Panels of the week (ongoing discussion)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Panel from Random House's Jon issue 1 (January 1976, first comic strip appearance of Garfield and his owner Jon Arbuckle).
jon-8-january-1976-and-garfield-19-june-1978-v0-qpz7jruvslob1.png

Panel from United Feature's Peanuts issue 17897 (February 2000, last comic strip of the series focusing on Charlie Brown).
GGBr-45XMAAXkKV.png

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Panel from Dark Horse's Star Wars: Dark Empire issue 1 (December 1991, first Star Wars comic book from Dark Horse).
23_17.jpg

Panel from IDW's Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Space Between issue 1 (January 2007, first Star Trek comic book from IDW).
RCO004_1474084777.jpg

stephane dumas

From Dick Tracy's April 27th Saturday strip, B.O. Plenty won a car at a contest and show his car to Junior, the Batmobile or as B.O. would said, the "Hatmobile".
1714216809406.png

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Enjoyed the Graphic Novels Jacky Ha-Ha and Jacky Ha-Ha My Life is a Joke. Might even get my own copies later this year.

Adapations of novels, they both start in the present with Jacqueline "Jacky" Hart telling her daughters of a story from her childhood when she was their age.

And both recaps start with a summation of the year in question. So her take on 1990 and 1991:
1753d53a.jpg
0e715768.jpg

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Panel from DC's Teen Titans: Earth One issue 1 (January 2015, first comic focusing on the DC team from the Earth One universe).
RCO133_1475720767.jpg

Panel from Marvel's Ultimate X-Men (2024) issue 1 (May 2024, first comic focusing on the Marvel team from the new Ultimate universe).
Ultimate X-Men 001 (2024) (Digital) (Shan-Empire)-026.jpg

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Panel from Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog issue 252 (October 2013, first issue set in the post-Super Genesis Wave continuity following said event occurring in the previous issue that concluded the Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide storyline).
RCO005.jpg

Panel from IDW's Jem and the Holograms issue 1 (March 2015, first issue for the comic book reboot of the Hasbro animated series of the same name).
p16_2.jpg

Antiyonder

Staff member
Speaking of Mega Man, The Return of Dr. Wily Part 4- Charge of the Light Brigade in #12, we get the "reveal" that Dr. Wily is really an alien from outer space:
62773632.jpg

ea658f7d.jpg

Or not.
1e8eb3b5.jpg

That song is actually Kaze yo Tsutaete a secret Karaoke song about Roll from the Japanese version of Mega Man Battle & Chase, some Marvel VS Capcom installments and other games.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I always thought the "green alien" version (the final boss from Mega Man 2) was Dr. Wily mutating himself into some sort of robot/human/monster hybrid.

Antiyonder

Staff member
I always thought the "green alien" version (the final boss from Mega Man 2) was Dr. Wily mutating himself into some sort of robot/human/monster hybrid.
If nothing else:
A. Wily uses a robot double in MM 3 to face Mega Man in Skull Castle Stage 5.

B. And crossing paths with aliens in Mega Man V (Game Boy), Mega Man 8, plus Super Adventure Rockman and of course the Archie Comics stories we did get.

Am I bitter that the book ended much too soon/at all? Oh yeah!

Antiyonder

Staff member
Speaking of the Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man crossover, the eventual villain betrayal happens when Wily finds out that Dr. Eggman tried to kill Dr. Light cause he wants his rival humbled, not dead.

But unlike Sonic, Mega Man did restore his world entirely and no remnant of the Genesis Wave left. Save for Break Man's prior attack damage being undone. Everyone forgot. Or did they?
c390b707.jpg

Antiyonder

Staff member
Sonic the Hedgehog #250, Part 9 of Worlds Collide: All-Out War, Sonic and Mega Man, plus their allies VS a whole lot of Robot Masters:

cb0bed5e.jpg

MM 11 wasn't planned yet, but all Robot Masters from:
- Mega Man 2-10
- Mega Man The Wily Wars
- Mega Man & Bass
- Rockman & Forte: Challenger From the Future (Japanese exclusive and implied for inclusion with a silhouette with Compass Man as Capcom isn't allowed to use the new characters from it.)

The first 8 Masters actually come to aid the rest of the Heroes in Part 12.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My reaction to PAW Patrol and Rubble & Crew airing on Nick on Saturday mornings:

Nick News short, from upcoming episode today youtube nickelodeon uploaded

Once again, quoted for the truth.
My reaction that TeenNick is airing The Tiny Chef Show:
Hey, Multiversus: Enough of the freaking villains already. Give us Daffy Duck!

Featured Posts