"SpyXFamily Code: White" Talkback Thread *spoilers*

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
SpyXFamily Code: White
After receiving an order to be replaced in Operation Strix, Loid decides to help Anya win a cooking competition at Eden Academy, by making the director's favorite meal in order to prevent his replacement.​

Now in Theaters.

1713667451402.png

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
The movie did $4.9 million at the U.S. box office, which Variety called "mediocre." I was hoping it would do a little bit better. The data analyst that Variety uses mentions that anime movies tend to come and go at the theaters in America but luckily they made most of their money in Japan and Asia.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
The movie did $4.9 million at the U.S. box office, which Variety called "mediocre." I was hoping it would do a little bit better. The data analyst that Variety uses mentions that anime movies tend to come and go at the theaters in America but luckily they made most of their money in Japan and Asia.

Well, even what are considered "big hits" like the Demon Slayer movie and The Boy and the Heron do what would be considered abysmal numbers for an American animated film. The advantage of Asia providing the bulk of the box office and anime being made on substantially lower budgets mean that anime films turn profits. I was the only person who went to the screening I saw, but it was a Saturday matinee screening in little Muskogee. Bigger city screenings probably had more than one person in attendance. As for the movie quality, I had lots of fun and my official review on the news section for Toonzone should be up by Wednesday.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The News Team's PicardMan has a new review on the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"“Spy X Family Code: White” Review: An Awwsome Movie"​

Spy-X-Family-banner-2-scaled.webp

"Everybody’s favorite fake anime family is back, this time on the big screen. Most movies based on shonen manga tend feel like unremarkable ninety minute filler episodes, but Spy X Family has the advantage of never being much about the overarching plot and more about the slice of life shenanigans. Thankfully, these characters are fun enough to sustain a two hour runtime and their silly antics are just as funny on the big screen.

The film begins with a useful prologue for the uninitiated to understand the main plot of this franchise in that it’s about a spy, Loid Forger, an assassin, Yor Forger, a telepathic six year old, Anya Forger, and a precognitive dog, Bond Forger, who form a pretend family and get into wacky hijinks. This film can be theoretically enjoyed without watching the series, but if you are new to the franchise, I implore you to check out the series if you are an anime fan. It is a must watch."

Read the full review here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

They should file a lawsuit against MeTV Toons for stealing the classic cartoons away from Boomerang. Boomerang found the classic cartoons first.
Shiloh Otter wrote on LinusFan303's profile.
I will miss your use of Mouse as your pfp, but since your name is LinusFan303, having Linus as your pfp only makes sense.
I haven't seen a channel launch as promising as MeTV Toons since The Hub. Let's hope their similarities don't extend to fate.
Happy 8th Anniversary to the Loud House! I still enjoy the show, mostly.
I don't care what anyone says, The Super Friends version of the origin of Batman was pretty effective for 1980s Saturday morning TV. Plus, Alfred telling young Bruce Wayne it's time to go when visiting his parents' graves just tugs at the heartstrings.

Featured Posts