SpyXFamily Talkback Thread *Spoilers*

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Dub for season 1B just came out. It opens up with a much more higher stakes episode involving terrorists using dogs to plant bombs. Seems like this show will take the Assassination Classroom approach to balancing wacky comedy and high stakes shonen action. Precognitive dog is looking to be a great addition to the series. Great start to the cour.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Episode 15 was a fun conclusion to the arc. This one went back to more funny than the action, Yor kicking a car was great. We finally have best boy (sorry Loid) Bond as part of the family. Damien was interested in Anya having a dog it seemed, and I laughed when he was offended by the fact she hadn't named him yet. Well now she he has one to tell him. The ending was cute too.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Episode 16 "Yor's Kitchen"
"The Great Romance Plan"
October 22, 2022

1666414950152.png

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Dub for episode 14 is out. Wow. There were some dark moments like the spymaster lady talking about war in graphic detail and the premonition of Loid's death. I definitely don't believe it will come true and it's something shown out of context or something. Parkour Loid disguised as an old man was a cool scene.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Dub for episode 14 is out. Wow. There were some dark moments like the spymaster lady talking about war in graphic detail and the premonition of Loid's death. I definitely don't believe it will come true and it's something shown out of context or something. Parkour Loid disguised as an old man was a cool scene.
The premonition of Loid's death has already been prevented, as the bomb that Anya discovered (and warned Loid about with the ketchup message) would have killed him had she not intervened.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Weird how she knew by the premonition of them no longer standing around all depressed.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Episode 17 "Carry out the Griffin Plan"
"Fullmetal Lady"
"Omelet Rice"
October 29, 2022
1667020030526.png

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Episode 17. Back to the school plots. Anya is trying hard for the mission, have to admire that. Becky falls in love with Loid. Anya trying to get Damian's favor was funny, and you can see how much he was working on because as later shows that he already has figured his father really doesn't pay attention to him, showing his goals of wanting to do something that'll gain his father's interest. The explanation of how the art piece won, was funny and sounds like something art critics would say.

I liked seeing Sylvia having own perspective plot, for the manga extras they've adapted for the series. And Yuri's stomach is tough as heck. Good episode.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Episode 18
"Uncle the Private Tutor"
"Daybreak"
November 5, 2022
1667627491185.png

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Almost forgot. Uncle Private Tutor was a fun ride. We see Anya's power has a weakness and that's the new moon so she can't cheat. She tries her best, I think thing she's really trying her best for being put into a school that's top tier and her not having really anything big formal education before then and being younger than her classmates. Yuri tutoring her was pretty funny, pretty bold to say she wants to rule the world to the secret police guy. They almost bonded, but he ran. Also laughed at poor Bond eating Yor's cookies.

Daybreak being opposite of Twilight including in how he's not good at being a spy at all was pretty funny. It was also a nice way to show that Anya at least did a passing grade, wasn't top of the class, but it was nice, so Loid didn't have to change the answers.

Also glad there was smug Damian face, perfect.
Fg7UuyPX0AIC05V.jpg

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Episode 19
"A Revenge Plot against Desmond"
"Mama Becomes the Wind"
November 12, 2022

George, a boy in Anya's class who believes he will be forced to leave Eden, is treated to a luxurious final day of class. Yor dashes to Eden to deliver Anya her gym clothes while Loid tails her.

Episode 20
"Investigate the General Hospital
"Decipher the Perplexing Code"

November 19, 2022

1668232634779.png

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I cracked up so much at Yor's dreaming of Anya accompanying her on her assassination missions and blood just splattering on Anya's face. That and Loid asking why Anya was taking notes at the wrong time during his description of his workplace. This show is really good at comedy.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Episode 26 "Let's Follow Papa and Mama" October 7, 2023

With Anya Forger successfully enrolled at the renowned Eden Academy, Operation Strix advances to its second phase.

1696694987179.png

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Glad the show is back. Really funny episode with Yor being unable to sit due to her butt injury from a gunshot. You gotta go to the doctor, Yor!:p Also, love the new opening and ending themes by Ado and Vaundy. Here are the MV's for both:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Episode 27 October 14, 2023
"Bond's Strategy to Stay Alive"
"Damian's Field Research Trip"
1697256462280.png

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
The Bond episode was really funny and justified, considering how bad Yor's cooking is. And Damien's episode was a nice way to see a different side and allow him and his friends to actually be kids for once.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Action! wrote on Dr.Pepper's profile.
Congrats on being promoted!
seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) live tomorrow night (as of this post) :D
I've been promoted to moderator/staff member, just a day after my account turned 7 no less!
Forget "Game of Thrones" and "Walking Dead". I still say "Once Upon a Time" is the best show of the 2010's.
Regarding MeTV Toons, do you think one day that they’ll start airing shows from the 2010’s? Stuff like The Looney Tunes Show or Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated?

Featured Posts