"Spider-Man Untitled 4th MCU Movie" News & Discussion

Ed Nygma

I was on board with Justin Lin directing. While I'm eager to see Spidey finally meet DD and Kingpin as is rumored, I don't see the need for this movie to really exist and seems to be just greedy Sony trying to crank one more out. The people on the Marvel sub on reddit are completely sold on there being a 'college' trilogy with Tom Holland, but I think that's unnecessary and putting the cart before the horse. No Way Home was a good finale and in some ways wrapped up the entire filmic Spidey saga, so I'm not chomping at the bit for Homecoming 4, 5, and 6. They find increasingly forced ways to jam an MCU hero into the narrative and I fear this won't be any more organic. Dr. Strange came out of nowhere and was so OOC just to get the plot going.

I really hope we don't see Zendaya or Ned again though, like why, what's the point? Has Peter learned nothing? I'm also a Euphoria fan and want her back filming that, not wasting time in a movie where she isn't needed that Sony is contractually obligating her to appear in in order to sell a few more tickets. This is how we get assembly line movies-by-committee, that are created just to meet a release date and bump the quarter for the studios' earnings.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Bring Raimi back for adult Peter, have the writers due it...or even Happy Hogan himself :p.
Idk. If it was these 3 choices, I'd go with Daley & Goldstein. “Dungeons and Dragons” and “Game Night” were two fun movies and they already got experience with writing this Spider-Man.

Nothing against Raimi, also always love his classics like the Evil Dead movies but his directing style plus MCU Spider-Man would just feel strange to me. Favreau's busy enough with Star Wars. Feels like a missed opportunity with Drew Goddard but he chose the next Matrix movie... shrug.

I took a closer look at the source and looks more conjecture so lucky thing I said "rumored."

Frontier

Staff member
Idk. If it was these 3 choices, I'd go with Daley & Goldstein. “Dungeons and Dragons” and “Game Night” were two fun movies and they already got experience with writing this Spider-Man.

Nothing against Raimi, also always love his classics like the Evil Dead movies but his directing style plus MCU Spider-Man would just feel strange to me. Favreau's busy enough with Star Wars. Feels like a missed opportunity with Drew Goddard but he chose the next Matrix movie... shrug.

I took a closer look at the source and looks more conjecture so lucky thing I said "rumored."
Ideally I'd want someone new to acknowledge the fact that this is kind of a new period or era of Spider-Man but they might want safe bet.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Another comment from Holland.
The simple answer is that I’ll always want to do Spider-Man films. I owe my life and career to Spider-Man. So the simple answer is yes. I’ll always want to do more.
We have the best in the business working toward whatever the story might be. But until we’ve cracked it, we have a legacy to protect. The third movie was so special in so many ways that we need to make sure we do the right thing.
This is the first time in this process that I’ve been part of the creative so early. It’s just a process where I’m watching and learning. It’s just a really fun stage for me. Like I said, everyone wants it to happen. But we want to make sure we’re not overdoing the same things.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Holland bruh DO YOU WANT TO COME BACK OR NOT (It feels like he keeps flip-flopping)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Boomerang might as well join Nicktoons and TeenNick now.

Featured Posts