DreamWorks' “Dog Man” Animated Movie News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
From the AnimeSuperhero.com front page:

"DreamWorks Schedules “Dog Man” Animated Movie For 2025"​

Dog-Man.jpg

"Universal Pictures and DreamWorks Animation recently announced a release date for the “Dog Man” animated movie, based on Dav Pilkey’s series of books. First announced as beginning production back in 2020, the film is now scheduled to hit theaters on Friday, January 31, 2025.

The premise of “Dog Man” is that following an accident, a police officer and his dog undergo a surgery operation that results in Dog Man being born; a half dog, half man creature sworn to protect and serve (though he still needs to fight his canine instincts, such as distractions like chasing squirrels). His arch-nemesis is the feline supervillain Petey the Cat, and his, clone Lil Petey is also thrown into the mix, who changes the game for both of them."

Read the full article here.

Is anyone else interested in seeing the "Dog Man" books adapted for the big screen?

Related discussion:
DreamWorks Animation News and Discussion Thread

Last edited:

Pooky

Staff member
Looking forward to that; I enjoyed Captain Underpants and the characters are very cute and make me smile whenever I see them on book shelves. Part of me thinks it would be nice if more things could stay as books and not be contorted into other mediums, but still I'm interested.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.

Featured Posts