"Green Lantern Corp (HBO Max Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
That's...kind of random. Not sure GL is the kind of franchise you want to make serious and dark :sweat:.
Not exactly breaking the mold here for another space opera series, then. :zim:
They seem to be referencing something specific with regard to HBO's Watchmen & I can certainly do with less of that.

Frontier

Staff member

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
How right can they be making it if they are making it TV-MA rated? Shutting out kids from the newest Green Lantern series? My hopes are actually basement low for this because of that. I'm expecting Titans redux,.

Frontier

Staff member
How right can they be making it if they are making it TV-MA rated? Shutting out kids from the newest Green Lantern series? My hopes are actually basement low for this because of that. I'm expecting Titans redux,.
I'm not sure if this will be intended for general audiences, but I don't expect it to get as dark as Titans.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I'm not sure if this will be intended for general audiences, but I don't expect it to get as dark as Titans.
It doesn't matter. DC making a TV-MA Green Lantern show means they need their heads examined. I would talk similar smack if the Fred Rogers Foundation released an edgy R-rated Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. The notion is utterly ridiculous.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
It doesn't matter. DC making a TV-MA Green Lantern show means they need their heads examined. I would talk similar smack if the Fred Rogers Foundation released an edgy R-rated Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. The notion is utterly ridiculous.
I think that was only rumored, not confirmed. In any case, I could see them rationalizing it as the GLC are cops so like 'The Shield in space, it should be TV-MA.' Plus, add in that HBO Max is probably in its 'Wild West' years where scrutiny on broadcast standards and practices is not prevalent. If the content ends up being wall to wall gratuitous for no reason, then yeah, that's on them. But considering this may be a show will likely include aliens of countless races with power rings fighting criminals and cosmic horrors, it's going to get violent depending on what stories they're telling, case of the week vs. the universe is at stake. Could be interesting if there's a character who's conflicted with the kind of force a Green Lantern is allowed to administer.

the greenman

I think that was only rumored, not confirmed. In any case, I could see them rationalizing it as the GLC are cops so like 'The Shield in space, it should be TV-MA.' Plus, add in that HBO Max is probably in its 'Wild West' years where scrutiny on broadcast standards and practices is not prevalent. If the content ends up being wall to wall gratuitous for no reason, then yeah, that's on them. But considering this may be a show will likely include aliens of countless races with power rings fighting criminals and cosmic horrors, it's going to get violent depending on what stories they're telling, case of the week vs. the universe is at stake. Could be interesting if there's a character who's conflicted with the kind of force a Green Lantern is allowed to administer.
Well, what about Titans? Is that TV-MA?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Titans isn't just the worst DC show live-action or animated ever, I would seriously argue it is the very worst superhero show of all time. DC does not have a good track record there.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I heard Max is giving Scavengers Reign to Netflix. Maybe they'll do more with it over there than Max did.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing more cartoons than live-action.

Quoted for the truth!
PLuto LEGO now is airing LEGO Friends: Next Chapter. Disney channel former recently aired this before.
It bugs me how when you say Looney Tunes, most people jump to the 50's Chuck Jones shorts as the default. I'm not trying to throw shade at Jones; he was great and the 50s LTs were great, but the 40's shorts shouldn't be overlooked; they're that much better IMO.

Featured Posts