International Nickelodeon Thread Part 13

themidnightlore

That one that banters over Sony TV channels
Another change. TeenNick rebranding ti Nickelodeon Teen...
Like in France, hm... So weird. At least in France, the name has a reason for be like that (Nick sounding similiar to a swear word in French).

Reactions: J10

J10

If I were in their place, I would replace the channel in France with Nicktoons (Nickelodeon Toons), so that I would keep TeenNick as it is in other markets.

Francisque

If I were in their place, I would replace the channel in France with Nicktoons (Nickelodeon Toons), so that I would keep TeenNick as it is in other markets.
The French Nickelodeon Teen is stronger, it would make no sense for it to leave the French market, definitely better performing than the newer launched TeenNick's elsewhere in Europe.

Nevertheless, N. Teen has lost a lot of viewership due to decline of linear TV, but changing it to something else would prove to be even more difficult

fos222

According to the Mavise database there are 2 licences.
These changes only affect the Teen Nick (English) licence.

Screenshot 2024-03-29 123211.jpg

Francisque

TeenNick doesn't broadcast to Germany, nor it's going to, AFAIK

I wouldn't trust 100% Mavise, as often it's not updated properly

Plus, France doesn't have TeenNick in English

fos222

"TeenNick doesn't broadcast to Germany, nor it's going to, AFAIK"
https://rrtv.gov.cz/files/lic/l1114474.pdf
The licence has included Germany since the beginning.

"Plus, France doesn't have TeenNick in English"
This is the reason why the primary language of broadcasting is changed to French.

As you can see in the first picture, the lower TeenNick has been rewritten as Nickelodon Teen.
The second image is a web.archive screenshot of what it looked like before.
Screenshot 2024-03-29 132104.jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 132410.jpg

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Nick CEE opt out still has old logo on CZ. And old bumpers. Same as on NickJr. But there at least new logo was added. Very lame one thing at a time.

Francisque

Of course that has to do a lot of laziness, but also with the CEE team likely not asking for fillers and bumpers to be changed on the Turkish sub-feed, which is likely created by "others" (a small Turkish management)

The Turkish sub-feed is in general though among the messiest things

kanc

Surprised this hasn't posted but
Nickelodeon UK will premiere Zokie of Planet Ruby on Apr 16

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".
Currently being forced to watch the Twilight Saga. Three more 2+ hour films to go.

Help. Me.
If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?

Featured Posts