Rank The Total Drama Seasons

ShadowBeast

With the new "spin-off" coming this year, I'd figure it would be a good time to ask everyone rank the seasons from their favorite to least favorite seasons. This also includes the Ridonculous Race. Just remember to explain why you like or hate the seasons.

Fantastic
1.Total Drama Island: Being the first season, Of course it would be the best season (which is often the case). The characters are all stereotypes, but they were likable and well written. The season itself had a level of realism kept in, that made the show not go into a level of ridiculousness. The season was definitely far more entertaining than real teen reality shows.

2.Total Drama Word Tour: This one is a close tie with TDI. I loved the change of scenery and the songs. Characters like Heather and Cody got character development big-time. Heather actually became very likable. The only downside is Bridgette's quick elimination and DJ's character going downhill into a full-on coward.

3. Total Drama The Ridonculous Race: I'm glad I gave this one a chance. It gave the same vibe of greatness of TDWT along with a mostly new cast of characters. Shame the Goths didn't win though. The elimination scenes with the characters was a nice touch with most of them not too bothered by their eliminations.

Good
4. Total Drama Action: This one was not as good as TDI and TDWT. It lost some level of realism, which was seen almost right away with Owen opening his mouth in a cartoony way to eat the fake food. Beth getting into the finals wasn't exactly good since she just wasn't a "main character"-type. The fact that she kept talking about her boyfriend made her almost as annoying as Courtney during the season. The season also felt like CartoonNetwork was taking control since the season had less for CN to censor.

Horrendous
5. Total Drama Revenge of the Island: Taking place on a radiated island was a horrible idea. Dakota did not deserve to be turned into a mutant either. Only a few of the characters were likable. This season was just bad.

6. Total Drama All Stars: And here I thought they couldn't make a season worse than TDROTI. All Stars was just beyond bad. The villain Mal had potential, but even he had trouble with Chris's challenges, which actually made him look less like a threat. Gwen and Duncan's characterization went down the tubes big time. TDI's Gwen would have never cared about being called a villain. Ending the season with two lovebirds going for the money takes away the drama since no matter who gets the money, they'll most likely split it.

Can't Judge
7. Total Drama Pahkitew Island: After All-Stars, I didn't even bother watching this season.

zajgrg

1. Total Drama Island: I mean, a pretty obvious pick here. First one in the series, introduced at the time novel concept of animated reality shows (I know there were some before it but this one actually did it justice). All the contestants were memorable in some way, complete of course with Chris and Chef. Undisputable winner, well for me at least :D.

2. Total Drama: The Ridonculous Race: Same as @ShadowBeast, I am reaaally glad that I checked this one out one night when I was bored. Take on the Amazing Race, but much better for me. Winners at the end were ehhhh, I did not root for them, and Dan even though not as good as Chris was still really good. Just loved the entire journey overall.

You can even consider for 2 and 3 to be tied when i think about it.

3. Total Drama World Tour: This one IMO is almost the same in terms of quality as TRR for me, but TRR wins by a small margin and it is still somewhaaat fresh, while I haven't seen WT since it ended. It is although better than Action in many things. Almost the same cast from the original going over the world doing challenges involving the culture of a certain nation, I don't know about others but count me in :D. Breaking into songs and eliminations because of it that never happened were pretty fun.

4. Total Drama Action: Don't have a lot to say about this one actually, all TDI characters had appearances in some form.
The old film lot and the challenges were interesting, nothing too special, overall a mediocre season for me if not for the characters.

Next three are practically the same for me, not particularly fond of them to be honest, all have their flaws.

Revenge of the Island: Completely new characters, Chris lent the island to Mr. Burns or someone :D and it got radiated and full of toxic material. Bad to average season, poor Wawanakwa :D.

All Stars: Mishmash of old and new characters which didn't make sense to me, only ruined some of the oldies, and the whole Heroes vs. Villains didn't click with me.

Pahkitew Island: Easily the best of the trio, because it wasn't actuallly bad. The problem was that there was nothing special for me to the season. New characters on a new island (which was pretty cool, one thing I really liked was the Cannon of Shame) but that's it. Just go watch the original while you're at it :D.

ToonJay723

Staff member
1. Total Drama Island

The most memorable season in the series. They made sure to keep the interesting and well developed characters for as long as possible and get rid of most of the non interesting characters as soon as possible. I really liked seeing the interactions between different characters.

2. Total Drama World Tour

An improvement from Action. The elimination don't feel contrived, and there's was lots of suspense. They were able to make a character so despicable that you wanted Heather to win. Too bad she didn't.

3. Total Drama Action

This is an okay season. I felt the eliminations were contrived. They got rid of most of the interesting characters so early. Justin, who never did anything in the first season, suddenly turns into a bad guy. And the final showdown was nothing to write home about.

4. Total Drama All Stars

Pretty forgettable. Like I don't remember what happened in it, so it was probably just mediocre.

5. Total Drama Revenge of the Island

I didn't this one. The only characters I liked were Dawn, Zoey, and Mike. All the other characters were one dimensional archetypes. And I didn't find any of their interactions interesting.

