Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
We're a few years removed from the last decade ending now, and so I thought I'd ask:

What was your favorite year of the 2010's?!?

It can be for whatever reason - personal life events of the time, what TV shows or video games you were into then, whatever. No outright political discussion (though if you want to say "the economy was better at this point", or something like that, fine).

[classic swim]

SwimShady
2010-2013 in general are the only years from that decade which me, myself & I find salvageable.

And I guess out of those four, 2012 might’ve been my least favorite. I rolled my eyes at a lot of the corniness back then but even those lesser years I took for granted. 2019 was also not too bad of a year for me.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
2014, because it's the first full year I wasn't living in a dinky studio apartment anymore and instead had a much roomier townhouse. And I had the first post-college job that I would consider halfway decent. Made some good friends at that job too.

Dr.Pepper

I’m going with 2016, mostly because I’m really nostalgic for that summer. I had just earned my bachelor’s degree, volunteered at a local museum, was hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon, there were new episodes of Steven Universe all summer, house sat for a family friend one last time before she moved to another state, and got my first real job with the school district.

An honorable mention in 2019. That year I tried to better myself by making new friends. It was the last summer I worked at a “traditional” summer school (after the pandemic we changed it to half days) at an older school that has since been torn down and rebuilt. I was also hyped for Pokémon Sword and Shield Toy Story 4, Lion King remake, and the Steven Universe movie.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'll go with 2011. I really liked Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats 2011. The first Captain America and Thor movies held the promise of the early MCU films. Also, without getting political, that was the year the Iraq War ended and Osama Bin Ladin was killed (in other words, it felt like the end of the "War on Terror" years). It felt like a period of stability was just around the corner. But then, starting in 2012 onward, our political culture started getting worse and worse (getting more and more toxic, on both sides)

Personally speaking, I was still relatively new and excited for my job at the time (I spent the entire 2010's in the same company, so I wasn't "burnt out" by this point in 2011. I was hired in 2009 and quit in 2019). It was that period where you're thankful to have a job but haven't yet realized there's no true room for upward advancement.

I tried to go back to college starting in 2014. Ended up only going for one semester, so that didn't work out, so around 2015 or so, I realized "this is your life". Thankfully, I'm in a better place now. Guess I'm just saying the decade held more promise for me in 2011.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
For me, it's 2010 and 2011, but I like 2010 a lot more.

I was adjusting a new life on South Florida back in 09 back when I was 10. I gotta into watching cable TV a lot more because of Cartoon Network, Nick, and Disney due to their rebrands. I did enjoy Disney XD when it was new at the time. Adventure Time and Regular Show were my favorites. I enjoy BrainSurge on Nick at the time. I love Nicktoons at the time when they actually had variety and I got into Dragon Ball Z Kai. Finally, I LOVE The Hub so much when it first launched. I was into since Day 1. Hell, I remember the announcement before it was launched and I was already excited.

As for 2011, the best memories I had with that year was Gumball. I really love Gumball when it first came out. It was such a cute show. Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension was fantastic. I don't care what anybody says. Suite Life on Deck finale was really good. Good Luck Charlie Christmas movie was WAY better than the actual show. TeenNick and 90's are All That was decent. And...yeah. I think that's about it. There were downsides of 2011 that made it not as good as 2010, but it was still good.

2012 might’ve been my least favorite.
Yeah, I’m with you on that. 2012 is my least favorite year. I was turning 13, and I started to outgrown cable TV. Nick, CN, and Disney were starting to get repetitive with their schedule and showing the same thing over and over again. Their rebrands are really terrible. The Hub, which I used to love, I lost interest due to branding changes (although I got into The Hub again in 2013 due to MLP FIM; I know. I’m part of the problem). And the shows I used to love watching, I just lost interest in them anymore. I fell off on Adventure Time in Season 4 due to be being very over dramatic and less funny (I think it was the episode with Lady Rainicorn and Jake were having kids is where I tapped out). I stopped watching Regular Show due to adding CJ and Thomas. I lost interest in Phineas and Ferb in the first half of Season 3 due to being very repetitive with its formula.

I mean, you could argue that 2012 was good due to CN turning 20 and Toonami came back, but what else is there? Now to be fair, I’ve never heard of Toonami until it came back. Then, I was into old CN commercials and brandings due to CCF and Powerhouse era. As a kid, I LOVE watching Powerhouse bumpers and I prefer them over Check It at the time.

At that point in 2012, I was watching YouTube more than cable TV. I love YouTube since 07-08, but the early 2010’s is where I got more and more into YouTube. It was like an escape for me.

So, for me, I prefer 2010.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today I found out there is a new PBS Retro FAST channel available on The Roku Channel. I also learned that I can access it when I thought I wouldn't be able to. PBS Retro has a lot of great shows I never thought I'd see again. Awesome!
It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
nick.com has banner (since past few weeks) has KCA 2024 on July 13 at 8pm. But no further news, nor any promos for it yet.

I thought Nick would get new promos for other shows or new episodes, but still NOTHING.
Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.

Featured Posts