Does anyone remember those days when CN played Scooby-Doo quite alot especially the 90s.

Santana434

Alrighty I know this post is Kinda strange, but does anyone remember those days when Scooby-Doo used to be played on CN quite often. Like I remember the days when Scooby-doo used to do a marathon of shows such as the Scooby Universe block I mentioned below. But I noticed in th oeseld forums CN fans are complaining its too much Scooby-Doo, but look on the bright side at least its not bad like TTG and gumball marathons to where they never get a chance to air a different show at all, causing them to be screwed over. I guess the reason why Scooby-Doo was being played on CN alot back then is because alot of people enjoyed the franchise even the younger audience, and this is me coming from a Scooby fan for the past 20 years or so. But how did anyone felt back then when CN used to air SD alot, heck even the old CN logo did appear in the merchandising. To me, I thought they did air overplayed SD a bit much back then, but at least the channel still cared for their other shows back then and they got enough airtime in plenty of slots, the same can't be said for TTG and gumball marathons especially back in 2017.

Attachments

• R.png
    R.png
    925.8 KB · Views: 20

Pooky

Staff member
I seem to recall that c.2000 Cartoon Network had a full week of Scooby (they'd had a full week of Flintstones in summer of 1997). The adverts parodied Mission Impossible II, a current movie at the time. Although I can't find anything about this online, so I've perhaps slightly embellished or misremembered it.

wiley207

Indeed, when I was seven years old in 1996, Cartoon Network introduced me to Scooby-Doo. And the airplay kept on coming, until the City era began in 2004 when they began to greatly decrease the amount of Scooby content they'd show. By the end of the year, the only Scooby-Doo material on the channel was "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" and the then-recent direct-to-video movies, with reruns of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!", "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo" and "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo" very early on Saturday mornings.
Of course, CN also refused to rerun "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue", due to the overwhelmingly negative reception it released, along with being such a drastic change to the franchise. (Same reason they refused to show "Loonatics Unleashed".) It wasn't until 2010 when "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" premiered, and it was the first Scooby-Doo TV series made exclusively for Cartoon Network.

Mejo

Just a standard Fox going about in the Wild West
Ah yes, Scooby. You couldn’t escape him if you were on Cartoon Network back then. He got marathons, Cartoon Theater presentations, constant reruns, the list goes on. He was even voted Cartoon President at one point! That overexposure really made me get tired of Scooby back then. It’s a great show (I’m more interested in early Hanna Barbera cartoons though), but I was just sick of seeing it constantly.

I do remember however, that CN used to have a slot for Scooby Doo in primetime in the mid to late 90s, where they would show 1 or 2 Scooby Doo shows back to back. That was quite interesting, and I wished they would have done something more like that instead of simply airing the Scooby Doo shows constantly throughout the day.

I also remember that they also used to show some of the Scooby Doo knockoffs plenty of times back then. There was even a whole block dedicated to them (and the original Scooby Doo cartoon from 1969) at one point: Mysteries Inc.

Moe

Yes, I remembered CN frequently air Scooby Doo and it was my sister's favorite show in late 1990s.

but weird, I wasn't complain about too much Scooby Doo and marathon wasn't word that I know until I was mid teen when I saw Baywatch marathon on cable channel in 2003.

Ah yes, Scooby. You couldn’t escape him if you were on Cartoon Network back then. He got marathons, Cartoon Theater presentations, constant reruns, the list goes on. He was even voted Cartoon President at one point! That overexposure really made me get tired of Scooby back then. It’s a great show (I’m more interested in early Hanna Barbera cartoons though), but I was just sick of seeing it constantly.

I do remember however, that CN used to have a slot for Scooby Doo in primetime in the mid to late 90s, where they would show 1 or 2 Scooby Doo shows back to back. That was quite interesting, and I wished they would have done something more like that instead of simply airing the Scooby Doo shows constantly throughout the day.

I also remember that they also used to show some of the Scooby Doo knockoffs plenty of times back then. There was even a whole block dedicated to them (and the original Scooby Doo cartoon from 1969) at one point: Mysteries Inc.
Yes, too many Scooby Doo clone shows in 1970s, even Tom and Jerry in Tom and Jerry Show doing mystery works.

Parents complained too much about violence in TV shows, so ABC, NBC and CBS said that's fine, let us eliminate all of violence in shows.

Silver-7

Tad Ghostal
personally? no. coming from when i would watch CN a lot, they'd play a ton of scooby durring the day. if it was summer or if i was sick home from school, i'd have to watch a ton of scooby doo movies or whatever all day. just kinda got sick of it, just kinda made me dread having to stay home.

not that scooby doo is bad or anything just got ran dry for me. i could be the minority here i dunno lol

Moe

personally? no. coming from when i would watch CN a lot, they'd play a ton of scooby durring the day. if it was summer or if i was sick home from school, i'd have to watch a ton of scooby doo movies or whatever all day. just kinda got sick of it, just kinda made me dread having to stay home.

not that scooby doo is bad or anything just got ran dry for me. i could be the minority here i dunno lol
You got Boomerang block and Toonami block that are bonus with variety of shows.

If Scooby Doo marathon occured, they lasted few hours and they come from several different shows like New Scooby-Doo Movies, 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo and others.

Few years ago, Boomerang channel aired awfully a lot of Scooby Doo shows, even much more than Cartoon Network in late 1990s.

Markus Nelis

It's funny because Scooby-Doo is back on CN after it was gone for at least half a decade. It's also the second most aired show right now. Not a new thing. We can all agree that throughout history Scooby has been carrying the network for most of the time.

I'll never understood why CN moved Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated and Gumball from Monday Nights to Tuesday Nights, it doesn't make sense

wiley207

I'll never understood why CN moved Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated and Gumball from Monday Nights to Tuesday Nights, it doesn't make sense
The former was so they could pair it up with its sister series, "The Looney Tunes Show". But soon they often began pre-empting "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" for "Adventure Time", while TLTS was often being preempted for "Level Up".

The former was so they could pair it up with its sister series, "The Looney Tunes Show". But soon they often began pre-empting "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" for "Adventure Time", while TLTS was often being preempted for "Level Up".
What about Gumball?

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Yeah. Ever since it launched October 94.
They had a 25 hour marathon in 95. And slowly added all the shows. They also had the Laffalympics special. And then the Blair Witch spoof. So yes. Probably the most prpfitable non original IP having more spin offs than even Star Trek.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 80th birthday to George Lucas. The Star Wars Franchise has been one of my favorites since childhood.
There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Featured Posts