6. Total Drama Pahkitew Island

It was so terrible, I stopped watching a few episodes in. And I didn't even bother with the Ridiculous Race, the franchise was clearly going downhill.

EdCNPowerpuffDrama

1) Total Drama World Tour - Definitely the season with the most amount of drama and strategy going on. Almost everyone in the merge tried to really get rid of someone and get ahead in the game. The 3 new characters were very fun and a breath of fresh air. The songs made the season stand out from the rest, and most of them were very catchy. One negative thing I have to say about this season is Ezekiel and what the show did to him, although the Lord of the Rings reference with him at the end was genius. I also liked the Love Triangle, as unpopular as that may sound.

2) Total Drama Action - Definitely the funniest season, and most of the characters were at their best in this season. Harold, Leshawna, Lindsay, Beth, Duncan and Justin were very funny characters. This is the only season with no fodders. Every cast member had a purpose, and weren't just there to get eliminated. One negative thing about the season is Owen's pointless return. It wasn't necessary at all.

3) Total Drama The RIdonculous Race - It was just enjoyable, but not as enjoyable as Action and World Tour. I liked how unexpected this season turned out to be.

4) Total Drama Island - Great adult jokes and introduction to the first generation, but there are a lot of continuity errors, fodders, and very poorly written eliminations (Lindsay's for example). Heather was also a pretty avarage antagonist. Fun to watch, but had to be saved way too many times with no logical explanations. The writing in this season really wasn't as good as people make it out to be.

5) Total Drama Revenge of the Island - Great cast, stupid theme. Chris also became really unlikeable here, and not in a funny way.

6) Total Drama Pahkitew Island - It had a very one-note cast, and Chris was still very unlikeable. I did like how this season was more similar to Survivor than any other season of the show with the cast having to find food for themselves and sleeping outside.

7) Total Drama All Stars - It had some good jokes, but most of the characters were derailed. There way way too many missed opportunities. The elimination device was just stupid and face-palm worthy and the death of camp wawanakwa.. no comment. Didn't like this one at all.

Last edited:

Asa

Since the upcoming second spin-off, Total Drama Daycare (or Total Daycare Drama as CN likes to call it) is premiering this year and now we will have to wait again for an announcement for a actual sixth season of the original universe (it could probably be announced either this year or next year), here are my rankings and opinions of the show.

1. Total Drama Island: The season that STARTED IT ALL! It is by far, a great parody of Survivor and the idea of teen contestants that are banished to a ramshackle summer camp in the Ontario wilderness, competing for a big cash prize by enduring increasingly outrageous challenges is a great fresh start. Overall, best season in the franchise. (10/10)

2. Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race 1: A great parody of The Amazing Race. The theme song is pretty catchy and this is the season that introduced us to Don, a consummate host who looks so handsome and is a little similar to Chris, except he never let his contestants go feral, never turned some island into a dump, and is actually caring to his contestants. The teams are pretty cool like the Best Friends, the Sisters, the Fashion Bloggers, and the Goths. Even the locations and challenges are cool too. A great way to start a spin-off to a great franchise and would love to see another season of this in the future. (9/10)

3. Total Drama World Tour: The third season that saw fifteen contestants plus two new faces that chased each other around the globe in challenges that pushed their tiny little brains to their limits. This was yet another great season. Most of the songs the contestants sang were catchy, some contestants that didn't get to play a major role in TDI like Tyler and Cody shined this season and the two newcomers were great. Great followup to the first two. (8/10)

4. Total Drama Action: A good follow-up to Total Drama Island. This time however, the contestants were taken to a dilapidated film-lot to compete for $1 million. The season's challenges were based off movies and this season introduced the Aftermaths, hosted by the blonde couple, Bridgette and Geoff. This season was good but it did share it's flaws. (7/10)

5. Total Drama: Revenge of the Island: It was TDI all over again, expect Camp Wawanakwa was now transformed into a toxic waste dump full of genetic-altering toxic waste. The season featured thirteen new contestants which were deliberately flawed to the fandom, some are likable like Brick and Dawn, some are not. It was also a short season, meaning instead of 26 episodes, it was only 13 episodes. It was also the first short season of the series. The next two would follow. Fair but still a good season (6/10)

6. Total Drama All-Stars: The most hated season of all time but to me I found it alright. The season had its share of good moments like Chris still being sadistic as he was in the previous seasons, Heather and Alejandro's relationship, Lightning and Jo's conflict, the cast was good the way it was, the ridiculous flush of shame which I know sounds pretty stupid for a elimination device, Chef losing his mind when Chris was kidnapped, etc. And I do agree the season had it's flaws because I know the plots came and went too quickly, the reset button thing was bad, and most of the contestants were treated like a punching bag. And Christine Thompson, the producer of Fresh TV, knew these flaws and she said that the IRL TD staff should've spent more time on certain stories like Gwen and Courtney and focus less on others like Mike and Zoey and she said if TDAS was 26 episodes, it would've helped which I totally agree with. She also said the season had plots that didn't feel flushed out enough for sure. The people in the TD fandom were unhappy with the way the characters got treated but she at least told us that the goal of this season was for the TD writers to have certain characters grow, change, and reveal sides of their personalities that the show hasn't seen before, not completely change or derail any character, especially for Courtney, heck Christine doesn't even hate her. Decent season but could've done better (5/10).

