"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
No word on my area yet in Sacramento. Though regular MeTV is KCRA 3.2 with it’s main channel being the NBC station.

It’s likely MeTV Toons will get carried by KCRA or it’s sister KQCA 58 which is the CW/MyNetworkTV affiliate. KQCA which used to be the WB then turned to MyNetworkTV got affiliated with the CW last year but still carries the MyNetworkTV branding when not airing CW shows.

KQCA doesn’t have as many subchannels as KCRA so likely MeTV Toons will air on KQCA.

Gershon1

Banned
Since Warner-Discovery is putting all it's old time cartoons on Me TV Toons, it leaves three words; what about Boomerang?

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Since Warner-Discovery is putting all it's old time cartoons on Me TV Toons, it leaves three words; what about Boomerang?
They can have things on more than on channel. It happens all the time for live-action shows, one can watch Friends on more than one channel. Boomerang can still exist with Me TV Toons. Plus they don't own METV Toons and still own Boomerang they can co-exist.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
Like I said before, I don't think Boomerang is in danger. MeTV Toons will act as a companion piece to Boomerang. Not a replacement. If people don't have Boomerang (especially Comcast customers), you can get MeTV Toons, and vice versa. Boomerang will continue on for a while.

I know I keep insisting on it many times, but I don't care, with everything has been going on with Checkered Past, I would rather have Adult Swim just dissolve the block altogether, and have CN Classics being moved over to MeTV Toons. If Cartoon Network, Max, and Boomerang doesn’t care about CN's back catalog anymore, I would rather have someone like MeTV who actually does care.

I’m just so tired of WBD treating their own CN back catalog like this. Cartoon Cartoons are just as important to WB as Hanna Barbara and Looney Tunes was. So I want to give them attention.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
JMTV said:
Me neither. I haven’t heard MeTV Toons is coming to South Florida yet.
^Ditto here in Maryland.

MeTV Toons is supposed to come to streaming eventually, but there's no word on exactly when.

Gershon1 said:

There's no law stating that WBD can only air its shows on 1 place at a time. Look at how many stations air reruns of Seinfeld, Friends or The Big Bang Theory. They can do whatever they want with the shows that they own. Also MeTV Toons is OTA TV, not cable. WBD likely is thinking that more people will be willing to watch MeTV Toons because it's free, while Boomerang is only available as a digital extra that's several cable/satellite providers don't carry.

Last edited:

Zorak Masaki

I was just thinking, since some of the cartoons here are based off of (still-living) celebrities/live action properties (Mr. T, Police Academy), maybe they could get them to do some commercial spots for the channel. I doubt Mr. T or Bob Goldthwait (I know he didnt actually voice Zed on the cartoon, but he is associated with the character) are that expensive to get. Heck, you could even get Brad Garrett (Big Dog from 2 Stupid Dogs).

harry580

If watch Better Call Saul, Saul show up at Kettleman's house and Saul said all money is gone, so Craig and Betsy was like oh no, and they told Saul to stay here and go watch cartoons on Boomerang. What's useful channel in 2002.

Just kidding, lol.
that would be a good episode of that

Zorak Masaki

Some ideas for potential blocks:

Giant Robot Hour: Go-Bots and Frankenstein Jr. (I know the Go-Bots are actually cyborgs, but work with me here)

The big Bow-Wow: 2 Hour block with Scooby Doo, Huckleberry Hound, 2 Stupid Dogs, and Hong Kong Phooey.

Space Heroes: Space Ghost and Silverhawks

Back to nature: Compilation of shorts which take place in the woods/outdoors.

harry580

You gets Capri-Sun, Sierra Mist and Lunchables All Star with soda with free 90 days access to Boomerang, j/k. :D

Of course, 2000s was cool decade.
reminded me of the papa johns deals where if you pay coupon to get pizza & a soda, you get a a dvd of a movie (ice age & Indiana jones comes to mind)

anyways, off topic back to the main topic

ToonDude03

“Heavens to Murgatroyd!”
Some ideas for potential blocks:

Giant Robot Hour: Go-Bots and Frankenstein Jr. (I know the Go-Bots are actually cyborgs, but work with me here)

The big Bow-Wow: 2 Hour block with Scooby Doo, Huckleberry Hound, 2 Stupid Dogs, and Hong Kong Phooey.

