"Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I guess if any movie is probably to follow that up, it would be Vol. 3.

Not that we ever really saw the Nova Corps. do that much outside the one Guardians movie :sweat:.
I guess pragmatically, I'm only assuming a line like the Guardians have a tough time getting work because the Nova Corps aren't around to arrest the competition. lol. But it would stand to reason without the Corps, the criminal underworld in space has flourished and are the Guardians or Ravagers even relevant anymore?

Frontier

Staff member
I guess pragmatically, I'm only assuming a line like the Guardians have a tough time getting work because the Nova Corps aren't around to arrest the competition. lol. But it would stand to reason without the Corps, the criminal underworld in space has flourished and are the Guardians or Ravagers even relevant anymore?
I feel like the lack of cosmic movies that don't involve Earth have given us a lack of understanding about exactly how MCU Cosmic works outside what we see in the Guardians movies.

Maybe the lack of a Nova Corps. might actually inspire the Guardians to live up to their name in a more official way...

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I feel like the lack of cosmic movies that don't involve Earth have given us a lack of understanding about exactly how MCU Cosmic works outside what we see in the Guardians movies.

Maybe the lack of a Nova Corps. might actually inspire the Guardians to live up to their name in a more official way...
3/10: Yeah, sooner or later, they should address the gigantic power vaccuum created by the destruction of the Nova Corps and the death of Thanos (and presumably splintering of his empire). Maybe it could even be a new 'Wild West' era in space that the Guardians could thrive in or suddenly have a lot of competition.

4/5: Gunn hypes design and visual work being done.

Last edited:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah Marvel did this awesome "let's welcome everyone back to the movies" big trailer showing clips of their previous films and bits about upcoming ones and I'm going to hit the highlights of that here based on the new info we got pertaining to the film. What's the info here?

Guardians 3 is coming May 5th 2023. Yeah obviously this was originally supposed to come out likely July 2020 but because of various VARIOUS reasons it got delayed but yeah we're finally getting it 6 years after the last Guardians movie but hey finally glad to get a release and I have a feeling this one's going to stick as I doubt the issues we've had will delay it again so yeah can't wait for more of this movie to come out.

the greenman

the greenman

Well, there's 2014 Gamora & Nebula dealing with their Daddy issues. Then there's Drax dealing with the fact his vengeance ideology didn't pan out. Not quite sure about Rocket, but I remember reading Gunn said this one would focus on Rockets past.

I would personally love to see a miniseries on the OG Guardians. That was the team I read when I was young.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

the greenman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

there are many parts of my childhood I wish I could erase from my memories. so much bullying. I was mentally, emotionally and physically traumatized. really, my current personality is me trying to reclaim that part of my life.
Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.

Featured Posts