"The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials" Talkback

ShadowBlinky

Also I think I saw Yogi's First Christmas back in the day on YTV. I just remember this special where Yogi and other people went to a resort and sang songs.
Are you sure that wasn't Casper's First Christmas? It's shorter, and Yogi and the gang are featured in it.

Sounds like Yogi's First Christmas had one main attraction: Kids got to see a bunch of Hanna Barbera characters acting together.

Today the characters aren't famous anymore, so there's little point to it.

haven't most of the classic animated franchises of Time Warner or whatever they're called now been wasted? whatever happened to that Flintstones reboot by Seth McFarland?

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
Poopsies is the second coming of Gak. But with ads that aren't as severely repeated (I'm not sure since I haven't watched much TV in years).

There was already a Jingle All the Way sequel that was about Mater's voice actor finding some girl toy. There was no unicorn poo involved but that's kind of similar.
Also I think I saw Yogi's First Christmas back in the day on YTV. I just remember this special where Yogi and other people went to a resort and sang songs.
I actually saw the DVD of the Jingle All The Way sequel at a Redbox once. And the reason the Gak ad repeated was because that was what most cable providers used as the local slot to overwrite ads, and if providers didn't overwrite it, you got this instead. I know this since I watched Animaniacs on there back then and it would show stuff like Majestic Gardens and AutoMat after the promo that played before the flood of Gak ads.

Back on the topic of Christmas specials, I think you should try to do Trolls Holiday or Olaf's Frozen Adventure as well. The second one especially, since it premiered in theaters before it aired on TV to much controversy.

Dsneybuf

Sadly, when I watched Olaf's Frozen Adventure disconnected from Coco (Olaf's home media releases also come with some old Disney shorts, including the Mary Blair-inspired "Once Upon a Wintertime"), it still didn't feel engaging.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Trolls Holiday and Olaf's Adventure were only out in the last three years and they're both based on recent established properties so they may need a bit more time to qualify as misfits.

Dsneybuf

Peter reviewed the Elf on the Shelf's special only one year after it first aired, and eight years after the book's publication, though I don't know if he'd dislike Olaf's Frozen Adventure as much as he did that.

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!

Dsneybuf

I first saw Pee Wee Herman via Disney Channel's frequent airings of Pee Wee's Big Adventure in the mid-'90s.

I first saw Pee Wee Herman via Disney Channel's frequent airings of Pee Wee's Big Adventure in the mid-'90s.

wasn't he toxic after the big misadventure in Sarasota? that probably killed the syndication value of the show, Fox Family did air it but that was several years later

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
When looking through the TV guide, I stumbled upon a potential misfit called The Happy Elf. It's a special based on a song by Harry Connick Jr made by the same company who did Garfield and Friends, and it's a musical! It also features Lewis Black in his first kid-friendly role, predating Inside Out by a decade.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
How's the last misfit of 2018 coming? Will it arrive on time? Or will it be delayed to after Christmas like the Gaga thing a few years back?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Today I found out there is a new PBS Retro FAST channel available on The Roku Channel. I also learned that I can access it when I thought I wouldn't be able to. PBS Retro has a lot of great shows I never thought I'd see again. Awesome!
It looks like Bob Backish may be out as CEO of Paramount. Can David Zaslav be next? Please?
nick.com has banner (since past few weeks) has KCA 2024 on July 13 at 8pm. But no further news, nor any promos for it yet.

I thought Nick would get new promos for other shows or new episodes, but still NOTHING.
Why is it automatically assumed that if a person were to suddenly gain super powers they'll put on tights and either immediately decide to save the world or conquer/destroy it?
the sports junkie in me really loves playing Sports Reference's Immaculate Grid games. nice way to start off each morning.

Featured Posts