Do Revivals Ever Contain the Same Animation Style as the Original Series?

AnimatedFan01

Every cartoon that's been revived lately has been using a conspicuously different style from the original series. Rugrats and The Proud Family are two examples that come to mind. Is there any revival cartoon that's ever used the same animation style as the original series? Maybe I'm mistaking revivals for renewals post-cancellation. Futurama and Family Guy were still the same shows they were since their debut when they got brought back after cancelation, so maybe revivals are completely different from a show being brought back with new seasons after years of being canceled?

Dr.Pepper

I think you are getting revivals confused with reboots. In my mind a revival is when I show gets renewed for more seasons after it was originally canceled. Examples would be Family Guy, Dexter’s Lab, and Rugrats (in 1996). These new episodes are considered part of the same series.

I think that a reboot is when a series gets remade at a later date. Examples are Powerpuff Girls, Ducktales, and the CGI Rugrats series.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I still feel The Casagrandes was a slipshod clone of The Loud House that didn't need to exist, but I have to admit its theme song is catchy. It's a bouncy little earworm.
there are many parts of my childhood I wish I could erase from my memories. so much bullying. I was mentally, emotionally and physically traumatized. really, my current personality is me trying to reclaim that part of my life.
Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.

Featured Posts