Should Williams Street take over Cartoon Network in order to make it the best place for cartoons with the schedule and the lineup of new originals?

Yes, Do it Now

• No, Leave It for Now

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Ok

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
I think they should take over Cartoon Network with how they did a wonderful job of both Adult Swim and Toonami in the past and present in terms of scheduling and branding. Williams Street is a great studio with lots of potential to make Cartoon Network the best place for cartoons with new and old IPs, acquired shows such as Totally Spies, Total Drama Island and Jade Armour. Make This Happen, David, Make it happen please,
Thank You Everyone who read this post. Take Care Now, Bang.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I thought Williams Street was just part of Adult Swim? Adult Swim and CN are already run by the same people.

PinkieLopBun

That's so interesting!
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
But, I thought Williams Street was only for Toonami and Adult Swim
I didn't say they were running CN. I was saying CN and Adult Swim were run by the same people. For the record, I don't consider myself and expert on this subject. What I do know is that Michael Ouweleen is president of both (not sure if they share any more staff) and the Williams Street is a studio that makes stuff for Adult Swim and Toonami.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are one and the same; the two aren't separate entities, nor do they operate independently from one another. They're the same people; they're only treated as separate networks for ratings and branding purposes. Williams Street is just a studio that operates within Cartoon Network, and they're both under Warner Bros Discovery. Williams Street can't take over Cartoon Network any more than Nick @ Nite could take over Nickelodeon, so the question is moot.

Last edited:
Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are one and the same; the two aren't separate entities, nor do they operate independently from one another. They're the same people; they're only treated as separate networks for ratings and branding purposes. Williams Street is just a studio that operates within Cartoon Network, and they're both under Warner Bros Discovery. Williams Street can't take over Cartoon Network any more than Nick @ Nite could take over Nickelodeon, so the question is moot.
But Williams Street used to make stuff for Cartoon Network in the past

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
^^They still do, technically. They use the Williams Street name to differentiate between Adult Swim's programming and Cartoon Network's. Williams Street is just part of Adult Swim and Toonami, they're all just ust part of Cartoon Network and WB owns them all. I don't know if there are separate staffs but Williams Street is not separate from Cartoon Network nor does it operate independently from it. Williams Street can't take over CN because they're run by the same people operating under the same corporation, WBD. Michael Ouleween is president of both CN and AS, and Warner Bros Television owns both.

Expecting Williams Street to one day take over Cartoon Network is like expecting CosMcs to take over McDonald's one day.

Last edited:
Is it that Williams Street is a creative studio that produces bumpers and blocks for both networks and getting music from indie artists on both AS and CN

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I've explained this to you as best as I can. I don't know how much clearer I can make it. The internet is your friend; a quick search can tell you who owns what and how they operate.

JMTV

The Adorkable One.
I really don't know what you mean by that since William Street is under the same boat as Cartoon Network Studios and Warner Bros Animation since they are all under Warner Bros Television Group.

I really don't know what you mean by that since William Street is under the same boat as Cartoon Network Studios and Warner Bros Animation since they are all under Warner Bros Television Group.
They can just combine both CN and AS together under a unified branding to transform their network into a general entertainment channel

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Warner Media wants to keep Cartoon Network and Adult Swim under separate labels for advertising purposes. AS can get the kinds of sponsors that wouldn't advertise on CN and vice-versa.
They can just combine both CN and AS together under a unified branding to transform their network into a general entertainment channel
CN and AS are already unified. CN started out as an all ages channel. It didn't start being considered a kid's channel until the then president decided to compete with Nickelodeon directly.

If you mean have the entire channel operate under a single moniker, I agree and that name should be Cartoon Network since Adult Swim started out as a program block. It's not an issue of "can they do this?" but "will they?" WBD chooses not to for the reason that I previously mentioned.

I've explained this to you as best as I can. I don't know how much clearer I can make it. The internet is your friend; a quick search can tell you who owns what and how they operate.
I did a lot of times.
Then you're doing it wrong. The information is out there. You just need to search for it. What about Williams Street specifically are you trying to find out?

Last edited:

aegisrawks

At this point I have an alternate idea: Make CN for adults too. Now hear me out, this could be great. Since CN is no longer being watched by kids it would be much wiser to just cut to the chase and air cartoons that are kid friendly but adults love like all the classics and some of the edgier cartoons like Infinity Train. And like history has shown us they will eventually attract kids anyway.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
At this point I have an alternate idea: Make CN for adults too. Now hear me out, this could be great. Since CN is no longer being watched by kids it would be much wiser to just cut to the chase and air cartoons that are kid friendly but adults love like all the classics and some of the edgier cartoons like Infinity Train. And like history has shown us they will eventually attract kids anyway.
That's what Michael Ouweleen would like to do with CN; he stated as such in a Variety interview at the beginning of the year. His aim is to focus on the 29-year-old demographic, as that's the age demo which responds to the likes of Adventure Time, Regular Show, Infinity Train, Mao Mao et al. Right now, WBD is still trying to bring down their debt and put out their various fires, but maybe he can put this plan into action once the dust settles over there.

I'm not trying to give WBD too much credit because I've been burned by them before, but if this article is any indication, then they could, key word, could be on the way to achieving this goal.

-Mind you, this is South Asia; maybe one day we can get something like this in the West.

Last edited:
Warner Media wants to keep Cartoon Network and Adult Swim under separate labels for advertising purposes. AS can get the kinds of sponsors that wouldn't advertise on CN and vice-versa.

CN and AS are already unified. CN started out as an all ages channel. It didn't start being considered a kid's channel until the then president decided to compete with Nickelodeon directly.

If you mean have the entire channel operate under a single moniker, I agree and that name should be Cartoon Network since Adult Swim started out as a program block. It's not an issue of "can they do this?" but "will they?" WBD chooses not to for the reason that I previously mentioned.

Then you're doing it wrong. The information is out there. You just need to search for it. What about Williams Street specifically are you trying to find out?
Just their promos and the work they did for Cartoon Network

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

there are many parts of my childhood I wish I could erase from my memories. so much bullying. I was mentally, emotionally and physically traumatized. really, my current personality is me trying to reclaim that part of my life.
Since it's May the Fourth, might as well post this bit of trivia:

DePatie–Freleng Enterprises- known for The Pink Panther, mid-60s Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies, many Dr. Seuss specials, The Bod Squad, and Time for Timer- handled the lightsaber effects for Episode IV.
I wonder if the new Dexter's Lab set will have Rude Removal on it. They were okay with putting The Whoopass Girls on the PPG set many years ago that they were advertising on Cartoon Network (albeit they muted every time it was said in the pilot). This set's clearly for adults.
They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.

Featured Posts