Toonami2018-Lupin.png

Lupin the Third Part V
Opening theme: "Lupin Trios 2018" by Yuji Ohno & Lupintic Six
Ending theme: "Seine no Kaze ni... (Adieu)" by Miyuki Sawashiro

Characters:
1NP0Cid.png

Arsène Lupin III
Voiced by: Tony Oliver
The grandson of famed criminal Arsène Lupin, he is a master thief and a ladies man.

SkzBnAW.png

Daisuke Jigen
Voiced by: Richard Epcar
Lupin's right-hand man and an excellent sharpshooter.

7SeLIym.png

Goemon Ishikawa XIII
Voiced by: Lex Lang
Descendant of 16th century outlaw Ishikawa Goemon, he is a master swordsman and very prideful of his Japanese heritage.

TNHxfx1.png

Fujiko Mine
Voiced by: Michelle Ruff
Professional burglar and seductress in an on-again off-again relationship with Lupin, depending on whether or not she's currently stabbing him in the back.

agwYCsn.png

Koichi Zenigata
Voiced by: Doug Erholtz
Descendant of Japanese detective Zenigata Heiji, he is an inspector working for Interpol, having dedicated his life towards putting Lupin behind bars.

bUiRpxW.png

Ami Enan
Voiced by: Cristina Vee
A teenage computer hacker who was isolated and a prisoner for most of her life, until Lupin “stole” her so that she could experience the outside world. After adventuring with Lupin for a bit, she became enrolled at a private school.

c9Bq73C.jpg

Episode 15
"Her Relationship With Lupin”

Previously:
Dolma was flown to Padar by the CIA, so Lupin and company made their own trip. There, the trio discovered how half of the city they arrived in is highly technologically advanced, thanks to the IT company Shake Hand. The other half, controlled by the religious faction, is technologically behind. Meanwhile, Fujiko and Ami paid a visit to Shake Hand’s facilities before they paid a visit to the low-tech part of town. Meanwhile, Lupin and company nabbed a couple of Padar troops and printed out face masks for Lupin and Jigen to wear.

The duo went on patrol, where they discovered that a military coup in favor of the local religion was in the works and was backed by the CIA. Fujiko infiltrated the religious facility with Ami to rescue Dolma and for Fujiko to grab the treasure. Meanwhile, Zenigata showed up after learning that Lupin had left a calling card with the High Priest. The High Priest wasn’t worried but agreed to help. Zenigata turned out to be Lupin in disguise, who learned where Princess Dolma was being detained.

The coup started as Ami entered the part of the facility where Dolma was being held. There she ran into CIA Agent McGuire, who disarmed her and started choking her. Lupin showed up to save Ami. Lupin stalled until he could spring his trap and secure Agent McGuire in wire strands. Ami was happy to see Lupin, but their reunion was interrupted when Dolma came downstairs. Lupin kept McGuire covered, but was stunned when Dolma shot him with an arrow.

This time:
Ami and Fujiko escape with a badly injured Lupin, while martial law is declared in Pandar, pushing the country closer toward a civil war.

Note:
  • Lupin the Third will be off next week for a Dragon Ball Super marathon.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Last time: THANK YOU LUPIN, BUT YOUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER MINDSET.

Wait, whose relationship with Lupin?

Do you just arrest any foreigner you see?

I like a teaching method that's hands-on. Will this be on the test, Miss Fujiko?

"The bloody teardrop's vanished."
No need to swear, sir, even British swears.

I don't think this guy intends to let anyone live.

As pawns on a chessboard are you for the world elite to play with for their sport.

I thought that shared bodily warmth thing was for Arctic condictions. Couldn't you just give him a blanket or something?

And suddenly we're in a One Piece episode.

And then one of them pulls out a grappling hook or--oh, a parachute. That works too.

Think he can overcome an arrow in the belly?

You're the REAL Zenigata, right?

Was this filmed on location in Yemen?

I don't think he'll be getting much sleep for a while.

"Open the bag! There's grenades inside!"
"This one?"
Yes, the thing that looks like a grenade!

And you also just blew up a truck full of people.

Gee, thanks, Fujicakes.

"Lupin, we won't get fooled again!"
We tip our hat to the new constitution!

Okay, but she's not going to give you the intel.

IT'S NOT A BALLOON! IT'S AN AIRSHIP!

Well, he heealed farily quick--oh, guess not.

That blimp went down like a lead zeppelin. Its pilot must have been dazed and confused.

Last edited:

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this episode was pretty good. I was wondering how they were going to get out of there with Lupin injured like that. At least Fujiko and Ami were able to work together to take care of that wound. It seemed a bit strange for Fujiko to warm Lupin with her own body. I thought she was going to give him her clothes or find a blanket at first instead. I also wondered if Jigen and Goemon were going to find Lupin, especially when Goemon even questioned if Lupin really needed their help. He can get out of tight situations, but he wouldn't have been able to do everything on his own, especially in his current condition.

They also expanded on Dolma's situation a bit. She wasn't brainwashed like I thought she was, but I don't think she has a trustworthy alley either. I could just see that going south fast, especially when her orders to not hurt Ami didn't really matter either.

The chase scene was pretty intense. Ami looked pretty shaken over killing that truck full of people. Their lives were in danger, but that was still a lot for a girl like her to handle. Fuijko was willing to abandon Ami and Lupin pretty easily, but it was also possibly in the attempt to distract the soldiers while they escaped. I wasn't expecting Lupin to recover fast enough to chase after Fujiko. It did end on another pretty intense cliffhanger, but obviously Lupin and Fujiko survived. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Featured Posts