6. Total Drama: Pahkitew Island: Most people in the fandom treat this as season six, which is actually the second half of season five. Similar to ROTI, the series had yet another new cast which were again deliberately flawed to the fandom, some are likable like Sky, Shawn, and Jasmine, some are not like Leonard. The tech-island is a lot bigger than Camp Wawanakwa ever was, though it did share several elements to it. Like with TDAS, the season also shared it's good moments and had it's flaws but it was alright to me. This could likely be the last season to consist of 13 episodes since the fandom found the idea of the plots to go too quick. Like TDAS, it was a decent and good season but it could've done better (5/10).

My final rankings:

1. TDI (10/10)
2. TDRR1 (9/10)
3. TDWT (8/10)
4. TDA (7/10)
5. TDROTI (6/10)
6. TDAS (5/10)
7. TDPI (5/10)

mqg96

1. Total Drama Island

2. Total Drama World Tour

3. Total Drama Action

ShadowBeast

3. Total Drama Action

This is an okay season. I felt the eliminations were contrived. They got rid of most of the interesting characters so early. Justin, who never did anything in the first season, suddenly turns into a bad guy. And the final showdown was nothing to write home about.
There was also the effort in trying to make Gwen look bad even though she did nothing wrong. But Beth as one of the finalist was definitely a bad idea since she wasn't really a likable or interesting character (her constant "boyfriend" reminders were just annoying). I think Lindsay would've made a far better finalist since she's likable and she did rise up into a competent competitor during TDA. Plus I like the idea of her competing against Duncan since that one time in TDI when Duncan was against her in the skiing challenge.

4. Total Drama All Stars

Pretty forgettable. Like I don't remember what happened in it, so it was probably just mediocre.
I wish I could forget that awful season.

6. Total Drama Pahkitew Island

It was so terrible, I stopped watching a few episodes in. And I didn't even bother with the Ridiculous Race, the franchise was clearly going downhill.
I'd recommend The Ridonculous. Unlike All Stars,Pahkitew Island, and Revenge of the Island, the Ridonculous was very well praised and very well written.

7) Total Drama All Stars - It had some good jokes, but most of the characters were derailed. There way way too many missed opportunities. The elimination device was just stupid and face-palm worthy and the death of camp wawanakwa.. no comment. Didn't like this one at all.
I totally agree. Gwen and Duncan were way derailed, Gwen has far better friends than to be worried about Courtney, Mal was a huge missed opportunity and wasn't Wawanaka actually part of the mainland? Except for who the winner ends up being, Total Drama is suppose to have continuity.

IntoTheMultiverse

There was also the effort in trying to make Gwen look bad even though she did nothing wrong. But Beth as one of the finalist was definitely a bad idea since she wasn't really a likable or interesting character (her constant "boyfriend" reminders were just annoying). I think Lindsay would've made a far better finalist since she's likable and she did rise up into a competent competitor during TDA. Plus I like the idea of her competing against Duncan since that one time in TDI when Duncan was against her in the skiing challenge.

I'd recommend The Ridonculous. Unlike All Stars,Pahkitew Island, and Revenge of the Island, the Ridonculous was very well praised and very well written.

I totally agree. Gwen and Duncan were way derailed, Gwen has far better friends than to be worried about Courtney, Mal was a huge missed opportunity and wasn't Wawanaka actually part of the mainland? Except for who the winner ends up being, Total Drama is suppose to have continuity.

"Total Drama" was actually better with Don as the host, even after when Chris crossed the line in TDPI for what he did to Shawn and Sky.

Bigawesome2000

1. Total Drama Island
Iconic
2. Total Drama Action
Underrated
3. Revenge of the Island
Decent
4. Ridonculous Race
Decent
5. Pahkitew
OK
6. World Tour
This might sound crazy, but I have never been a fan of this season. I always thought the songs overshadowed the actual story. I do have to give it some credit though for introducing likeable characters like Alejandro and Sierra. I also liked the story of this season
7. All-Stars
I haven’t really watched this season but from what I’ve seen it’s not that enjoyable. I don’t like how the network wanted to see what would happen if Duncan and Gwen were together. I honestly liked the Duncney couple instead. All in all, Total Drama was not at the top of its game this season.

KeldeoKitty

Slacker Musketeer
From favorite to least favorite:

Action (It was my favorite because of the movie settings)
Island/Revenge
World Tour

I haven’t seen the rest. I lost interest after Revenge.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
nick.com has banner (since past few weeks) has KCA 2024 on July 13 at 8pm. But no further news, nor any promos for it yet.

I thought Nick would get new promos for other shows or new episodes, but still NOTHING.
Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.
Whenever I watch the RiffTrax version of The Apple, I get that "Hey, Hey, Hey, BIM's on the way!" song stuck in my head.

Plus, Alfie and Bibi's love song sounds kind of like the He-man/She-Ra song "I Have the Power".

Featured Posts