Christmas Tales 2023

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Previously on Christmas Tales (the site search function doesn't seem to work, so I'm using Google)
Also, Christmas Tales 2022 was eaten by the site crash

How was your Christmas this year? I got Disgaea 7 and a snowman mug. My mother got a Chainsaw Man figure.

IMG_20231225_170957.jpg

I did not buy her this figure. She did not buy herself this figure. No one else did either. Crunchyroll sent a Chainsaw Man figure to my mother for some reason.

I found out about this when I visited her house today. "Oh, do you know what this is? It got sent to me last month." My mother lives in a sheltered world of gospel music, CBS procedurals and pug dogs. She will never ever ever know what Chainsaw Man is.

IMG_20231225_171035.jpg

Her name and address are on the receipt -- but there's no price mentioned. My theory: since I've been writing Crunchyroll news items for both this and other websites, I must be on their press list, so they sent me a random promotional item -- only they got it super wrong, thought my mother was me and sent it to her house.

Anyway, how was YOUR Christmas? Did your mother get any weird anime chibi dolls?

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
I got a few gift cards, Marcy's Journal from Amphibia, some Animal Crossing Amiibo cards, the Disney Lorcana card game, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, the Criterion Blu-ray of Frances Ha, and Maya Hawke's album Blush. My older brother got, among other things, an envelope with letters inside to unscramble. He wasn't too bright with it so I helped him. I got the hint that one of the two words had two O's, and got the word "scoop" and figured it was "scoop snow". He got a snow scoop.
I spent Christmas evening with my mom's side of the family, playing Super Mario Party with my little cousin. I did okay for my first time playing. My uncle and his girlfriend, who live in Ontario, will be coming home today for some extra holiday fun.

This time two years ago I was hoping for more productivity in regards to my filmmaking career. As I said in last year's Christmas Tales post before the whole thread got deleted, last year was the year everything changed for me. A new film school opened in town and despite my meager application and minimal film and TV-related credits, I got in. I'm now 3/4 through my two-year creation program, have created several short films, won an award at an out-of-province film festival, and am already planning my debut feature as well as an experimental documentary filmed in various places in the US and Canada. Needless to say, my life is WAY better than it was two years ago.
We will be officially moving into a new building in January. Though it used to be an old school, it's been significantly modified specifically for film-related activity such as editing, prop building, and sound recording. I'm cautiously optimistic for what 2024 will bring for all of us.

Last edited:

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
i like to always around this time of year mention the song "I Eat Chinese Food on Christmas" as the lyrics go-

I eat chinese food on christmas
go to the movie theater too
cause there just aint much as to do on christmas
when you're a Jew

So basically I walked around my neighborhood and got some iced tea from a boba tea place. I'm getting presents for new years though! that's fun. i'm getting a trimmer. i already got myself a new plush about a month ago, so i consider that my present. overpriced plushie though. im waiting for some news soon so hopefully...yeahhh

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts