"Gotham City PD" (HBO Max) News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member

Frontier

Staff member

Otaku-sempai

Reported character details for two lead roles, possibly Janice Porter and Marcus Driver from the "Gotham Central" comics.
Maybe, though Janice Porter wasn't a Black woman (at least in Batman: Dark Victory) nor was she ever (as far as I know) a GCPD detective. Porter didn't even survive the end of Dark Victory and I don't recall her ever appearing in Gotham Central (unless it was an alternate version of the character that I've forgotten about). This could be a re-imagining of Renee Montoya.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That's right. Wasn't Porter, Dent's successor as the DA then she got involved with him...

Frontier

Staff member
That sounds reasonable.

Basically it's keeping the feel of a real show about the police force in a world inhabited by Batman, but while Gotham Central was later years Batman this show is early years Batman so it makes sense that the cast would be completely different. Reeve's cast is probably more expendable.

Of course at the same time I wonder how crazy a show set in Batman's early years could get compared to the comic.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, what's going to separate it from Law & Order if they can't use Batman's Rogues Gallery? Then again, Gotham. Shrug.
We don't even know how much Batman will actually be in it. Will Pattinson actually show up? Will Batman just show up in far distant shots with a stunt double? Or in darkness to hide his face? Get a Luke Skywalker hallway fight where you can't see his face?

I mean, hypothetically Penguin and Selina might show up because they're Underworld figures.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts