"Marvel Zombies" (Disney+ Animated Series) News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
09/28/2022:
Via Animation Magazine-

Stellar’s Vancouver Studio is currently working on Marvel Studios series, including multiple seasons of Emmy-nominated What If?… and the recently announced Marvel Zombies.

“Stellar is thrilled to be working in the Marvel Universe with Marvel Studios’ exceptional teams. We are so proud of our team for creating such world class content for our wonderful partners at Marvel,” added co-founder Ferguson.

10/14:
It seems there will only be 4 episodes. At least in the first season, I suppose.

11/29/2023:
Comments from Iman Vellani. Apparently Ms. Marvel will be kind of the main character.

Note the article might contain spoilers for The Marvels.

I hope Iman has fun with the voice acting process and is a natural at it. I don't always love the story and plot surrounding her Ms. Marvel but she's been a burst of sunshine on screen.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
An interview with Bryan Andrews on Marvel.com. Mostly about What If? but towards the end, also addresses Marvel Zombies.

MARVEL.COM: I've got one more question, because there's another animated series coming up, too. We saw some Zombies quickly at the very end of Season 2. Is there anything you can tease about the upcoming Marvel Zombies?

BRYAN ANDREWS: Well, it's going to be pretty awesome. I mean it's TV-MA, it's hardcore. People die. And they die rough. So, there's still some laughs to be found here and there. It's not completely all horrible.

But, you know, we might prop you up with some laughs and some humor and some good times, and then and then we take stuff away. So, it's pretty brutal. There's huge action. There's great emotion. There's drama. There's all of it.

I can't wait for when people finally start to see or tease that stuff. But I just hope we don't give stuff away because I think there's a lot of honest surprises throughout. And I think people going in colder would be a lot better. They'll be beyond surprised when they see some of the crazy stuff we have planned for them.

Frontier

Staff member
An interview with Bryan Andrews on Marvel.com. Mostly about What If? but towards the end, also addresses Marvel Zombies.

MARVEL.COM: I've got one more question, because there's another animated series coming up, too. We saw some Zombies quickly at the very end of Season 2. Is there anything you can tease about the upcoming Marvel Zombies?

BRYAN ANDREWS: Well, it's going to be pretty awesome. I mean it's TV-MA, it's hardcore. People die. And they die rough. So, there's still some laughs to be found here and there. It's not completely all horrible.

But, you know, we might prop you up with some laughs and some humor and some good times, and then and then we take stuff away. So, it's pretty brutal. There's huge action. There's great emotion. There's drama. There's all of it.

I can't wait for when people finally start to see or tease that stuff. But I just hope we don't give stuff away because I think there's a lot of honest surprises throughout. And I think people going in colder would be a lot better. They'll be beyond surprised when they see some of the crazy stuff we have planned for them.
I hope there's a better balance between the humor and the horror than there was in the What If episode.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I keep seeing quotes about them trying to honor the comics, etc. With a full series to develop the property, I wonder if they would try harder to take more from the comics like the zombies ability to speak and retain their intelligence.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If Dick Dastardly ever returns in a SCOOB! sequel, I am sure he will be voiced by Mike Pollock. What do you think?
Twitter remains super toxic, I do not recommend spending more time on there than you have to. I have friends on there, but meh.
Today marks the 25th Year Anniversary of when the Original Game of the Super Smash Bros. Franchise was released in North America. It's quite surreal to see how far Nintendo's All-Star Battle Royale Franchise has come since its early days.
I watched the first episode of Yuru Camp this morning on a whim, though I did have slight influence from a Twitter friend who really likes it. Can't believe I waited until now to give it a shot, because I really enjoyed it.
I've said this before, but the Ignore button is a life saver.

Featured Posts