different TV shows, not re-run of same shows for 12 hours per day.

Do you guys realize that some of the Huckleberry Hound shorts have scrolling closed captions?

As Deaf and heavily rely on closed captioning, I'm trying to remember.

Moe

Nice to see 90s All Star logo returns on Boomerang after HB shows end.

DD667184-C08F-46DA-9CB1-B88F04536381.jpeg

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Doctor's referrals are the new bane of my existence.
Aiko's outfit is the biggest reason she's the first character I've gone with for my celebration of Magical Doremi. It's something I would totally wear, and it would be super easy to cosplay.

ODS-EP34-057.png
also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

Featured Posts