"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I'm a bit surprised there's nothing announced for this summer, X-Men '97 ends this week and Agatha is in September. On the other hand Disney+ will have some Star Wars stuff in June and I'm not complaining there won't be anything to watch. :p

I admit I am not that familiar with the character but Blonde Phantom seems interesting. It would be a nice change of pace to have another Golden Age show (I think Agent Carter might have been the last for Marvel?). Then they could always follow up on it by brining her into a new season of She-Hulk.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm a bit surprised there's nothing announced for this summer, X-Men '97 ends this week and Agatha is in September. On the other hand Disney+ will have some Star Wars stuff in June and I'm not complaining there won't be anything to watch.
Maybe Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man :)?
I admit I am not that familiar with the character but Blonde Phantom seems interesting. It would be a nice change of pace to have another Golden Age show (I think Agent Carter might have been the last for Marvel?). Then they could always follow up on it by bringing her into a new season of She-Hulk.
We deserve more pulp-y Superhero shows :cool:.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Maybe Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man :)?
It's possible. Unless I missed it they didn't have any animation related news at the presentation. Which is kind of the first thing you'd expect to hear about from a Disney upfront.

For Marvel, the upfront was pretty good. I wasn't expecting new projects to be announced anyway, just premiere dates for stuff we knew was on the way so that worked out well.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm a bit surprised there's nothing announced for this summer, X-Men '97 ends this week and Agatha is in September. On the other hand Disney+ will have some Star Wars stuff in June and I'm not complaining there won't be anything to watch. :p
Could be a result of the shift in strategy. Star Wars will have Acolyte running and they don't want any overlap with a Marvel title and for Marvel Studios they just want to focus on Deadpool & Wolverine in the summer.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I admit I am not that familiar with the character but Blonde Phantom seems interesting. It would be a nice change of pace to have another Golden Age show (I think Agent Carter might have been the last for Marvel?). Then they could always follow up on it by brining her into a new season of She-Hulk.
Presumably they will set this in the 50s, they could totally match the noir/pulp detective vibes of the comics. I'd be done for that. As well as flesh out a hardly explored decade of the MCU.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
An insider claims Hawkeye season 2 has been greenlit, Clint's brother, Barney, will play a major role, and the season will be inspired by The Raid, with Kate and Clint stuck in one location.
That makes sense considering Barney had a role in the second half of the Fraction Hawkeye run.
Hopefully, this means we can finally learn about the history of his relationship with his wife.

Frontier

Staff member
An insider claims Hawkeye season 2 has been greenlit, Clint's brother, Barney, will play a major role, and the season will be inspired by The Raid, with Kate and Clint stuck in one location.
I'd love to see Barney and actually exploring Clints' background instead of it being exclusively Kate's :p.
If we do get a second season I hope they scale things back, bring back her season 1 costume (and mask), and have her actually fight one of her villains :).

Frontier

Staff member

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.

Featured Posts