DC Comics Animation - General Animated Feature News & Discussion Thread, Part 11 (Spoilers)

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"DC’s Next Heroes: The Jurassic League?"​

sk42i2de.jpg

"There are whispers of a new animated superhero project at WB, the latest addition to James Gunn’s growing DC universe (the JGDCU). It’s becoming apparent that some of these projects will wander off the beaten path, and this latest one treks into some very uncharted territory.

Reports say Gunn is looking into producing a Jurassic League movie. The Jurassic League is a simple concept — it’s the Justice League, but as dinosaurs. In fact, everyone’s a dinosaur: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Condiment King, you name it. Gunn has allegedly brought on Brian Lynch, who wrote the scripts for The Secret Life Of Pets and the first Minions movie, to figure out what happens here."

Read the full article here.

Who here is up for an animated movie featuring Dinosaur Justice League?

Ed Nygma

Based on the interview quotes on the previous page, it seems pretty clear the DC animated DTV line will be coming to an end finally at the conclusion of Crisis/when Gunn's DCU takes over, it seems almost predetermined. It was a good run but 18 years was a long time. Has there been any more news about Watchmen? I was sure it was announced for 2024 yet I have no clue when Crisis part 3 is even coming. It seems clear they did Watchmen just to get one more surefire classic and go out with a bang, but I'm already groaning at the thought that they'll of course split it into two parts.

They did pretty much get everything adapted though, there's not much left. My one regret is that they didn't do Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, or just go for it and adapt Kingdom Come; that story is tailor made for this line and unlikely to ever get a live action version.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Has there been any more news about Watchmen? I was sure it was announced for 2024 yet I have no clue when Crisis part 3 is even coming. It seems clear they did Watchmen just to get one more surefire classic and go out with a bang, but I'm already groaning at the thought that they'll of course split it into two parts.
No, there was been no further news on Watchmen. They barely released any news about Crisis Part 2 and it's in 2 weeks. Marketing is very lean right now. Crisis Part 3 is rumored for July - based on Part 1 and 2's releases, July makes sense. Logically, we might hear more about Watchmen at SDCC.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
No, there was been no further news on Watchmen. They barely released any news about Crisis Part 2 and it's in 2 weeks. Marketing is very lean right now. Crisis Part 3 is rumored for July - based on Part 1 and 2's releases, July makes sense. Logically, we might hear more about Watchmen at SDCC.

If they even go to SDCC, after skipping NYCC and Wonder Con. They aren't even doing cast announcements/first looks/trailer reveals with the press this year.

Medinnus

Staff member
Has there been any hint over what comes after C3? One rebooted unified universe? I would be very amused if the YJ universe becomes the unified universe; I find it hard to believe there is a better version of of a unified reboot.

Frontier

Staff member
Has there been any hint over what comes after C3? One rebooted unified universe? I would be very amused if the YJ universe becomes the unified universe; I find it hard to believe there is a better version of of a unified reboot.
A universe where Wally West is dead is a net negative on that front :p.

We might know more by the end of the year since the only thing left on the docket is Watchmen. Assuming there is anything to come and it's not in Gunn's hands.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
No, we have no hints so far what will happen to the DC Universe DTV line after Crisis. Presumably there might be some mention of the DTV line's future at Comic Con. But for the immediate future, we still have the Watchmen movie(s) from the DC Animated Movie DTV line to go for this year and Aztec Batman on Max to go.

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
It's nice not to have any leaks regarding the slate for a change too.

Based on Gunn's recent comments, it's seems revivals and continuity laden ''universes'' is not what he wants for Elseworlds projects. It'll be interesting to see just what WB/DC does with their DTV's.

Would it be the worst thing in the world if they went back to the pre-2007 model. Only doing DTV's as spinoffs from successful DC animated shows?

Feature length My Adventures with Superman? A Batman: Caped Crusader DTV? Harley Quinn DTV finale?

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Maybe Creature Commandos will get 6 seasons and a movie.

For Harley Quinn there might be more specials like the Valentine's Day one, but not sure if they'll make an in-continuity movie with her. Hopefully a potential tie-in to My Adventures With Superman won't be the Brainiac Attacks for Superman TAS.

Last edited:

Cartoonfan13

It's nice not to have any leaks regarding the slate for a change too.

Based on Gunn's recent comments, it's seems revivals and continuity laden ''universes'' is not what he wants for Elseworlds projects. It'll be interesting to see just what WB/DC does with their DTV's.

Would it be the worst thing in the world if they went back to the pre-2007 model. Only doing DTV's as spinoffs from successful DC animated shows?

Feature length My Adventures with Superman? A Batman: Caped Crusader DTV? Harley Quinn DTV finale?
I get revivals and continuity laden "universes" are not what he wants for Elseworlds projects.
However Fans do to a certain point, namely Young Justice Season 5 and Teen Titans Season 6.
Gunn doesn't want to piggyback off of X-Men 97's success but he should to some degree in my opinion. I'm not saying he should be involved in any major capacity but just greenlight those projects. Give the suits a safety net, for a worse case scenario.

Last edited:

Otaku-sempai

A universe where Wally West is dead is a net negative on that front :p.

We might know more by the end of the year since the only thing left on the docket is Watchmen. Assuming there is anything to come and it's not in Gunn's hands.
And there's Aztec Batman/Batman Azteca, but I don't think that's counted as a part of the line.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts