Since Rebecca Sugar stated we might get more SU if enough people wanted it, what would you like in a revival?

Eldorado

Me?

I would like either a multiverse traveling arc or a new series where the Gems take on a new threat: a race of all male Metals which ultimately leads to the origins of Gemkind and how they connect to the new story.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
I would like to see some stand alone movies/specials. I want to see a follow up for Lars of the Stars that has them facing off Emerald (as I don’t think we even have a canon size for her). Another one I want to see is a prequel about Pink Diamond getting Spinal.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
I would love to see a some sort of a continuation after Steven Universe Future. I thought that would be awesome.

And probably just for funsise, a Spinel short series. That would be funny.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
As much as I love Steven Universe I don't want a revival. The way the show ended is good enough and I want to see CN make more original stuff

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
As much as I love Steven Universe I don't want a revival. The way the show ended is good enough and I want to see CN make more original stuff
Yeah, I understand. As much as I want CN focus on original ideas instead of bringing back popular IPs, sadly the people at the top at WBD doesn’t seem to confident on them.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
Hey, if Fionna and Cake can get one, why not Steven Universe?

(BTW, Ben 10 and Powerpuff Girls 2016 are reboots, not revivals. Big difference)
I meant the new ones they are making now iirc. Basically the point being too soon. Also, Steven had a long story and ended decently. Reviving that would be like healing a leg and then hurting it again.

JMTV

Pim The Precious Boi
I’m imagining something animated in the same tone as a Fleischer cartoon from the 1930’s, and realizing I never knew I needed this until right now.
Now, that would be funny. Having Spinel a Betty Boop like personality would make it extra fun.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Fair enough opinion though two quick points

A. The original ending of the show was super rushed because of Cartoon Network butting heads with Rebecca Sugar over the wedding of Ruby and Sapphire which yeah did hurt how the series ended not enough to where it was bad but yeah could have been a lot better

B. Honestly with how CN is being forced to cut off other shows and what series we kind of are getting not sure how much I really trust them to even be allowed to show like new original stuff anyway.

On topic with the point if we wind up getting more stuff in the Steven Universe world... I would actually like it if Steven himself was either a more background player or not given a focus and we actually got to spend time with the other characters. It made sense in Future to have the arc be mostly on Steven as it was about his development after what happened in the war but quite frankly I'd be fine with more one off adventures that didn't feel the need to force him into conflicts and getting little slice of life bits with most of the rest of the cast in Beach City/New Gem Nation. I doubt that would happen if we got more SU but again this is asking what we'd want in a revival so that's my pitch.

Corwin Haught

The Steven Universe timeline had already been plotted out back at the beginning of or early in production including points in the narrative well past what was ultimately produced and broadcast, so I'm assuming that if any more SU ever comes out, a new Crewniverse would go by that.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I don't know where to post this...
but Alvin and the Chipmunks movie is in development of Disney.

I guess Nick is officially done with this franchise for now.
Happy 20th Birthday to the Cartoon Network City Era!

Watching this clip from the Princess Power special "Princess Royal Wedding", where Queen Ryung & Queen Olivia get married, makes me glad that the show was picked up by a streaming service. If it was picked up by the Junior 3 (Disney Jr, Nick Jr , & PBS Kids), an episode like this either wouldn't be made or if it,would come when the show was went to a less available channel
Happy 20th anniversary to my favorite CN logo and CN City.
Today marks the 20th Year Anniversary of Cartoon Network's "City Era". This era ties with the "Powerhouse Era" as my favorite era through out the channel's history.

Featured Posts