"Silk: Spider Society" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

the greenman

You know, I kinda figured AMAZON and WB was playing footsie under the table. However, I read Netflix is trying their hands on them.

Then you also have Disney with Apple. SONY has not been on my radar. Be interesting to find out how this all transpires.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
This kind of feels like a reaction to whatever the response to Madame Web was. If they have so little faith in the story they've been working on for years, what's the point of forcing it into something else? Sony continues to look clueless about what they want to do on the TV front with the Spidey properties. I had hope in them doing something in this area (especially after they starrted planning all this stuff after the first Spider-Verse) but still nothing has come to fruition outside of a three minute Spider-Ham short. I don't want to see them rush out something mediocre that no one is interested in but I just want to see them succeed at something, if they're going to keep sticking at this.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I have to say I'm not surprised...
The eye brow raiser is one of the three iterations it went through allegedly was "reconfigure the show so it is not hanging so heavily on the central character of Silk." Make the show less about the title character? That can't be real. The elephant in the room is the box office results from Madame Web, I'm sure that's what probably killed Amazon's interest in Silk.

Frontier

Staff member
The eye brow raiser is one of the three iterations it went through allegedly was "reconfigure the show so it is not hanging so heavily on the central character of Silk." Make the show less about the title character? That can't be real. The elephant in the room is the box office results from Madame Web, I'm sure that's what probably killed Amazon's interest in Silk.
Yeah, Sony can only get so much mileage out of this IP, especially with less than stellar productions.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"No Silk For You: Amazon Passes On Spider-Spinoff"​

kb7bulw1.jpg

"Last year it was announced Amazon had started production on a Spider-Man-adjacent series starring one of the comic’s newest heroes, Cindy Moon AKA “Silk.” But apparently that’s not happening anymore…several news outlets are reporting the series has been abandoned.

It would’ve been called Silk: Spider-Society and not much else about it is known other than that. Angela Kang, former showrunner of The Walking Dead in its later years, would have helmed the project."

Read the full article here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of Cartoon Network's "City Era". This era ties with the "Powerhouse Era" as my favorite era through out the channel's history.

Featured Posts