"The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants" Talkback Thread (spoilers)

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
So apparently DreamWorks thought it was a good idea to make a TV show based on that Captain Underpants movie, they already released the theme song. The show premieres July 13.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
It was pretty much mentioned quite awhile ago, I wouldn’t be surprised if the video shown here, could have a possibility that the artstyle of this video, would be used for the series.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DeanBurrito25

So, George and Harold are voiced by kid actors here (which they probably should have done in the movie), and Mr. Krupp's voice is higher and less grumbly than I was expecting (which I think Ed Helms did alright in the movie).

Seems like they're doubling down on the feel of the books here. Also, it seems like the show will used a bit of the mixed media gags the movie did (e.g. the switch to stop motion animation at random).

ToonsJazzLover

Compared to most of the Dreamworks shows based from their movies, this one look necessary and a reason to exist. I enjoyed watching the movie so I will be watching this next month.

Radical

Banned
I'll so enjoy The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants next to Harvey Street Kids, cool that it's a sweet animation/art style from the Captain Underpants books, having kid voice actors voicing George & Harold is great, love Mr. Krupp and his new voice is great but higher pitched, and using great new supervillains for Captain Underpants to face was great:D.

Dudley

Staff member
I agree. Of all the DWA movies to get a show, this seems the one most suited for it. Which of course is helped by the fact it’s based on a very popular book series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Just saw the first episode. Captain Underpants was made for TV. Everything from the books is here - from the comics George & Harold make to the always clever Flip-O-Rama technique. Just like the movie, the show stayed true to the original source material, and proves that it can use butt/fart jokes without being cringey. I also love how it switches to sock puppets at any given moment.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

There were apparently whispers at Universal of a Jaws remake a few years ago.
Al Jean hoping The Simpsons makes it to 1000 episodes sounds more like a threat than a promise, especially with how Julie Kavner's voice has been sounding.
Veronica Taylor posted on Twitter that Rachael Lillis has been ill for a few months, and posted the link to a GoFundMe set up by Rachael's sister Laurie. I will post it here:

Here's an Intel Pentium MMX commercial featuring the voice of Casey Kasem, along with a certain disco hit song:

Featured Posts