Space Heroes: Space Ghost and Silverhawks

Back to nature: Compilation of shorts which take place in the woods/outdoors.
Those all sound like really great ideas for blocks! MeTV is known for having their lineup categorized by blocks, such as Most Wanted Westerns, Super Sci-Fi Saturdays, etc. Boomerang in its' prime did that too with Boomeraction, Boomerang Zoo, Those Meddling Kids, etc.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
My block ideas, which will likely NEVER make it to reality, alongside my fantasy schedule ideas:
  • Toon Theater - Since we've confirmed movies and specials will be airing on the network, why not? Airing weekend nights at 8 PM. The film lineup includes:
    • A Boy Named Charlie Brown and Snoopy Come Home, which MeTV already airs occasionally
    • The Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10, and HB's other TV movies
    • Hey There, It's Yogi Bear!
    • The Man Called Flintstone
    • The Looney Tunes compilation films
    • Magic Boy
    • The Phantom Tollbooth
    • Twice Upon a Time, from 1983
    • Gay Purr-ee
    • 1001 Arabian Nights, with Mr. Magoo
  • Me-Teor - The action block. Every cartoon channel worth its salt needs an action block! CN had Toonami, Boomerang had Boomeraction, Toon Disney had Jetix, and even Nicktoons had Lazer Awesome. This will run primarily from 3 to 7 PM on weekdays, alongside a Saturday block running from 10 AM-8 PM. The weekday lineup is as follows:
    • 2 PM: Captain Planet and the Planeteers (x2) (E/I)
    • 3 PM: The Underdog Show (yes, action-comedy will be included. Expect Freakazoid on the Saturday lineup.)
    • 3:30 PM: The Mask: Animated Series
    • 4 PM: The Real Ghostbusters
    • 4:30 PM: Xiaolin Showdown
    • 5 PM: "Super Adventures" - aka: Space Ghost, Dino Boy, Birdman, Galaxy Trio, Moby Dick, Mighty Mightor, Shazzan, Herculoids, The Thing, Teen Force, Fleischer Superman, Frankenstein Jr., The Impossibles, Atom Ant... just a big hodgepodge of short-form action and action-comedy.
    • 6 PM: Jonny Quest (including both the 1964 original and the 1980s New Adventures)
    • 6:30 PM: Speed Racer
  • Mini-Me - The preschool-adjacent block. Airing weekday mornings, alongside Saturday mornings from 7-10 AM (to counterprogram MeTV's existing Saturday block). The weekday lineup is as follows:
    • 9 AM: The Smurfs (x2)
    • 10 AM: The Flintstone Kids
    • 10:30 AM: Tom and Jerry Kids
    • 11 AM: Baby Looney Tunes (E/I)
    • 11:30 AM: Krypto the Superdog (E/I)
  • ObscuriToons - Running from 12-6 AM on weeknights, this is the home for more obscure and oddball series like Pac-Man, Police Academy, Wait Till Your Father Gets Home, and Challenge of the Go-Bots. Also included will be an hour-long series of the same name for obscure animated shorts, including "beloved" characters like Cool Cat, The Captain and the Kids, and The Beary Family.
  • Unnamed Primetime Lineup - 7 PM to 12 midnight on weeknights, this is essentially the home to the best and brightest MeTV Toons has to offer.
    • 7 PM: The Scooby-Doo Hour - an hour-long compilation block like MeTV's Saturday Morning lineup likes to do, this is comprised of... pretty much everything Scooby-Doo up until at least 2000. This includes the original Where Are You to the hour-long New Scooby-Doo Movies to the Scrappy years to A Pup Named Scooby-Doo.
    • 8 PM: The Short Stack - The "Toon In with Me" of MeTV Toons. Since I'm kind of focusing more on series with all the fantasy schedule stuff I'm cranking out, this will make up for that. This will be the ultimate selection of shorts from all across MeTV Toons' reach. Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Droopy, Woody Woodpecker, Mr. Magoo, Casper, Mighty Mouse... the works. This can even include shorts airing in other blocks, like Superman, Space Ghost, and Betty Boop (though we're not to her yet). Even short segments of usually half-hour shows, like the 11-minute segments of Wacky Races, or Dudley Do-Right from Rocky and Bullwinkle. Anything goes. No rules.
    • 9 PM: The Flintstones
    • 9:30 PM: The Jetsons
    • 10 PM: The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show
    • 10:30 PM: Beetlejuice - cause there's a sequel film coming up this year, and it's got 65 episodes already. Besides, it's a good show.
    • 11 PM: Late Night Black and White - Like The Short Stack, but without color. This will be home to Betty Boop and the Fleischer gang, B&W Popeye and Looney Tunes, and a TON of public domain shorts- including the early works of one Michael Mortimer Mouse.
  • Supermarionation Station - Technically confirmed already, a late-night Saturday block dedicated to the works of Gerry Anderson. Essentially, MeTV Toons' answer to the mothership's Super Sci-Fi Saturday Night.
    • 10 PM: Thunderbirds
    • 11 PM: Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons
    • 11:30 PM: Stingray
    • 12 AM: Fireball XL-5
    • 12:30 AM: Supercar
    • 1 AM: Joe 90
    • 1:30 AM: Terrahawks (even though it's not a Supermarionation show)
  • Sunday Funday - A 3-hour marathon, Sunday evenings from 5 to 8 PM, that can be about... anything. From Bugs Bunny to Bullwinkle, from Gandy Goose to the Go-Bots... anything goes.
  • Those Meddling Kids - Sundays from 12-3 PM. An hour of Scooby-Doo and two hours of its knockoffs.
Also of note, while Weigel usually has a 65-episode minimum for weekday syndication, I'm lowering it to around 40 ("around" being a show could even be below that if it's at least close)

