International Disney Networks Thread Part 10

MagiaDiWinx

Bear with me, I can’t properly quote things because the button to do so is covered by an ad and I can’t use Adblock on Apple products.

@Francisque I’ve noticed Scandinavia rerunning Gummi Bears frequently, for years. IIRC it was more popular there than other places.

@Moleoman As I said, some shows with voiceovers got lipsync dubbed for clips in ads only. I wonder if they were also using a UK-based cast there? Wow, imagine if they did full episodes…British Polish dubs.

Rrr

It’s over a month since the “new” channel launched; I already thought it was a mite over the top when they introduced it, but keeping it for so long is really an exaggeration.

Markus Nelis

It’s over a month since the “new” channel launched; I already thought it was a mite over the top when they introduced it, but keeping it for so long is really an exaggeration.
Next week marks two months already. I agree that it's an exaggeration. However it seems they try to inform this as a better Disney Channel than during it's last few years before they temporarily shut down the feed. Luckily the channel really is alive at least. No Disney+ mentions either. That became too annoying.

The promo introduction for new DC is gone now but still during the other promos they say "the brand new super charged Disney Channel". I can understand why. They hype it up as much as they could. I think the text will be gone once the school summer break begins next week. If not then it really is that ridiculous for sure.

TSMetro64

Disney Channel Romania schedule for 27 May - 2 Jun 2024.
DC.png

Movies will be aired every weekend starting 8th June.

Moleoman

It's interesting, that while the "Brother Bear" promo at 0:41 had the then-new movie graphics, the WWoD intro was still used in August 2005.

And at 0:57 there's a version of menu bumper telling what's now on DC and the recently launched Toon Disney.
As I said, some shows with voiceovers got lipsync dubbed for clips in ads only. I wonder if they were also using a UK-based cast there? Wow, imagine if they did full episodes…British Polish dubs.
Given the fact that Disney Channel Scandinavia/MEA/Poland was produced in the UK, dubbing promos in the UK was faster than in the target country, though (probably for quality reasons) on Disney it happened much less frequently than on Cartoon Network or Jetix. Another factor was that the Back to school promo/ad had characters saying lines exclusive to the promo.

Francisque

@Moleoman produced in the UK, but nevertheless still by a Scandinavian team.

Many differences compared to the UK feeds, although not as many compared to France, Germany etc.

I've always liked the UK/Scandinavian approach on the Disney presentation
But in general UK/Scandi beat everyone at that

Everything seems more chill, friendly, minimal (in a good way), using real songs, although at times a bit messy, compared to the back-then stiff Disney Italy presentation with the same voiceover all the time which got so tiring , and also sounded cringy , unnatural and stiff

You could tell in Italy (something in common with Germany too) channel presentation is just something to let inform the viewer and not something creative, therefore bland, "straight forward" as opposite to creative
Add to that presentation in Italy can be overelaborated and childish

Probably @MagiaDiWinx knows what I mean

Last edited:

Walker

Disney Channel Romania schedule for 27 May - 2 Jun 2024.
View attachment 308561

Movies will be aired every weekend starting 8th June.
This schedule flow reminded me of DC Turkey's broadcast between 2015-2022 :(. Didn't have any live action series in Turkey at that time. Sometimes only old series for 1 hour on Fridays was showing. (The Good Luck Charlie, The Pair Of Kings, Soy Luna, Hannah Montana)

Markus Nelis

This schedule flow reminded me of DC Turkey's broadcast between 2015-2022 :(. Didn't have any live action series in Turkey at that time. Sometimes only old series for 1 hour on Fridays was showing. (The Good Luck Charlie, The Pair Of Kings, Soy Luna, Hannah Montana)
DC Scandinavia's situation isn't that better either. In fact live-action is getting reduced to only 50 minutes a day starting next week. I always think DC fits as a balance between both animation and live-action. However it seems they straight up copy what US does. It's crazy how live-action in the US was reduced only because of COVID and people wanted to watch more animation at that time. These are the things that can entirely change their strategy direction.

MagiaDiWinx

DC Scandinavia's situation isn't that better either. In fact live-action is getting reduced to only 50 minutes a day starting next week. I always think DC fits as a balance between both animation and live-action. However it seems they straight up copy what US does. It's crazy how live-action in the US was reduced only because of COVID and people wanted to watch more animation at that time. These are the things that can entirely change their strategy direction.
As I’ve said before, they’re out of touch with what people want. They used to have too much live-action to the point it was exhausting for fans of those shows to watch. Now they’ve done it with cartoons. I really miss when they had a variety of stuff.

PerkyStella

As I’ve said before, they’re out of touch with what people want. They used to have too much live-action to the point it was exhausting for fans of those shows to watch. Now they’ve done it with cartoons. I really miss when they had a variety of stuff.
To be fair, I don't think there's much people clamoring for more live-action Disney Channel content (outside of DCOM's) these days, as the age of Hannah Montana wannabes seem to be long gone by now.

Markus Nelis

DC Scandinavia's schedule is actually very varied. I'm just shocked that live-action got reduced so much. Not a problem though but airing them four hours a day wouldn't be a bad idea. But if animation can carry the channel, then I'm happy. As long as there's still something from live-action airing. Plus new Disney sitcoms are on the way anyway: one is a Raven's Home spin-off and the other is the return of Waverly. So I assume they will have a few more hours of live-action by early next year

MagiaDiWinx

I read that Frozen aired dubbed in Albanian on Disney Channel but there was no source for this. Would anyone know? Albania only had the channel subbed, but Vietnam was also mostly subbed but with dubs for some films…hm…

Francisque

I read that Frozen aired dubbed in Albanian on Disney Channel but there was no source for this. Would anyone know? Albania only had the channel subbed, but Vietnam was also mostly subbed but with dubs for some films…hm…
AFAIK no content has been dubbed in Albanian on DC?

I mean, why would they do a one-off stunt for a channel which is most of the time in English?

It's not how generally things work
Vietnam is different as it had a channel almost either dubbed or subtitled the entire time

MagiaDiWinx

Yeah, Vietnam used subs for most shows, voiceovers for DJ, and occasionally lipsync dubs for theatrical/DTV films (not DCOMs). Interestingly, sometimes they were running the channel in Taiwanese (yes Taiwan is its own feed but they just reuse their dubs instead of a Singaporean/Malaysian dialect redub) Mandarin Chinese…

Markus Nelis

Disney Channel Scandinavia airs Mickey Mouse Funhouse marathon all day Sunday, June 9th to hype up the new Mickey Mouse summer special that same day. It runs from 9:25 to 21:25. 11 hour marathon. Disney Sjov will air between it so my calculation is actually correct. 11 hours = Mickey, 1 hour = Disney Sjov. Total of 12 hours.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy Father's Day!
I swear to God, no one really hates Cartoon Cartoons/CN Studios library more than Warner Bros. Discovery do.
Ultraman Rising is the #6 movie on Netflix Worldwide.
Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Featured Posts