Last edited:

powergate92

Power Rangers and Stargate fan
So today's episode of Toon in with Me has an interesting theme to it as they discussed toys that became cartoons. As I was watching it tonight on MeTV+ I have to wonder if any of these shows will air on MeTV Toons. Only one they mentioned which is confirmed is GoBots. On a side note, I noticed 4 out of 5 of today's cartoon shorts were Merrie Melodies/Looney Tunes.

Here are the Toy/Cartoons they talked about:

Toys that became Cartoons segments:
Care Bears
The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin
G.I. Joe
GoBots

Mr. Quizzer which came first, Toy or Cartoon segment:
Transformers
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
He-Man

Arcade Charade segment:
Saturday SuperCade, which they mentioned featured Donkey Kong, Mario, and Frogger.

1000008645.jpg
1000008647.jpg

1000008650.jpg
1000008652.jpg

Mandouga

@ Tacomaster: the 65-episode minimum you talked about, is actually an FCC thing…for new shows, anyway. I guess Weigel could be choosing to do that as well.

As for the Saturday Supercade mention, “Donkey Kong, Mario, and Frogger” is a little inaccurate. Mario is in the Donkey Kong segment (which is said to be owned by Universal along with the Donkey Kong Jr segment, but that sounds like a rumor to me…).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
@ Tacomaster: the 65-episode minimum you talked about, is actually an FCC thing…for new shows, anyway. I guess Weigel could be choosing to do that as well.

As for the Saturday Supercade mention, “Donkey Kong, Mario, and Frogger” is a little inaccurate. Mario is in the Donkey Kong segment (which is said to be owned by Universal along with the Donkey Kong Jr segment, but that sounds like a rumor to me…).

There's no FCC rules on show episodes amounts.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid

Coincidentally, it is Universal that owns the Mario movie rights now.

Kooplecrap Me

Cartoonist, Researcher, Inactive YouTuber
I contacted KMBC, a station in Kansas City that carries MeTV as one of their subchannels, asking if they would also be carrying MeToons. I didn't get a response til 8am, and I read that the station isn't planning on carrying the channel at this time. I think the Kansas City area might be screwed

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I contacted KMBC, a station in Kansas City that carries MeTV as one of their subchannels, asking if they would also be carrying MeToons. I didn't get a response til 8am, and I read that the station isn't planning on carrying the channel at this time. I think the Kansas City area might be screwed
Hearst could be working on deals but can't tell anyone, any deals with KMBC would at corporate level. Gray, which owns KCTV and KSMO, might also be making a deal, I think some Gray low power stations are picking it up ,and they have a relationship with Weigel in carriage deals. The Great no-go zones would WDAF- there's no way on Earth Nexstar is going to make a deal for a METV branded channel , METV goes against Antenna and Rewind (which KC has, jealous) so nope. And KCMI/KSHB which are Scripps and Scripps has their own things that or Weigel would have to pay them like the shopping channels they pick up do.

Everything takes time and money, so give it that, hope for the best.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I e-mailed both MeTV affiliates in my area (WCVB and WMUR) and got no response. They’re both owned by Hearst, so if deals are being made at the corporate level, then I guess they didn’t have anything they could respond with.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Inside Out 2 is gonna be doing huge box office numbers.

Here's adult animation category ballot for Emmy Awards 2024. I'm hoping that Praise Petey will get in the final line-up.

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Featured Posts